BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my research on finding the right exhaust for my vintage-cafe racer style R9T the K-speed Diablo in full black is one of my favourites.
Is there anyone active on this forum with this exhaust and willing to share some information about the pros and cons?
At the moment I have the high mounted Akrapovic....perfect sound and high quality but doesn’t fit in the cafe racer/old school style that I have in mind so searching for a “underneath look”.
The G & G is a possibility as well...but the looks of the K-speed do beat the G&G...of course this is my own opinion ?
Looking forward to some advise/recommendations.

·
Administrator
12,415 Posts
Go for it! I think it looks great! :)

Can't seem to remember anyone with this exact model of exhaust.... Someone did go for similar setup but can't remember who! (OOOPS!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
During my research on finding the right exhaust for my vintage-cafe racer style R9T the K-speed Diablo in full black is one of my favourites.
Is there anyone active on this forum with this exhaust and willing to share some information about the pros and cons?
At the moment I have the high mounted Akrapovic....perfect sound and high quality but doesn’t fit in the cafe racer/old school style that I have in mind so searching for a “underneath look”.
The G & G is a possibility as well...but the looks of the K-speed do beat the G&G...of course this is my own opinion ?
Looking forward to some advise/recommendations. View attachment 127062

found them

In Black
http://www.k-speed.net/product/2020343/diablo-exhaust-full-system-for-bmw-r9t-/-ฺblack-color.html
£770 + import
In silver
http://www.k-speed.net/product/2020341/diablo-exhaust-full-system-for-bmw-r9t-/stainless.html
£640 + import

not so bad in price

Video link

·
Registered
576 Posts
Like it!
Suits the character of the bike.
Not having the EXUP, would mean needing that gizmo that prevents the "check engine" light and am pretty sure that the ECU will need re-mapping.
Worth the expense and trouble!

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm thinking of getting this. Just need some more research. I.e. could I have something custom made that's the same for cost. Or get this one.

I'm not sure about this but apparently ecu's after 2015 are self learning for modification.

So you are ment to install the exhaust or air filter then when ready start the bike up but do nothing no revving. Just leave it for 10 minutes to climatise.

Think it was this video on YouTube talks about it. Different bike but it's a ECU where talking about.

Royal Enfield interceptor 650 dont fit a DNA
Performance air filter until you have watched this!

Not sure about this. I would always get it remapped. Might try it for a test.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I want something like this but I want to have the end cans kick out each side at a 45 + and I want to make a custom belly pan.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Wow, that’s beautiful. Hey Captain notice there’s no crossover pipe. That looks so much different, balanced and the sound is perfect. Go for it and post lots of Picts .... and $$$
I’m right behind you with a very similar custom mod. Twin pipes, no two into one. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,590 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I’ll go back and look again. I missed it for sure.
Damn, you are hawk eye too Captain. I saw it after a second look. Might even be two. One at the headers and one hidden by the skid pan. If I mess with mine I’m going to leave the crossover and clip the pipes just before they start to bend for the two into one and go with slightly oversized straight pipes way back. This is what I’m picturing for next winters project when I bob her. I can’t get this bobber thing off my mind ... this one below, it’s amazing.

I know I can’t take mine to this degree, hard tail and all but I’ll push it as far as I can .....

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Would love to ride that things around the block. Preferrably with no one watching, because I'll surely make a fool of myself, with them big tires, rider triangle and such...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Would love to ride that things around the block. Preferrably with no one watching, because I'll surely make a fool of myself, with them big tires, rider triangle and such...
Yes Parkblu, I too would love to ride that machine. I found the photo on the internet and hope to “Bob” my 9T to look as close to that “cool” someday. The fat tires would help the ride a little with a hard-tail rear end... it’s no racer, no trail, no adventure, no cafe ...It’s a “Cruzen Bobber” even at 50 MPH, which is a fast as you’ll probably ever want to go...
The things you can do to a boxer are endless and beautiful too in all iterations and forms, and check out those exhaust pipes ...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ve received the exhaust about a month ago....just moved to a new home, been overseas couple of times work related issues...looks like I’m starting my complete rebuild of my R9T somewhere in February. So basically long story short no further information besides the fact that the exhaust looks very high quality, welding job is a piece of art! Price is ok and the company didn’t mind to make a deal to lower the custom fee?
I’m quite sure it needs some Ecu remapping but that is easily sorted.
@R9TNLD Did you end up getting this exhaust? How did the buying process go? Did you need to get the ECU re-mapped or any other modifications to make it work?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
R9TNLD I am jealous. Beautiful man. Check it out Captain. You were right, there’s that damn crossover I completely missed. They are really beautiful R9TNLD, Your bike is going to sound great. When you get them on make a vid and post it. OK ..make me sad and tell me what they cost. Are they brand name, Chinese or did you have them custom built.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love the black finnish!

Could you give some info on price? Did you call up and buy or was it there website? Import price for EU?

I have been drooling over them for a month now!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Love the black finnish!

Could you give some info on price? Did you call up and buy or was it there website? Import price for EU?

I have been drooling over them for a month now!
No problem at all?

Complete was around 890€
Shipping 110€
import after some tricks 130€

total for the exhaust 1140€

(I had the pegs added)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I’m starting my complete rebuild of my R9T somewhere in February. So basically long story short no further information besides the fact that the exhaust looks very high quality, welding job is a piece of art!
I’m quite sure it needs some Ecu remapping but that is easily sorted.
Please post an update (and video/audio) when you get this finished, I'm considering the same system and would really like to know how it goes.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts