BMW NineT Forum banner

261 - 280 of 304 Posts

·
Administrator
11,224 Posts
How much handling improvement is there?
Can you give like a % number?
Is there any benefits other than handling?
Handling improvements are always subjective, and a percentage value is difficult to give. My idea of a big improvement might be different from yours. Riding style will also come into the equation as well. I'd say the bike is very noticeably more flickable at speed and the steering feels lighter.

Other benefits? Well they are tubeless so that's a big plus compared to the stock tubed wheels on my bike. They also look brilliant! ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey BaldyDave, is there a picture on here of what your bike looks like with the Kineo wheels? What color scheme did you go with?

Best,
-Tim

·
Administrator
11,224 Posts
Hey BaldyDave, is there a picture on here of what your bike looks like with the Kineo wheels? What color scheme did you go with?

Best,
-Tim
Yeah if you look back in this thread to post #201 you’ll see my bike.

But here’s a photo for quickness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
The tubeless Kineo wheels are noticeably lighter than the stock wheels with tubes, so they have less rotational mass.

The rims, spokes, hubs and spoke ends all come in multiple colors or finishes, which you can mix to match your bike. I chose gloss black rims and spokes and gold hubs and spoke ends for my wheels.

BA96E590-35D0-4DA4-87B1-7B9700B2EECB.jpeg 17A14FE4-BDF0-429D-BE82-461E45E71788.jpeg

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
The tubeless Kineo wheels are noticeably lighter than the stock wheels with tubes, so they have less rotational mass.

The rims, spokes, hubs and spoke ends all come in multiple colors or finishes, which you can mix to match your bike. I chose gloss black rims and spokes and gold hubs and spoke ends for my wheels.

View attachment 125320 View attachment 125321
That looks good.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
983 Posts

Bob, where did you get these wheels? I can't seem to find a place in the US that has them, and also offers the various color options.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts

View attachment 125320 View attachment 125321
These are gorgeous!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bob, where did you get these wheels? I can't seem to find a place in the US that has them, and also offers the various color options.
You can get them here in the States from Brocks Performance:

Brocks Performance

But no one has them "in stock", they are each "made to order". When you order a set, you have the options of what color rims, hubs, spokes and nipples.

Best,
-Tim

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
983 Posts
You can get them here in the States from Brocks Performance:

Brocks Performance

But no one has them "in stock", they are each "made to order". When you order a set, you have the options of what color rims, hubs, spokes and nipples.

Best,
-Tim

Thank you. I saw that they didn't have anything in stock, so I went away. But they're a pricey item with so many possible color combos that it would be impossible to stock these - makes sense.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I ordered my wheels through Brock’s Performance in Ohio. They were great to deal with, and the wheels arrived about six weeks after the order was placed.

The Brock’s Performance website does not show the color options; but you can see what is available on one of the European Kineo distributor sites and tell Brock’s exactly what you want. Kineo also has a Facebook page where you can see a wide range of customer bikes.

Here is a picture of my buddy Tim’s bike with polished rims and hubs and black spokes and spoke ends.

D5A27FB2-C48A-4C07-A786-914AABF77E04.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
983 Posts
I ordered my wheels through Brock’s Performance in Ohio. They were great to deal with, and the wheels arrived about six weeks after the order was placed.

The Brock’s Performance website does not show the color options; but you can see what is available on one of the European Kineo distributor sites and tell Brock’s exactly what you want. Kineo also has a Facebook page where you can see a wide range of customer bikes.

Here is a picture of my buddy Tim’s bike with polished rims and hubs and black spokes and spoke ends.

View attachment 125334

Thanks for your response.

Definitely appears to be an upgrade worth the money, but I wanted to make sure the color options, that I did see on the European websites were available to us in the states.

Also good to see that the consensus is for Brock's Performance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Finally got my Kineo wheels and they are on. I was unsure about the color scheme that I went for but now think it works well.

The change in the ride quality is pretty amazing - I honestly didn’t expect it. The bike is more stable at speed, I feel more in control and it’s also much more flickable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wheels finally turned up! Although have run into a but of a hiccup.
On the rear it looks like they may have supplied the wrong size spacer. It looks to be about 2-3mm smaller than the OEM item. As a result, the bolts fowl on the ABS sensor.

Reading through this thread I see others had issues with the front, but I'm talking about the rear here.
Both the factory bolts and the ones Kineo sent are exactly the same length.
I could simply grind down 2-3mm off the bolts, but the wheel would then sit 2-3mm off center (to the swingarm side.

Anyone else experience this?

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wheels finally turned up! Although have run into a but of a hiccup.
On the rear it looks like they may have supplied the wrong size spacer. It looks to be about 2-3mm smaller than the OEM item. As a result, the bolts fowl on the ABS sensor.

Reading through this thread I see others had issues with the front, but I'm talking about the rear here.
Both the factory bolts and the ones Kineo sent are exactly the same length.
I could simply grind down 2-3mm off the bolts, but the wheel would then sit 2-3mm off center (to the swingarm side.

Anyone else experience this?
Please keep us posted. I was just about to order a set of Kineos, after agonizing over a set of BST’s. Did you get these from Brock in the USA? Did you get the 5.5” or 6” rear?

261 - 280 of 304 Posts