BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to check up on the status of my UGS on order, expecting the code 155 for production completed ... Even better than that, I got a 182 code which means "released to Carrier"
WooHoo

I am sure to be riding in the month of May. Thought I would be waiting till mid-June.
Super excited!

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
16 Posts
What, wait, how did you check your status??? I have been waiting since Jan. for the Bean. Last check was a somewhat nebulous it is probably on the boat heading to NY. And sorry, but what is a UGS, aren't they those fuzzy slippers that I see the stars wearing on the way to their workouts?

·
Registered
BMW R nineT /5
83 Posts
The bean...UGS is shorthand for an Urban GS model of R NineT. Uggs are Australian slippers & girly boots of sheepskin fluffy things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oo thanks for clarifying that for me, glad I haven't been riding with my slippers lately, they aren't sheepskin but they are fluffy.....o_O :LOL:

Reactions: Avelingporter

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Question still stands -- how did you check? I had to call the dealer for that -- mine is at the dealership, waiting for plates! Germany is a giant, creaking beaurocracy...

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In answer to your questions ... Bean and matmiller, yes I had to call my dealer. When I first placed my order, the "Vehicle Inquiry Dealer" sheet showed basic info as well as the status. Status 111 was - order accepted at Ag, with a projected week of production 14, the 14th week of the year. As soon as week 14 finished, of course I asked for another inquiry listing, hoping for status 155 - production completed. To my surprise I got status "182 AG Load No. — Released to Carrier" on March 31st !! The inquiry report also showed a VIN number for the first time!

Now it should be approx 4 weeks from that date for arrival to Canada, I don't know what other info I will be able to discover from now till then but in a couple of weeks I will ask some more questions. If I can get a vessel name perhaps I can track it on Google Marine Traffic and make myself more crazy.
But I'm happy so far

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What, wait, how did you check your status??? I have been waiting since Jan. for the Bean. Last check was a somewhat nebulous it is probably on the boat heading to NY. And sorry, but what is a UGS, aren't they those fuzzy slippers that I see the stars wearing on the way to their workouts?
Ask your dealer for a Vehicle Inquiry Report. Takes all of 5 seconds to get it off his system

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here you go ..... inquiry.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks all for the help.

Reactions: Jacc883

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is good news! I’m going to do a check in next week with my dealer. Mine was allocated for March production and May delivery so it may well be on the same boat!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wouldn't that be to cool for school, thing is, once it hits NY it has to come out west to the land of fruits and nuts...wait what am I whining about at least she will on the way. :ROFLMAO: So here's to you mate....maybe the Bean is riding home with a buddy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts