BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my R9T a few months now, long enough to put almost 3k miles on it and get rear ended causing 6k worth of cosmetic damage. I was fine, and now the bike is too!

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Hello Romeo, welcome here.

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hello Romeo, damn, 6k in cosmetics, you could have bought a diamond ring for that Moto with that much money. I’m not sure ...but we can ask the community here if they make a rear bumper for our bikes. How fast were they going when they hit you ? Welcome to the club, I hope to hear all about that miss fortune. I need to avoid that one for sure ! Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,388 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋
Good luck on your future rides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Romeo, damn, 6k in cosmetics, you could have bought a diamond ring for that Moto with that much money. I’m not sure ...but we can ask the community here if they make a rear bumper for our bikes. How fast were they going when they hit you ? Welcome to the club, I hope to hear all about that miss fortune. I need to avoid that one for sure ! Cheers
I'm guessing they were going less than 15 when they hit, I heard the tires screeching and next thing I know I was being lurched forward and my bike was scraping along the ground. but I turned out ok!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm guessing they were going less than 15 when they hit, I heard the tires screeching and next thing I know I was being lurched forward and my bike was scraping along the ground. but I turned out ok!
Probably someone texting or answering E-mails. Just plain bad fortune, wrong place wrong time. Hope you didn’t injure you back. Glad it wasn't any worse but 6 grand hurts bad enough. Better fortune to you my fellow rider. Maybe a bigger tail light might help or one of those flashing brake light. Glad your OK StayUpOn2 Blitz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts