BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knight design foot pegs, A good inexpensive answer to lowering pegs. I installed these foot pegs in five minutes or less. I wanted to see if this was the answer for longer time in saddle. They make riding position much more comfortable for taller persons. they are easier to change back for aggressive riding sessions. There is some getting use to as cornering ability is compromised. I would recommend for taller rider or longer rides.

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not need to adjust brake pedal at all. I only slightly lowered shift pedal. I must confess i do not use rear brake very much as the dual brembo anti lock fronts do 80% or more of stopping.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Living in Australia I ordered a set of these for my Turban, played around with different positions for the gear shift, found that a compromise in traffic, took off into the hills and found it awkward to change gear then near crapped myself when I ground my foot twice, soon as I got home I removed them. They are a beautifully made item but with the sporty riding on our twisty roads a dead loss for me. The bike is jacked approx 25 mm at the rear due to the Wilbers fitted. Anybody in Sydney wants them they are going cheap!:cool:

·
Registered
2019 Pure 719
7 Posts
Knight design foot pegs, A good inexpensive answer to lowering pegs. I installed these foot pegs in five minutes or less. I wanted to see if this was the answer for longer time in saddle. They make riding position much more comfortable for taller persons. they are easier to change back for aggressive riding sessions. There is some getting use to as cornering ability is compromised. I would recommend for taller rider or longer rides.
Fully agreed on all points. Cornering at first, especially with low suspension, was alarming. Though I can still lean enough to consistently hit the first chicken line on my Metzlers without dragging peg. The benefit to my knees far outweighs the reduced lean after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shredwick you are right, the advantages outweigh compromised cornering ability on long rides no doubt. I just learned new lean angle and ride with front of foot on peg instead of ball/arch. Gambino a fellow forum member suggested this and works for me. The best part is ease of returning to stock for short aggressive rides. I have to take saddle bag off also for short hard ride around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.