BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R nineT "Classic" VA plate BXR 9T
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old topic that doesn't seem solved after a couple of hours searching: Is there/what is an OBD2 support app for iOS that has been tried in the forum community?

My '18 9T is to that point in life that every other service interval is really just an oil change. I'd like my diagnostic lights to be diagnosing, not nagging, on those in between periods. My local BMW dealers blanch when I ask them to reset my service light after I change the oil. (Likely worried about scrutiny from the Motorrad Mafia)

So the ask; has anyone here successfully reset their service light with an OBD2 dongle and iOS app? (Success like in no light and not bricking the MCU)

All the best!

·
Registered
Urban G/S
100 Posts
Good question, I've been looking for options to do this with iOS and so far come up blank.

I'm at the point of looking to buy a cheap Android just to use with Motoscan, which would still be cheaper than a GS-911

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good question, I've been looking for options to do this with iOS and so far come up blank.

I'm at the point of looking to buy a cheap Android just to use with Motoscan, which would still be cheaper than a GS-911
I’m considering this, too. Still looking before I do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too, was hoping to get IOS app but eventually went to get a cheap samsung tablet from costco for $75. Now my motoscan clears my service light way cheaper than having dealer and or gs-911 reset.
Quick question: which level of Motoscan did you use to clear your light? I found a free, cheap, pro, and wrench-monkey level of the app.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll close out my ask with this: I have enough friends and family with old ‘droid in drawers. OBDlink MX+, Motoscan Pro, and an old Galaxy from 2013 and call it done. There doesn’t seem to be an iOS solution.

·
Registered
21 R9T
252 Posts
I got the Motoscan recently, and after 2 upgrades to the software it worked. I have an old Sony but I have seen a mention about pc working with it. Would have just bought the 911 but the fun police didn’t deem it worthwhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts