BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Took about an hour. I would say the easier way to install them was assemble the down pipes to the cross pipe, bolt it on, then tap the Y pipe on to the hanger and down pipes with the mallet. If I were to follow the instructions, it DEFINITELY would have taken me longer as lining up the hanger to the nub was kind of a PITA separately, I wouldn’t imagine trying to finagle the entire system to line up. Having spring pliers also made putting on the springs significantly easier, as did putting copper anti-seize on all the joints so they slid together easily. I measured the spring mount distances and the springs in conjunction with driving the bike made the pipes seat in more despite feeling completely seated before riding it.

The last pic is after about 10 minutes of idling in traffic and a short 10 mile commute to a buddy’s house. They’re ALOT more colored now.

I’ll also say that the bike runs quite a bit smoother now, especially in the lower RPMs. The exhaust also pops/crackles SIGNIFICANTLY less, which makes me think a BoosterPlug isn’t necessary at all. Seems like the ECU adjusted fine. Then again, I also have a GP exhaust, which is basically just an open pipe so that probably contributes a bit. 😂

Lastly, there were no gaskets on my headers. Since they weren’t there, I didn’t put new ones on. I read a couple people have experienced having no header gaskets as well....not sure how I feel about that, but it’s sealed and doesn’t leak. 🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine didn't have gaskets either, been running it like that for over a year without issues
Yeah, if it weren’t for reading about it beforehand on here, I woulda been kind of worried/pissed. But after inspecting the stock header and flanges, there was no evidence of leaking either...figured if the factory didn’t install it, I probably don’t need it.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
definitely a helpful post about a very worthy upgrade -- and f%$£ing gorgeous pipes! cannot wait to get mine delivered, installed and seated. thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on this upgrade, you'll love it ! Not too loud with the open GP silencer ?
Eh....it’s not too bad....quieter than most Harleys. Haven’t had a single negative comment on the sound even from my neighbors lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts