BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
837 Posts
I think BMW parts are extremly expensive also, that genuine rear tail and front windscreen in the brushed aluminum? the leather side saddlebag/pannier, also the tank bag set-up. I think I'm doing it correct with genuine accessories as far as resale may be concerned. they are all desirable upgrades and completly reversable. I like the looks of the airbox delete but would never cut it out. I would disassemble to remove

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered my new UGS about a month ago now, and just received my first
Accessory today, after reading some reports on here I ordered an evotech tail tidy as the original looks terrible.
Just need a bike to fit it to.
I hear you. I ordered a '22 UGS a couple of weeks ago. I've got a whole spread sheet of accessories I am considering, but I am trying hard to wait until it gets here before I start buying things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like most of us I've customized or personalized the motorcycles that I have owned. Strangely with the exception of adding engine guards I have no desire to change my R Nine T. I just like it as stock.

Just curious is there other folks who feel the same way?
I’ve done the exact same as you. Engine protection, but nothing else. 2014 is good enough as is.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My philosophy with my 2019 RnineT is to keep the look as original as possible, but add on part (preferable from BMW) to make it practical. The only really change is the replacement of the diving board with a more neat tail from Evotech and bar end mirrors from Puig. I have added some practical parts as a hugger from Puig, classic side bags from BMW (SW-Motech) and center stand from Wunderlich. No further planned modification.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
50 Posts
I announced “no further planned modification” one week ago, but I was not able to resist the nice (and practical) crash bars from my SW-motech - looks good on..

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2019 Urban GS
19 Posts
'19 UGS, will keep it fairly stock, just a few practical improvements. Canister / Flapper delete, X-Head engine covers, hand guards and that about it. I ride in all weathers so a tail tidy is out of the question.

·
Registered
100 Posts
'19 UGS, will keep it fairly stock, just a few practical improvements. Canister / Flapper delete, X-Head engine covers, hand guards and that about it. I ride in all weathers so a tail tidy is out of the question.
I also ride in all weather and occasionally off-road. Honestly the stock rear fender is so useless in the wet you may as well not have one at all. I switched to the Wunderlich enduro rear fender and it’s pretty much the same as stock in terms of how much water or dirt is thrown onto my back.

·
Registered
2021 BMW R9T Pure
32 Posts
I think BMW parts are extremly expensive also, that genuine rear tail and front windscreen in the brushed aluminum? the leather side saddlebag/pannier, also the tank bag set-up. I think I'm doing it correct with genuine accessories as far as resale may be concerned. they are all desirable upgrades and completly reversable. I like the looks of the airbox delete but would never cut it out. I would disassemble to remove
When you trade in any bike - all customizations and upgrades are valued at zero dollars.

·
Registered
The fleet...F800gt 9T ‘classic’ Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
117 Posts
When you trade in any bike - all customizations and upgrades are valued at zero dollars.
Very true. I’ve just bought mine recently with bling on it from the previous owner and I won’t pay a penny extra for what someone fitted. It’s all coming off as it was free!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very true. I’ve just bought mine recently with bling on it from the previous owner and I won’t pay a penny extra for what someone fitted. It’s all coming off as it was free!
I agree. But apparently not everyone. MCN writes "The Beemer represents good value, though: the boxer has perhaps the highest sense of quality, residual values are solid, and it’s one of the few bikes where any accessories boost value." Sure I would pay for Öhlins suspension but not for much else.

·
Registered
The fleet...F800gt 9T ‘classic’ Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
117 Posts
@Niklas Biller would they be talking about the usual GS models? If so then luggage, screens sat nav mounts and lights is the normal

·
Registered
117 Posts
Interesting…..

·
Registered
2014 BMW R Nine T classic
71 Posts
Considering the bike was literally designed to be customized, I say you go nuts personalizing this bike.

Most bikes, especially BMW, do not customize well, but this one is a blank canvass for a plethora of OEM and aftermarket bolt ons, and it’s style is perfect for creating a modern retro-looking bike with whatever out-there direction you want to go.

If you don’t customize, you might as well get another model that’s better for your riding needs (aggressive riding, utilitarian, adventure, long-distance, commuting, ect.), because this bike only does one thing extremely well and that’s customizing.

If you didn’t customize, it would be like buying a Jeep Wrangler entirely for commuting to work.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes that’s quite a good statement.
The only thing I dislike is the ‘chandelier’ brigade where any ‘tat’ goes no matter how shocking it looks.

·
Registered
2015 Classic
77 Posts
So I’ve owned quite a few bikes in my 30+ years of riding and have - by far - spent more time time and money modifying the 9T than any other. In part, that’s been because IMO (and many others on the forum) some components do not perform to a sufficient standard - front and rear suspension, standard seat 😱.( I have 2015 classic, newer models may have improved). But it’s also because the bike is a keeper, and little things help personalise it and make it ‘yours’. So I’ve unashamedly extended my investment to aesthetics like the seat hump, fancy bike LED tail light, Rizoma levers etc. And I’m rewarded every time I open the garage.
Anyway, it’s a great bike, enjoy it any way you want!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts