BMW NineT Forum banner

who would be interested in this meter?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE:
we have 20% discount only for black version, please read the last messages of this topic thank you.

Hi!

I would like to know if European members would be interested in a grouped order of the meter from Koso, it is about the base of DK Design, the only changes are, the strapping and the welcome message at the start.

Koso is a Thaiwan company but it is also established in Germany.
So for those who found the shipping and import taxes too high of the last group command of DK Design, I am trying to see if we can get a discount for the koso meter

Its price is 367 € and the 2014-206 model in black is already available, the others will be available, normally, at the end of January for Europe. count 15 € for shipping in Europe.

there are 4 references available:
-2 for the 9T from 2014-2016
https://www.koso.com.tw/products-detail.php?id=1336...
-2 others for 2017+
https://www.koso.com.tw/products-detail.php?id=1335...
(black and silver for each version).

On the Koso links you can see that it brings a lot of things for those who have only one original counter, such as the tachometer, gear engaged, etc ...

For 2014-2016 models it is supplied with a temperature sensor to have the info directly on this meter.
the info is not mentioned but it also indicates the signal of the heated grips.

You can download the manual in pdf here by clicking here: https: //www.koso.com.tw/service-in.php
then select:
-option 2 / meter / plug and play / BMW.

As you can see it is plug and play!

do not hesitate to ask questions, I am in contact with the manufacturer.

I also created a post on the French forum as well as the facebook page of the French / Belgian group of owner of 9T We are 9 registered for a group order already.
For those who would be interested, please tell me the year of your 9T and the color of the meter you want.
Thank you

member having confirmed their interest :
(22 feb update)

this forum:
-skary13 (2017 black)
-Chris94 (2017 black)
-Ian H (2016 black)

french forum:
-Rno (2017 silver)

french/belgium/international facebook page:
-T*** Christophe: (2015 silver)
-Pierre P*** : (2016 black)
-Stephane T***: (2014 silver)
-Laurent B*** (2015 silver)
-Claudio F*** (2015 silver)
-Laurent A*** (2016 black)

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm unclear how these single gauges grab the data for the functions usually shown on the optional OEM tachometer. With the two gauge setup there is one connector from the bike to each gauge. With this Koso and the DK Design there is only one connector. Does this mean that each of the two OEM connectors is simply a CanBus connector that carries the data for both gauges?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm unclear how these single gauges grab the data for the functions usually shown on the optional OEM tachometer. With the two gauge setup there is one connector from the bike to each gauge. With this Koso and the DK Design there is only one connector. Does this mean that each of the two OEM connectors is simply a CanBus connector that carries the data for both gauges?
good question...
i think , this is with a CanBus it's work like that .

·
Registered
9T Pure 2017
13 Posts
Nobody’s interested by this meter ??
Skary13’s looking for a discount from Koso but it depends on how many we’ll be !!!
If you’re interested, indicate yourselves by giving the model chosen and the year of your 9T. Skary will adjust the list.

I’m’ in. Black color for Pure 2017

·
Registered
415 Posts
There seems to be several versions of this gauge floating around. The pictures of the Koso KL-04 above shows a black gauge with a black background and white LED lighting but all the pictures posted by members of either this gauge or the DK Design version all show the entire background is backlit blue LED. Does anyone have a version of this gauge that has white LED's?

·
Registered
9T Pure 2017
13 Posts
« White »leds : day
« Blue leds » : night

Small difference of colour. In fact it’s not really really white in the day version.

You’ll see the difference in the video 😉

·
Registered
Urban GS
24 Posts
Bit late to all of this but I contacted the UK Koso stockist, the 2017 + is due end of March, the earlier model one is available now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit late to all of this but I contacted the UK Koso stockist, the 2017 + is due end of March, the earlier model one is available now.
thanks for the information. For now, I am still without answers to my last 2 emails sent to koso europe.

I just modified the 1st post.
I added a list of members confirmed

thank you all for answering the poll ;)

·
Registered
2015 R NineT (Classic)
30 Posts
Good initiative! I actually wanted to join this group buy before, but in the meanwhile I already got this Koso meter (black) for my NineT 2015 Roadster as a birthday present! :)

It arrived without any problems 3 days after ordering, and looks great. Low shipping costs, no import taxes for EU, and slightly cheaper than the DK Design version, so a great alternative for all EU people out here! (y)

I will probably mount it next weekend and place some pictures here.

·
Registered
2015 R NineT (Classic)
30 Posts
Installed the Koso (black) today on my 2015 NineT Classic! Haven’t driven yet because of the snow and ice, but seems to be working pretty well so far and looks great!

@skary13 See below a picture of the parts I ordered. I guess you would only need all those parts when you got the older model Classic like me, with the twin plastic gauges. If you have a NineT Pure with single gauge, you probably need less (or nothing?).

Some photos.

1) Before:

2) Left the parts I got from Koso, right the extra parts I ordered at BMW (got the bracket and bucket second-handed from a Pure)

3) Had to enlarge/drill the inside two holes in the bracket, since the original holes in the bracket aren’t placed at the exact right location on the NineT 2015 Classic

4) Some pictures after mounting:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
oh nice ! thank you !!!

I just got a response from Koso.
the 2017+ model is finally available but like for the 2014-2016, only in black.
I sent an email to find out why in Europe we don't have the silver version, I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

I just updated the list of people interested in first post.

·
Registered
2016 R9T Sport
641 Posts
I'm interested - 2016 Black
Can I double check this list of parts is correct for installing the Koso on a 2016 Classic with twin gauge setup.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,312 Posts
Unless @skary13 updates this potential Group Buy to show some progress, we may just have to finish this off.
We still do not have any potential discount and how many orders are required.

It may be best to retain this thread for questions and answers solely regarding the KOSO Europe Group Buy, and address any technical or fitment issues in the current DK Design digital gauge thread.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm still awaiting an answer from Koso Europe to know why they don't have the silver references for sale on the European website.
For the moment we have 10 confirmed people but only 5 for the black version ...
I try to get an answer from the guy at koso and come back asap.

@Ian_H i hade you on the list.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts