BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
R9TNLD That’s a beautiful custom you have done!
Got a 9T racer & I am interested on the same exhaust as you, and really close to but it on k-speed I think it will fit perfectly on my Black Queen Racer.
Wondering if a DB killer is possible to install on that mufflers in order to drastically reduce the sound because I know in Thailand the exhaust are really loud. Did they send you a DB killer adaptable to that exhaust or did you buy it online?
I have earring problems & very sensitive 😩
That’s why..
Apparently is a high quality exhaust you said previously on a post, I hope the black colour will stay for a long time.
0BCEDFB7-1E27-4155-8AD2-BE4F0EF20B9C.png
348DB48D-B098-4677-9BF5-13DE471DBB00.png
7A7A8830-07C3-447C-B58A-50DEDE53AEEB.jpeg
D390419E-A6B3-4034-B807-9E166BF8027B.jpeg
A41AAD67-A9AF-4E73-BA1E-253672037EC7.jpeg
DF6319B5-DDD8-432D-BA5C-68D67087D965.jpeg
4104580D-CB1C-4D82-87B2-55288F12AF8D.jpeg
Just wanted your feedback about it.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Ron, welcome again and I had the same thoughts about the looks of the K-speed exhaust especially when cafe-racing style is your thing😊
First things first...about the sound it is producing.....it is a lot😅🙈
Believe me...I have a voxan black magic with 2 supertrapp mufflers...that’s a loud one...but absolutely nothing compared to this. Please re-consider if you are buying this exhaust to have the dB-killer....the sound without is massive but on the motorway after half an hour it gets a bit too much.

but of course this is all based on my own experience.
The black box is indeed the exhaust flapper, collector or however it is called...no room for it on the k-speed exhaust.
There you go😊

about any ECU ...none of them popped up in the display so I’m not really concerned so hands down again for K-speed.

last item, flat belly pan...I bought mine in Germany via eBay....loved the combination of the robust black metal with the stunning exhaustive...took some time to fit it properly. ( companies made the skid plate with the stock exhaust in mind...the K-speed is slightly lower. Anyway that makes you love the result even more.
By the way there is a lovely skid plate on Etsy dot com has some cool Bmw details.
Anyway I hope this is useful information for now😊
Back to my gin and tonic watching Barbarians VS England 2019
Hello R9TNLD
Did you end up installing the el Diablo (with/without dB killer)? Does the dB killer comes with the exhaust? Do you have any video? Are you happy with it? The link to K-Speed doesn't work any more....
Thanks for your replies

Could you please let me know where you got the dB killer you are using on this exhaust and how complicated it was to install it?
Thanks for your reply.
Safe ride...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hello R9TNLD
Did you end up installing the el Diablo (with/without dB killer)? Does the dB killer comes with the exhaust? Do you have any video? Are you happy with it? The link to K-Speed doesn't work any more....
Thanks for your replies

Could you please let me know where you got the dB killer you are using on this exhaust and how complicated it was to install it?
Thanks for your reply.
Safe ride...
Missed this message 🙈 I ordered the dB-killer afterwards..they have it but for some strange reason they only sent the exhaust with the DB killer if you ask for it...

·
Registered
69 Posts
so you removed the airbox and created some kind of underseat filter instead? you fabricated all that?? really cool set up...i really wish i was this mechanically inclined. that is such a cool set up. i have been looking at the DNA 3rd stage all this time and hadnt even imagined what you put together.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thanks @R9TNLD ...gorgeous. did you have to do anything to the electronics to avoid any errors or was it plug and play?
No errors in my display after the installation of the K-speed..but my bike is running on a motogadget so not sure about the stock tacho..I guess no faults but I can’t guarantee because I removed the stock one..☺

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
R9TNLD That’s a beautiful custom you have done!
Got a 9T racer & I am interested on the same exhaust as you, and really close to but it on k-speed I think it will fit perfectly on my Black Queen Racer.
Wondering if a DB killer is possible to install on that mufflers in order to drastically reduce the sound because I know in Thailand the exhaust are really loud. Did they send you a DB killer adaptable to that exhaust or did you buy it online?
I have earring problems & very sensitive 😩
That’s why..
Apparently is a high quality exhaust you said previously on a post, I hope the black colour will stay for a long time.
View attachment 135649 View attachment 135650 View attachment 135651 View attachment 135652 View attachment 135653 View attachment 135654 View attachment 135655 Just wanted your feedback about it.
Thanks a lot.
R9TNLD ... Your proportioning and balance with this bike, you color choices and subtitle changes are spot on mate. The machine is awesome and stunning. Be very proud, that’s kick-a*s !
If you drove by me I’d be fixated and staring the whole time my friend .... well done. .....Blitz

·
Registered
2017 r9t classic
9 Posts
Hi All,

I'm a considering purchasing the diablo. Initially I was looking to get the AC Schnitzer belly pan and make do with my current exhaust set-up, but then I stumbled across the Diablo exhaust and I am in love! However, I would still like some form of substantial belly pan (solely for aesthetics) and I don't think the AC belly pan would fit? I saw this picture on K-SPEEDs Instagram....

Have any of you got this set up or seen anything like this i.e. belly pan and Diablo exhaust? It looks similar to the AC belly pan but I think K-SPEED actually made this one.

Cheers All

41 - 60 of 93 Posts