BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the June Bike of the Month Competition!

Congrats to our May winner @Gabbydad

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
78 Posts

My 2018 Racer

Mods (so far):
- Rhino Moto bar ends paired with Motogadget M.View mirrors
- BMW cylinder head protectors and knee pads
- Evotech Rad guard
- Lamin-X yellow tint
- BMW Contra-cut reservoir, swingarm, and FD covers
- Daedalus tail tidy w/ Rizoma club signals
- Motogadget Blaze pin signals (front)
- UN1T Garage Exhaust, tank belt, and seat cover
- LSL Ergonia levers
- Black satin wrap on the intake snorkel

If this list doesn't give it away, my absolute favorite thing about this bike is the way it looks. BMW nailed the look on these - aggressive, but timeless. I think it is a perfect blend of modern and classic, and I've tried to keep the mods that way, too. I could go on about all the things I love about this bike, but you all know how fun they are, so I'll stick to the aesthetics which set the Racer apart from the others in the line up.

Quick story to wrap up my submission;
I was in the market for a new bike at the time - it was always my goal to buy my first new bike after graduating college. Marriage, homebuying, and life in general delayed this for a while, but when I was ready (and had the blessing of my wife!) I had a long list of candidates. In my typical engineering fashion, I had compiled an excel file of all the stats, pros and cons of each bike I was considering. The Racer was not on this list.
I had seen Racers at motorcycle shows and at the dealer, and must've been visibly drooling each time, because it was my wife who ended up sending me a link to the local dealership. They had just gotten a Racer in, spoke wheels and everything. "You should get this" is all she needed to say!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
My 2019

Mods:
BMW HP carbon front fender
BMW HP carbon breast plate
BMW HP carbon ignition guard
BMW HP carbon lower valve cover wire fairings
BMW HP carbon left tank trim
BMW HP carbon valve covers
BMW HP machined oil cap
BMW HP CNC rear sets
Halo clip-ons
Magura HC3 master cylinders
RapidBike EVO
RapidBike MyTuningBike
JCR9T Titanium intake and air box delete
JCR9T snorkel delete
Akrapovic titanium header
Wunderlich flapper delete pipe
Custom titanium exhaust
DK Design bellypan
Daedalus tail tidy
Custom Rizoma license plate relocation
Rizoma club front turn signals
Rizoma Reverse retro mirrors
AC Schnitzer S10 wheels
Ohlins rear shock

I love how customizable this bike is. I also can say without a doubt this is the most fun bike I’ve ever owned.

·
Administrator
13,058 Posts
@ninetadmin you've started the July BOTM competition but haven't named a winner here. Looks like it's @NateE with 8 likes at the time of tis post and no likes added after the end of June.

·
Administrator
13,058 Posts
Fair play, I didn't notice this, however probably this thread should have been closed to draw a line under the previous month's competition. I'll do this now, thanks for your help @Ian_H :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.