BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pure
231 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jacc883. Our local dealer was supposed to get an UGS 40th Anniversary Bumble Bee in late March, they still have not received it. They are saying this week maybe, but I'm not holding my breath. Seems to be some serious delays in them getting shipped.

Best,
-Tim

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
That sucks! I don’t know why Germans are so dreadfully inefficient, but they are, especially in Berlin. From the time my bike was finished being built in Berlin, it took them two weeks to get it to the dealership in Berlin.

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Seeing your status inquiry made me feel better ... knowing that things actually DO advance, if only at a slow pace! Perhaps (no .... for sure) I was being super optimistic cause I want to believe I will get if quicker, but the truth is my salesperson has had more experience and knows how it will go down. As you mentioned, Bean, gives me more time to buy more stuff!

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That sucks! I don’t know why Germans are so dreadfully inefficient, but they are, especially in Berlin. From the time my bike was finished being built in Berlin, it took them two weeks to get it to the dealership in Berlin.
Aaaargh !!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seeing your status inquiry made me feel better ... knowing that things actually DO advance, if only at a slow pace! Perhaps (no .... for sure) I was being super optimistic cause I want to believe I will get if quicker, but the truth is my salesperson has had more experience and knows how it will go down. As you mentioned, Bean, gives me more time to buy more stuff!
Looks like I’m in the same boat as you (or not on the boat lol). Apparently mine has not yet been shipped, but BMW Canada and BMW Germany are in the process of resolving the issue, which is due to a shipping container shortage! I have no ETA at the moment, but hopefully this gets addressed!

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looks like I’m in the same boat as you (or not on the boat lol). Apparently mine has not yet been shipped, but BMW Canada and BMW Germany are in the process of resolving the issue, which is due to a shipping container shortage! I have no ETA at the moment, but hopefully this gets addressed!
I was going to "like" your comment but that's not really the right feeling.
How come BMW are looking to resolve? How long ago did you order, and have any deadlines been missed?
I ordered mine on Feb 10, and was informed it would be mid-June, but with the status checks, I had optimistically thought it would be mid-may. If the promise of early-mid June is to be respected, then I think my bike should be on a ship (somewhere) by 1st week of May at the latest.

That's what I'm hoping to see next time I ask for a status inquiry in 10 days or so.
BTW, once I pile on the break-in miles, it is 99% certain that I will be heading out to Toronto to visit my biker buddy of 50 years! So we will have to get together for a coffee or lunch?

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
38 Posts
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this helps or hurts, I put my deposit down in Dec. 2020, order went in Jan. 5th or 6th, not sure but early Jan., according to the status report I posted from 4/20/21, act. prod.date 3/29/21, however, from a earlier status report, 3/23/21 it shows production started 1/6/21, so there is some confusion on my part as to what's up. Good thing I have Hellen to play with in the mean time.
3-23-Status-Check.png
Hellen.png

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was going to "like" your comment but that's not really the right feeling.
How come BMW are looking to resolve? How long ago did you order, and have any deadlines been missed?
I ordered mine on Feb 10, and was informed it would be mid-June, but with the status checks, I had optimistically thought it would be mid-may. If the promise of early-mid June is to be respected, then I think my bike should be on a ship (somewhere) by 1st week of May at the latest.

That's what I'm hoping to see next time I ask for a status inquiry in 10 days or so.
BTW, once I pile on the break-in miles, it is 99% certain that I will be heading out to Toronto to visit my biker buddy of 50 years! So we will have to get together for a coffee or lunch?
I ordered towards the end of February. The dealer had a unit allocated for March production which they were able to change in time. I was told that it would be a May delivery (which seems about right)...but now this! So he said tentatively June now.

Presumably BMW are working to procure shipping containers! Apparently there is a worldwide shortage (something else we can thank COVID for...although, as they say, “first world problems”. In the grand scheme of things, a delay in receiving your new motorbike isn’t a big deal I suppose).

Thankfully I too have another bike (which I was toying with trading in towards another BMW perhaps....but I probably want to hold off on that lol).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shipping container shortage, who wouldof thunk! I guess all those modern shipping container mini homes are to blame...:unsure: As for having another bike to play with, as much as I love my Hellen Honda, I want the Bean here and now, Hellen gets her name because she is hell on my back, arms, and body in general, bless her carburetors.....

