BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use or have experience with any of these?

Draggin Holeshots
Dainese D1
Hood jeans
Alpinestars
Uglybros

·
Registered
128 Posts
I tired a couple for fit and have a hard time with Kevlar motorcycle jeans, if the fit in the waist it might as well be painted on my legs and if it fits in the legs then large enough in the waist to hold a whale.

Ended up sending two pair of jeans via Ruste Protection. Should get them back end of this week beginning of the following.

Quality wise from your list they are all real good. Had a pair from Tabacco and their quality was exceptional just couldn't get a pair that fit right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I like Draggin' Jeans. The factory isn't too far away so I can ride/drive up and get a good fit.

I also have Vanson leather jeans (and a jacket). I prefer leather to Kevlar/denim jeans.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dainese, lots of different fits. I found one I like, good quality not issues
Draggin, decent quality. A little thicker than the Dainese, but I don't like the fit of the pair I have compared to Dainese.
I also sent a pair to Ruste, good quality, faster than you think, the perfect fit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a pair of Hood jeans - in fact I am wearing them today in the office. Decent quality and you can specify the leg length as well when you order.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I Tried Dainese D1 - couldn't get a good fit. I ride with Revit pants - they have a new "Seattle fit" - they fit dead on all around except the waist needs to be ordered one size down. Excellent quality

·
Registered
442 Posts
To me "motorcycle jeans" is one of those things that sound great in concept but suck in the real world. I have tried several different pairs and hated them all. I don't understand why normal jeans can be purchased that fit fine but riding jeans can't. Additionally, I find them all to be too warm with no way to vent them and uncomfortably heavy when walking around.

I recently looked at the Revit ad on Revzilla and the pictures of the jeans are as bad looking on the "model" as they always seem to be on me. IOW, I can't imagine anyone looking at the pics and saying, "wow, those look good, I gotta have 'em!" They look like they were made by a tent maker as opposed to a clothing maker.

My Dainese riding pants fit well and are far more useful than jeans for that purpose. They look better fit-wise, have useful pockets, have vents and armor and are lighter. True, you can't get off the bike and look like you weren't on a motorcycle so if that's the most important reason to have riding jeans, I guess there is no option…except just wearing real jeans, (as we all used to do all the time)! I admit I still like the IDEA of riding jeans but so far, it seems to be an unworkable concept for the current manufacturers.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I like my Draggin Jeans. Their regular cut fits my um.....thick body just fine. I wear a pair of Bohn tights (with armor) under the jeans. The jeans have washed up to be nice and soft, but retaining the Kevlar of course. I have a pair of Revit riding pants, that are great too, but there are very few legitimate riding pants that are cut for us short guys.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone use or have experience with any of these?

Draggin Holeshots
Dainese D1
Hood jeans
Alpinestars
Uglybros

Hi there

Can't comment on any of those listed above, but can comment on Rokker Jeans which are excellent. You honestly wouldn't know they were for the motorcycle. I wear ones without knee and hip protection - only kevlar lined - but there are models out there for these.

Here's their website: THE ROKKER COMPANY 2015 | JEANS FOR FOR REAL BIKERS

·
Registered
71 Posts
Drayko Drifts. Very comfortable fit, straight leg. More cruiser than NineT style. I went down in these at 25 and slid about 15'. They do not have a single mark on them.

Dainese Bonneville Slim. They are modern cut, bordering on slim. I wouldn't consider them even close to skinny jeans. The knee armor is invisible when they're on, but still CE rated. Pretty nice pair of jeans. The waistband is fairly abrasive, wouldn't recommend without a tucked shirt. Lips on the top of the back pockets and reflective material on the pockets and in the cuffs is a nice touch.

For reference, I'm 5'9" 160. Normally wear 32X30.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I like my Draggin' jeans. These are heavy jeans that look like street clothing when you're off the bike, which is what I wanted.

For me the fit around the waist was close to regular Levi's (best to go a size up) but length was way too long. The fit in the hips and legs is very large. I had them hemmed for $7 at the local dry cleaners.

They are lined in Kevlar, which is rough and may bother some people (although I got used to it quickly). I like them. I like the protection they offer but mainly use them for longer rides. Seems like they would hold up well in a skid. Pic below is with Draggin jeans and a Kevlar, armored hoodie.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Another vote for draggin. I only wish I'd gotten the waterproof version I was thinking that the non-waterproof would breathe better but after getting wet a couple times takes along time to dry out.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I like my Draggin' jeans. These are heavy jeans that look like street clothing when you're off the bike, which is what I wanted.

For me the fit around the waist was close to regular Levi's (best to go a size up) but length was way too long. The fit in the hips and legs is very large. I had them hemmed for $7 at the local dry cleaners.

They are lined in Kevlar, which is rough and may bother some people (although I got used to it quickly). I like them. I like the protection they offer but mainly use them for longer rides. Seems like they would hold up well in a skid. Pic below is with Draggin jeans and a Kevlar, armored hoodie.
Just a tip, if you want full, properly placed protection under your Draggin jeans, consider Bohn armored tights. I got the "net" type tights, to be cooler in summer. Thing is, although they are fine in the summer, they do provide some insulation in the winter. I've mentioned them several times here in the forum, and wear them under Draggin Jeans, and also some Kevlar cargo pants I have. BTW, the Kevlar and Denim does soften up quite a bit after several washings.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Just a tip, if you want full, properly placed protection under your Draggin jeans, consider Bohn armored tights. I got the "net" type tights, to be cooler in summer. Thing is, although they are fine in the summer, they do provide some insulation in the winter. I've mentioned them several times here in the forum, and wear them under Draggin Jeans, and also some Kevlar cargo pants I have. BTW, the Kevlar and Denim does soften up quite a bit after several washings.

Good info, just put their site in my "favorites" and will look it over. I like the fact that I can wear their stuff under clothes.

http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog/?gclid=CM2kjNyAnckCFUUdgQodJdMLHw

·
Registered
624 Posts
They definitely soften up but I don't think you're supposed to wash them conventionally.

I put them in the freezer:eek:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts