BMW NineT Forum banner

301 - 320 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
If mine - identical to these from Tom Tom - arrive in nine weeks I'll be thrilled - and surprised. That would take delivery very close to my (81st) birthday - happy birthday me! :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
HEADS-UP!! My lovely and pretty smart wife suggested to me that the insured value of my R9T should be increased once these Unaffordium wheels are installed. Great advice which I shall definitely follow!

Reactions: nervous

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
24AF5FB4-9C7B-401E-A5AA-3980249C219E.jpeg I’m away from home, but Max BMW brought my bike to my garage and my wife snapped some pix. Can’t wait to ride it with the new shoes.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,951 Posts
View attachment 134424 I’m away from home, but Max BMW brought my bike to my garage and my wife snapped some pix. Can’t wait to ride it with the new shoes.
Wow, they're beautiful wheels. Did you have Max mount new rubber and install the wheels on the bike for you?

I do appreciate their van pick-up and drop-off.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes, the old Metzeler Z8 tires only had 3500 Miles on them, but the rear was already getting squared off from hard acceleration, and I wasn’t happy that they were “M” spec tires, with the extra belts in the sidewalls for heavier bikes. 100% of my use with this bike is solo with no luggage on 2-lane roads in New England, where the pavement quality is poor. I didn’t need extra-stiff sidewalls, and I’m hoping to see a ride improvement as well as lighter weight by using standard tires. I chose Michelin Road 5 tires, but not the “GT” spec for heavy bikes, which is what I run on my R1200RT. Good overall tire with decent wear characteristics.

Max in Troy NY did the swap, and pickup/delivery while I’m out on a trip (airline pilot.) They do a great job, and the van service minimizes the bike’s downtime during our precious Vermont riding season, which runs less than six months salt-to-salt.

There is one dealer in Vermont, about an hour away near Burlington, but he’s screwed me over so many times in the past dozen years that I gave up on him and now gladly use Max, which is nearly three hours away. I bought this bike there and have nothing but praise for them all.

Best, Tom

Reactions: Dauphinais

·
Registered
172 Posts
Reactions: BaldyDave

·
Registered
746 Posts
Very nice, Tom - I cannot wait to get mine, same as yours (but I guess I will have to!). They sure do give a distinct visual 'lift' to the bike. Is that a Triumph TR I see in background? Very nice too!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks. I bought that car in 1981. I keep the garage carefully compartmentalized with a sign from the Berlin Wall.

Reactions: Dauphinais

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm thinking to change my wheels and would like to know if any of you have any experience with the Kineo wire spoked rims/hub's. Pros & Cons.
Prefer shiny silver rims and gold hub's.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,951 Posts
Hello @Cinkor

I've merged your post into an existing thread that deals with Kineo wheels.

There's a lot here for you to read through, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm thinking to change my wheels and would like to know if any of you have any experience with the Kineo wire spoked rims/hub's. Pros & Cons.
View attachment 134540
I have exactly those colors on my nineT:

love it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi guys,
View attachment 134540
Mine are on the way. Should be here in time for covid-25!

Reactions: kebo

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bikehps is located in the UK. Is it still cheaper after they ship the wheels to the USA? Might be .

For silver wheels and spokes, gloss black hubs and nipples, 5.5” rear:

bikehps.com $2210 USD, no VAT required, no delivery
Brock’s $2780 USD delivered

So as long as the shipping is less than $570, and there are no import duties, then bikehps.com might indeed be cheaper.
Wow...now it's over $2700 for the same set on HPS due to the exchange rate

·
Registered
746 Posts
Try AUD $3600 in Oz! Bleeding!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Finally got the Kineos fitted on the bike, shod with Diablo Rosso lll tyres. I got the 6 inch on the rear so it’s now got a big ass 190 tyre! It feels very different, but in a very good way. This is the most money I have ever spent on a bike but I have no regrets.
I

301 - 320 of 321 Posts