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Shipping container shortage, who wouldof thunk! I guess all those modern shipping container mini homes are to blame...:unsure: As for having another bike to play with, as much as I love my Hellen Honda, I want the Bean here and now, Hellen gets her name because she is hell on my back, arms, and body in general, bless her carburetors.....
In my case, there were no Urban GS allocated except for 1 40th Anni, so it was a really special order..... Container shortage - exactly, who would have thunk as you so well put it. Anyways, there does not seem to be any other options but waiting. My Sportster has been gone a couple of weeks already, and now my garage is SUPER CLEAN..... down to the floor and all excess crap has been discarded - just waiting to fill it with excitement.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In my case, there were no Urban GS allocated except for 1 40th Anni, so it was a really special order..... Container shortage - exactly, who would have thunk as you so well put it. Anyways, there does not seem to be any other options but waiting. My Sportster has been gone a couple of weeks already, and now my garage is SUPER CLEAN..... down to the floor and all excess crap has been discarded - just waiting to fill it with excitement.
Well one way to think about it is 'a special bike for a special person is always worth the wait'....

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
, as much as I love my Hellen Honda, I want the Bean here and now, Hellen gets her name because she is hell on my back, arms, and body in general, bless her carburetors.....
Actually the same goes for my Sportster, it was just a tough ride on my body and the time had come to make a decision about my riding future. Then along comes the UGS in my field of view one day in 2019! So the stage is set.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just saw a thread on Reddit started by a Canadian who was told by his dealer that BMW deliveries will be delayed 4-5 months due to the container situation. I sincerely hope not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just saw a thread on Reddit started by a Canadian who was told by his dealer that BMW deliveries will be delayed 4-5 months due to the container situation. I sincerely hope not.
Hummm, it's April now and I think I saw that skis were an option. Dog gone it I knew I should have checked that box....:cry:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hummm, it's April now and I think I saw that skis were an option. Dog gone it I knew I should have checked that box....:cry:
OOOooo no Mr. Bill, we have been talking containers, or the lack thereof, in this thread and what do I just read about......
'Shipping containers plunge overboard as supply race raises risks', this from the Bangkok Post: Shipping containers plunge overboard as supply race raises risks... Okay settle down here, they are talking somewhere on the China side of life so hopefully all of our babies are safe and on the way or looking for a nice warm container to snuggle up in...Well at least I hope so.
:oops:
Container on the way.jpg

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo !!!

·
Registered
2017 Pure
231 Posts
Well my local dealer finally got the 40th Anniversary UGS delivered that was supposed to be here in March. I must say, it is so much more beautiful in person than it is even in the pictures. They are getting a total of two this year, and have a waiting list of six or so individuals who want to buy them.

I remember back in the 1980's, I was living in the city, a broke actor, and the local BMW dealership (now long gone) had an original Bumble Bee GS in stock. I thought it was the coolest bike I had ever seen, and loved the idea that you could go anywhere on that bike. Really tweaked my wander-lust. I think that is one reason this new 40th Anniversary UGS pushes my buttons. But way out of my price range.

If you have a chance to see one in person, I highly recommend it.

Best,
-Tim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well my local dealer finally got the 40th Anniversary UGS delivered that was supposed to be here in March. I must say, it is so much more beautiful in person than it is even in the pictures. They are getting a total of two this year, and have a waiting list of six or so individuals who want to buy them.

I remember back in the 1980's, I was living in the city, a broke actor, and the local BMW dealership (now long gone) had an original Bumble Bee GS in stock. I thought it was the coolest bike I had ever seen, and loved the idea that you could go anywhere on that bike. Really tweaked my wander-lust. I think that is one reason this new 40th Anniversary UGS pushes my buttons. But way out of my price range.

Best,
-Tim
What wonderful news, both because this proves that unicorns are real, your dealer just got a UGS 40 and maybe, just maybe, the Bean is a bit closer to home. Didn't perhaps see a pretty red and black 719 go by did you???? Hey Jacc883 take a quick look out your window and check to see if the good ship BMW (or would that be good container BMW???) has come to a town near you.

Reactions: Jacc883

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
391 Posts

Best,
-Tim
Totally agree, @Timmyjoe . I still hold onto this 20-year edition:

and she has taken me literally everywhere as well. Trust me, they’re worth every cent! (The kiddos, too)

IMG_0395.jpeg

21 - 40 of 65 Posts