BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these headlights on sale in a number of places like motodemic and Wunderlich. Does anyone have experience with them? They are quite expensive and I'd like to hear from any users whether they were worth the upgrade.

I'm looking at the J.W. speaker 8790 LED headlights for the R Nine T.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've seen these headlights on sale in a number of places like motodemic and Wunderlich. Does anyone have experience with them? They are quite expensive and I'd like to hear from any users whether they were worth the upgrade.

I'm looking at the J.W. speaker 8790 LED headlights for the R Nine T.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I really like mine. It looks slick. The adaptive bulbs work as advertised. I like the color temperature and feel the visibility is improved.

Installation (at least with the kit from Motodemic) was simple plug and play with the original headlight ring. It is a bit trickier but doable with a Roland Sands ring.

IMG_0224.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really like mine. It looks slick. The adaptive bulbs work as advertised. I like the color temperature and feel the visibility is improved.

Installation (at least with the kit from Motodemic) was simple plug and play with the original headlight ring. It is a bit trickier but doable with a Roland Sands ring.

View attachment 113345

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for resurrecting an old post, but can you tell us what part was more difficult with the RSD ring? I have an RSD black ops ring and am wanting to add the JW adaptive headlight. Did you need the adapter kit that JW Speaker sells as well?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,125 Posts
Hello 8ball,

Welcome to the forum.

I just noticed you made your first post to the forum, but you haven't had a chance to post in the new members section yet.

The nineTowners members believe that polite forum etiquette is that your first post should be to introduce yourself to the community in their first post; this is why all new members are initially directed to the Introductions section. (As the website has recently migrated over to a new platform, this initial direction may have quite possibly been missed, but as the site evolves these parameters will be reinstalled.)

Please start a new thread in the New Member Introductions section where you can tell us about yourself and your interests.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting an old post, but can you tell us what part was more difficult with the RSD ring? I have an RSD black ops ring and am wanting to add the JW adaptive headlight. Did you need the adapter kit that JW Speaker sells as well?
I haven’t checked this forum in a while - sorry I did not reply.

The problem is the JW Speaker/Motodemic headlight is a smaller diameter than stock. The kit works great when using the original aluminum headlight ring. The RSD headlight ring is constructed differently - and doesn’t work with the smaller diameter light.

Following recommendations on this forum I took small diameter fuel line, cut it open and used it to line the outer rim of the headlight bucket. This provided enough extra thickness to hold the smaller diameter headlight in place.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the reply!
I went down a little different path with mine. I used to work in the automotive windshield installation industry and know how tough the urethane glue is that is used to glue in windshields. I ended up gluing the rear ring half to the headlight pot, and glued the J W Speaker adaptive headlight into the front ring half. This is a semi permanent bond so I don't suggest it unless you are sure you want to keep the J W Speaker headlight long term, but it tuned out really well for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts