BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the July Bike of the Month Competition!

Congratulations to our June BOTM winner, @NateE

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I’ll follow in 2nd.

2. Mods list: Ohlisn FGR218, RCS19 CortaCorsa with CoreMoto brake lines, S1000RR calipers, ebay special X-pattern LED headlight, Apex 3” adjustable clip-ons, JC.9T custome aluminum headlight/belly/intake covers, Lithium battery, RapidbikeEvo2, full Akrapovic with both high/low mount setup, K&H single seat and Vietnam’s Tum leather 2 piece tricolore setup (in the last picture), AC Schnitzer’s wheels with matte anodize and runs 190 rear, Daelus rear light, Driven rearsets (soon will swap out to a different brand due to pegs shape not suited for my riding style at the tracks, added my own rally tricolore stripes, taken off for track are the Rizoma bar end mirrors, currently working on redoing the Aruba wsbk Akrapovic exhaust to my final likings, oil cooler guard, MWR air filter, SW-Motec valve cover guards.

3. Favorite part is the torque of the boxer is phenomenal (I’ve always owned V-twin ducatis, and currently a ‘17 Tuono Factory) least favorite is I can’t get off the seat far enough to get rid off the fears of scraping the cylinder heads 😅

·
Registered
R9teees
341 Posts
I’ll throw my hat in.
2018 UGS.
just a few mods “less is more “ sometimes.
Sargent seat
White sheep skin
Pivot Pegz
Wolfman tail bag
BMW soft bags
Valve cover guards form old GSA
A touch of bar risers
Ohlins rear
Ohlins cartridges in forks
Ohlins steering stabilizer

This is my main commuter bike from the sea to the mountains of Virginia and tri state trips. Sprinkle in some BRP and surrounding roads now and then.
Lately my favorite rides have been revisiting fishing spots on the various creeks and rivers in our area. This pic is in the back yard. By far the shortest ride.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2015 BMW R Nine T “Classic” // 2017 BMW R1200 GSA // 1991 SUZUKI DR650 RS
46 Posts
The bike is pretty much stock, aside the SW Motech crash bar, RAM phone mount and some clear wrap on the fuel tank, instrument cluster and front fender. Before applying the wrap, the paint received a mild polish and now the bike is shiny all the time and the dust doesn’t settle on it as much. But the favorite thing is how it sounds with the silencers taken out (inheritance from previous owner).

·
Registered
450 Posts
Doubt i'll win with a bike like R9TVR46's but might aswell ;)..

R nine T urban G/S 2018.

Mods:
Ac schnitzer Exhaust
Barracuda Tail tidy
Wilbers rear shock
Sw motech protection bits (bellypan, crashbars, engineguards)
Sw motech tankstrap/bag and side bag
Wunderlich bar risers
Wunderlich handguards
BMW headlight guard
Denali DM lights with yellow filter and yellow headlight
Highsider Conero mirrors
Boosterplug

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Urban GS
37 Posts
Here's my go at it...
Barkbusters, Motech engine guards, skid plate, Rox bar riser, Givi shield, RAM electronics mounts, Hella Drive lights, Kamwell Aux Brake light, Custom CANBUS HMI for accessories, BT Live Sys Diagnostics.
All maintenance done by me with BMW approved products.
She sees dirt and trees regularly playing with my kids in the woods so don't mind the nicks and scratches - lol.
But she's just as fun on bi-weekly club runs as well - and yes, even those knobbies get worn to the edges in the turns :p.
Could use a H4 LED too.

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT (Classic)
280 Posts
If i am correct i am the 8th in line of submissions.

R NineT Roadster 2020.

BMW Frontdeckel Machined By Roland Sands Design
BMW Oil Cap Machined By Roland Sands Design
BMW Cylinder Head Covers Machined Roland Sands Design
BMW Cover Panel Rear Axle Machined By Roland Sands Design
BMW Billet Swingarm Pivot Cover Set Machined Roland Sands Design
BMW Headlight Cover Machined By Roland Sands Design
BMW Set Covering Elements Aluminium
HJR Bar Ends Mirrors
Wunderlich »DAYTONA« cockpit fairing Blackstorm Metallic - pin striped
Wunderlich "WunderBob" rear fender (modified)
AC Schnitzer Belly Pan Engine - pin striped
Barracuda Tail tidy
OEM tank pin striped
OEM Rear Hump Vinyl Wrapped and pin striped

Favourite aspect of the bike is the bold design, full of character and attitude.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Here's my 2014 Classic with the following modifikations:

clip ons „Touring“ by ABM
rearsets by LSL
bar end mirros „Montana 2“ by Highsider
bar end indicators „m-blaze disc“ by Motogadget
clutch & brake levers „short“ by Puig
fast throttle by Schwabenmax
digital instrument „motoscope pro“ by Motogadget
original manifold ceramic coated by Classic-Bike Raisch
titanium link pipe high by Akrapovic
„GP07“ exhaust by HPCorse
sidebag by Wunderlich
vinyl seat cover & grips „cognac“ by local upholstery
self made camera mount for GoPro
self made phone mount for Quad Lock
oil-cooler-guard by „Kilian Boxer“
self made gas tank emblems
license plate holder by Wunderlich
rear- and brakelight with indicators by Kellermann
wrapping by „CSI:LA Perfection“
cylinder head covers powder coated by „skin-tec"

