BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well done on your bike as well as this thread! I appreciate all the detail of part numbers and where you purchased things, I think stuff like that really helps everyone. Keep up the great work! I’m now frothing at the mouth for a headlight like that 😂

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
128 Posts
Got my Luimoto Seat in (Leather and Suede).

Also, you may have noticed I got another headlight. One of my buddies has a Harley and the output of his LED headlight was much wider, brighter, and illuminated better on the ground than the one I had. So I returned the Amazon one. I purchased the DayMaker LED Headlight on Black Friday for an excellent price (which is made by JW Speaker but just has "Harley" branding on it). The Black on Black masks the Harley Logo, and unless you are literally 12 inches away, you won't be able to tell. Anyway, i love the blacked out look (even the Halo is smoked when turned off), and has the same beam pattern and internals as the JW Speaker\Motodemic headlight, but with what I "personally" think has a better look.

Lastly, I FINALLY got my eBay "Chinese Replica Hump" about a month and a half later after ordering. The quality is meh (it's just plastic, but not terrible), and the paint finish isn't the best, but it is a very close match to the tank in terms if color shade. There are no issues with fitment and from a distance actually looks like the real deal. I'm happy with the item for the price I paid for.

Obviously the BMW emblem is not included with the hump. In addition, the original BMW hump emblem is 27mm and the Chinese Hump only has a 25mm indention to put a logo. Luckily, I was able to locate and order a 25mm from a Uk store called "I Say Ding Dong Ltd". It took about 2 weeks to get to the States. Their emblems are made out of plastic (i think maybe 3d print?), but seems to be good quality and SUPER cheap.

Taking advantage of paying the same shipment cost in one order, I also ordered two 70mm emblems (with shipping everything costs around $20 USD). They have 3m rear adhesive tape. Anyway, these are thinner than the OEM Tank badges. I have NOT placed them on yet.

QUESTION: I am wondering before removing the original tank emblems, does the tank emblem location indention have a flat surface, or is it curved as well?
Probably too late for you now but I have these same tank badges and fit perfect

21 - 22 of 22 Posts