BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,060 Posts
Now that's a nice pair..............................of wheels! ;)

I like the fact that they look different from standard. If I'd spent a lot of money on replacement wheels I'd want folk to notice! >:)

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Now that's a nice pair..............................of wheels! ;)

I like the fact that they look different from standard. If I'd spent a lot of money on replacement wheels I'd want folk to notice! >:)
So apart from satin black paint on the rim Baldydave ,they really look different with stainless nipples n spokes ,very different from the standard tubed ones >:)
Congrats on finally getting them roadrunner ;) no new rubber gone on then ,your obviously happy with the contis :)
They certainly look solid rims ,but a bit to solid for my liking but that's how Kineo bulid them their way, making the rim look smaller in their design,maybe it would look different with black spokes n nipples :) but your happy with your choice and that's all that matters ,enjoy the ride ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,060 Posts
So apart from satin black paint on the rim Baldydave ,they really look different with stainless nipples n spokes ,very different from the standard tubed ones >:)
Congrats on finally getting them roadrunner ;) no new rubber gone on then ,your obviously happy with the contis :)
They certainly look solid rims ,but a bit to solid for my liking but that's how Kineo bulid them their way, making the rim look smaller in their design,maybe it would look different with black spokes n nipples :) but your happy with your choice and that's all that matters ,enjoy the ride ;)
Haha I actually do think they look different enough from stock for people to notice. :) The ring of exposed nipples around the rim would definitely get people's attention IMO. From an engineering point of view I think it's a nicer solution, though that's a debate that has been covered before.... Each to their own, though. :)

I'm slowly saving up for a set of Kineos, but I'd want the hubs in gold. :)

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Haha I actually do think they look different enough from stock for people to notice. :)
+1 Anybody who's ever ridden a bike with spoked wheels would immediately recognize there is something very different about the Kineo design. I don't doubt that it's a highly subjective matter of opinion, but for my money (if I were to go for new wheels) it's gotta be the Kineo's.

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
They are very contemporary looking and suit the 9Ts style IMO.

They attracted a lot of attention at the bike shop when the tyres were fitted. They'd never seen spoked wheels like that!

Haven't been for a ride yet....

·
Super Moderator
10,060 Posts
Slowly saving up for it as well. To a motorcycle enthusiast it will look different from the stock. But to my wifes eyes it'll look the same which is a plus! ;)

Gaaasss!
She probably says the same about her husband on shoe forums! lol ;)

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Better quality pics

·
Registered
199 Posts
Gorgeous. Excellent taste and congratulations. Mine would be with golden nipples and hubs. Alas, college tuition payments . . .

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Stock wheels weights are:
Front (no discs) :6.1kg
Rear: 6.6kg

Kineos weights are:
Front (no discs) :4.8kg
Rear: 4.4kg

·
Registered
25 Posts
... and it's not too expensive. :cool: But for the upcoming christmas season I have already choosen the Öhlins suspension as my personal gift. damned :mad:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts