These photos totally saved me and gave me confidence to cut/fix myself.2 years after the repair, I had the same issue yesterday. Now I have opened the wiring loom myself. 1 repaired cable was broken again and 2 others were also almost broken. I have restored everything myself now. You do better yourself.
View attachment 125414
View attachment 125416
View attachment 125417
View attachment 125418
View attachment 125419
View attachment 125420
NJ Dealership wanted over 100$ for failed warranty work.
- Unclip wire holder ,front of tank
- remove screws from back of cluster
- disconnect wire harness
- unwrap black tape
- found black wire was fixed originally via warranty, years ago
- and now red wire was cut
- added 1-2 inch extra red wire to avoid any strain when turning full lock to left
- crimp/heat shrink tubed
- wrap black tape
- another wrap of electrical tape or similar
- put everything back
OEM wires are enough length for right turns but left turns sucks! Eventually will snap since it's not long enough.
Thank you dxamet!