What I like most about this motorcycle is that there is no electronic assistance - just pure riding :)

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Sky

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
31 Posts

Just changed the tire from knobby to semi-knobby :p here are some minor mods, and so many more to come:

– Replaced mirrors (Rizoma SpyArm)
– Added small windscreen (Dart Classic Flyscreen - Light Smoke)
– Replaced the headlight (J.W. Speaker Adaptive LED)
– Added some miles (=

Favorite thing about it is how well these handle despite the weight. I'm excited to upgrade the suspension next. It's snappy, reliable, and this is my one and only vehicle!

Never ever selling.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
547 Posts
I’ll follow in 2nd.

2. Mods list: Ohlisn FGR218, RCS19 CortaCorsa with CoreMoto brake lines, S1000RR calipers, ebay special X-pattern LED headlight, Apex 3” adjustable clip-ons, JC.9T custome aluminum headlight/belly/intake covers, Lithium battery, RapidbikeEvo2, full Akrapovic with both high/low mount setup, K&H single seat and Vietnam’s Tum leather 2 piece tricolore setup (in the last picture), AC Schnitzer’s wheels with matte anodize and runs 190 rear, Daelus rear light, Driven rearsets (soon will swap out to a different brand due to pegs shape not suited for my riding style at the tracks, added my own rally tricolore stripes, taken off for track are the Rizoma bar end mirrors, currently working on redoing the Aruba wsbk Akrapovic exhaust to my final likings, oil cooler guard, MWR air filter, SW-Motec valve cover guards.

3. Favorite part is the torque of the boxer is phenomenal (I’ve always owned V-twin ducatis, and currently a ‘17 Tuono Factory) least favorite is I can’t get off the seat far enough to get rid off the fears of scraping the cylinder heads 😅

View attachment 144764
View attachment 144766 View attachment 144765
Bravo, @R9TVR46 ! When will you be out at CoTA next? I’m in ATX as well, would love to have a double photo shoot one day!
There will be a ride in the hill country some time in September, hope you’ll join us!

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
166 Posts
Ya know, with all these very pretty bikes I just thought I'd throw a little dirt into the ring here with the Bean. I have watched Error F. and Norbi, and marveled at how nice those rides look. I see my friends L. with his Ingrid and J.883, Mix. and M. who are part of the wait forever club and just love them all, however, WHERE'S the dirt.....

Mods: Fly screen, tach, crashers, skid plate, Baja Design lights, rack, Hepco & Becker baby trunk, and some other stuff, (not done yet...).

So that said here is my dirty girl, Bean.....

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle
Coming and going....

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire
Tire Plant Wheel Plant community Vehicle
Packed and ready...

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Water
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank
Here and there....

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
547 Posts
Ya know, with all these very pretty bikes I just thought I'd throw a little dirt into the ring here with the Bean. I have watched Error F. and Norbi, and marveled at how nice those rides look. I see my friends L. with his Ingrid and J.883, Mix. and M. who are part of the wait forever club and just love them all, however, WHERE'S the dirt.....

Mods: Fly screen, tach, crashers, skid plate, Baja Design lights, rack, Hepco & Becker baby trunk, and some other stuff, (not done yet...).

So that said here is my dirty girl, Bean.....

View attachment 145636 View attachment 145637 Coming and going....

View attachment 145638 View attachment 145639 Packed and ready...

View attachment 145640 View attachment 145641 Here and there....
@The Bean There’s nothing ever wrong with knobby tires😉 - love them myself, esp. when they’re put to use!
By the way: these new Conti TKC 70 Rocks are fantastic! Very capable on and off road.

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
166 Posts
@The Bean There’s nothing ever wrong with knobby tires😉 - love them myself, esp. when they’re put to use!
By the way: these new Conti TKC 70 Rocks are fantastic! Very capable on and off road.

View attachment 145643
Hey Norbi, what great timing, I was just talking about my next set of rubbers to one of our brothers on the forum. I have heard very good things about these tires and am looking forward to throwing a set on Bean.

My stockers are not a bad tire, they are just not inspiring when pressed, that said, I have been throwing some wicked stuff at them both on and off road and they are doing just fine so no real big complaints from my corner....or corners...:LOL:

Cheers, Bean

·
Administrator
12,699 Posts
Errrr you folks are aware that this is now August so you are posting in a competition that has ended for July.... ;)

Closing this thread for new replies. I'm sure @ninetadmin will be along shortly to award the prize and start up this month's competition.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.