·
Registered
707 Posts
oi loike!

·
Registered
2016 R NineT Classic with aluminium tank with weld
16 Posts
Thanks fella. Yeah, I’m pretty happy with the result. $15AUD from our mate Ali from China. Literally 2.5 mins to apply and easy to take off and recycle bin them if you don’t like the look or change your mind. You could even regift them to fellow NineTers for Christmas. There’s a range of colours and combinations and they seem to fit the existing indentation pretty much perfectly. None of the fitting issues that some of the vinyl decals have had.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks fella. Yeah, I’m pretty happy with the result. $15AUD from our mate Ali from China. Literally 2.5 mins to apply and easy to take off and recycle bin them if you don’t like the look or change your mind. You could even regift them to fellow NineTers for Christmas. There’s a range of colours and combinations and they seem to fit the existing indentation pretty much perfectly. None of the fitting issues that some of the vinyl decals have had.

View attachment 133814
I saw these & almost pulled the trigger but question the adhesive on the raised lettering. Anyone have here them on long enough or for really long rides to know they won't fall off? Also, would love to see the back of these & how detailed they are cut to fit into the lettering.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I saw these & almost pulled the trigger but question the adhesive on the raised lettering. Anyone have here them on long enough or for really long rides to know they won't fall off? Also, would love to see the back of these & how detailed they are cut to fit into the lettering.
Mine have been on for 7 months and no problem.
I asked the guy who wrapped my snorkel and added the letters what he thought about the glue.
He thought it was plenty strong enough.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Do you have a link please, dodgy? And key question - how long did they take to get to you? I might get a set at that price, thinking the all-gold version might chime nicely with the adjacent gold pinstripe on the tank, and the gold fork.. TIA... (Brissie)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you have a link please, dodgy? And key question - how long did they take to get to you? I might get a set at that price, thinking the all-gold version might chime nicely with the adjacent gold pinstripe on the tank, and the gold fork.. TIA... (Brissie)
Yep, sure. The one I got was the link below but there’s several on AliExpress

US $9.89 10% OFF|3D Heat resistant Motorcycle Exhaust Pipe Sticker Cool Personality Gradient waterproof For BMW R NINE T R NineT r9t 3 D|Covers & Ornamental Mouldings| - AliExpress

The all gold would look good with that stripe.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to answer your other question. These took about 2 months to get through to Sydney. I guess the ‘Rona has messed up logistics chains etc. According to the tracking it got shipped within a day or two but then sat somewhere for nearly a month “awaiting airline availability” then took three and a half weeks after that.

The adhesive tape was 3M branded but whether it’s legit or not coming from it’s source is anyone’s guess but I was interested in that myself. After application I gave it half an hour to set properly and carefully tested trying to pull them off. They seem stuck pretty good. I’m now interested to see how they hold up to the weather. They claim to be fade proof but time will tell.

As for the fit, they fit perfectly into the indented OEM lettering on the air intake. I’ll try and get a closer photo to show next time I go down to the garage.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks, dodg, but as usual AliExpress and I do not get on - in fact I've never had a satisfactory engagement with them: they just don't want to take my dosh, it seems!. We seem to go round and round in circles obtaining and verifying passwords, etc., to no avail. I shall try the item description on E Bay, with which I have never had any problems whatsoever! But I appreciate your posts and this link!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nothing similar on E Bay - bugger!

·
Registered
707 Posts
What would you do without me? ;)

Ask and Ye shall receive! Twice as much on eBay as on AliExpress though unfortunately.
BMW R nineT R Nine T R9T 3D Logo Eoswing | eBay

Thanks, dodge, I appreciate your advice. But at AUD$72 (including shipping) I'm gonna say 'pass' on the E Bay item, as at best it's only a bit o' bling, tho' I do like its understated presence on the snorkel. PM on way....

·
Registered
16 Posts
As for the fit, they fit perfectly into the indented OEM lettering on the air intake. I’ll try and get a closer photo to show next time I go down to the garage.
Finally got down stairs and snapped these quickly. Hopefully they show how well they fit the OEM indented lettering.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts