BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really sweet set of cans, just installed it last week with my un1t garage stainless steel headers. I had the full Akra titanium system on my previous bike and I thought it sounded a bit too tinny, so I decided to go with full SS this time. Really happy I did it, it sounds nice and deep now, not too loud because I left the DB killers in. One note: it was loud as feck for the fist few days — I was worried I’d get arrested — but it has quieted down a bit now to a much more civilized tone. Also, for the inevitable video request: no. iPhone video never does these things justice, as you know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does SS header really sound better then Ti? Were you compared it with the exact same exhaust? Am looking fr a header but debating between SS and Ti
Btw, exhaust looks nice and I think the size is perfect

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think it does sound better, but I didn’t compare the two with the same exhaust. My titanium headers were paired with the titanium exhaust, whereas these new stainless headers are paired with a stainless exhaust.

i should also note that I last heard the first setup back in 2016, so it could all be in my head 😜

·
Registered
315 Posts
Interesting comments from mattmiller1973. A friend had a full Ti system fitted to his 911, sounded tinny, all deep tones were gone.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Really sweet set of cans, just installed it last week with my un1t garage stainless steel headers. I had the full Akra titanium system on my previous bike and I thought it sounded a bit too tinny, so I decided to go with full SS this time. Really happy I did it, it sounds nice and deep now, not too loud because I left the DB killers in. One note: it was loud as feck for the fist few days — I was worried I’d get arrested — but it has quieted down a bit now to a much more civilized tone. Also, for the inevitable video request: no. iPhone video never does these things justice, as you know.

View attachment 143596

View attachment 143597

View attachment 143598
What windscreen is that? Looks both great and functional.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is the Puig Retrovision and it is really great. I like it a lot. Can’t decide if I should have it painted to match or not…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts