BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long time member/rider, just wasn't too active....
I do enjoy riding my 9T around, but lately I'm sorta paranoid that cagers don't see me. by no means i sneak up on cagers, nor do I split lanes doing 30+ mph over the speed limit...
So, I tried out an LED headlight, off of amazon... it was only $80.00 and I'm quite happy with it.
pic of it is bit too close to the wall but when I did test it out at 9pm night ride, it was a big improvement over my stock lights.
(sorry about the messy garage guys)

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,349 Posts
Might consider something similar. LED headlight units have dropped considerably in price and certainly some cheap ones get good reviews on Amazon....

Means I'd lose the darn fine BMW logo in the headlight though..... :(

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts

Yeah, would be nice if BMW would offer one at a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
My friend had a very similar one on a small Harley, perfect light.. (it was a genuine Harley aftermarket one tho)

Can you send the amazon link please

·
Registered
2017 R nineT Classic
381 Posts
My friend had a very similar one on a small Harley, perfect light.. (it was a genuine Harley aftermarket one tho)

Can you send the amazon link please
The Harley branded Daymaker lights are just JW Speaker EVO headlights rebranded for Harley. They are great lights but not Harley specific or even made by Harley.

Another great option that doesn't look as futuristic is the Truck Lite, though that will stick out a bit more in front. I have a Truck Lite sitting from my old bike that I am trying to decide whether to put on the R9T or not.

·
Registered
174 Posts
would be nice if BMW would offer one at a reasonable price.
Contradiction in terms... :wavetowel2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
long time member/rider, just wasn't too active....
I do enjoy riding my 9T around, but lately I'm sorta paranoid that cagers don't see me. by no means i sneak up on cagers, nor do I split lanes doing 30+ mph over the speed limit...
So, I tried out an LED headlight, off of amazon... it was only $80.00 and I'm quite happy with it.
pic of it is bit too close to the wall but when I did test it out at 9pm night ride, it was a big improvement over my stock lights.
(sorry about the messy garage guys)
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Might consider something similar. LED headlight units have dropped considerably in price and certainly some cheap ones get good reviews on Amazon....

Lose of BMW logo in headlight is main reason why I am not LED already. Second but minor is that I typically do not ride my 9T in the night. :)

Reactions: GhostRider

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone fitted a ' Purposebuiltmoto ' headlight to their 9t. I think they are one of the best looking led lights and would be interested to know of anyones experience and how easy it was to fit.

·
Administrator
11,349 Posts
It does look really nice but I got one that looks almost as good for 1/4 of the price. Mine worked fine with no lamp fault displayed. My bike is a 2014 with a more tolerant CANBUS system, no idea how the 2017+ bikes with the newer CANBUS system will be with LED headlights.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Be very careful if you have a 2017 or 18 bike Billy, as Dave has eluded to. I bought an led headlight for my 2017 bike after my OEM unit got smashed.
All seemed well after fitting but it soon showed a fault and the main beam came on and stayed on until the bike was turned off.
This was an intermittent issue which the supplier kept telling me was a fault with my fitting, however I believed it to be the Canbus registering a fault and am currently trying to get this resolved.
Unfortunately this has meant having to buy a new OEM headlight so that I can still use the bike. :-(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine is the same year and model as Daves so it sounds like i should be ok.
I know what you mean about the price, they are made in Aus and i'm going in january so at least i could save the postage .

·
Administrator
11,349 Posts
Here's a photo of the LED light I installed on mine, as I never seemed to put an update on this thread. This was bought from eBay UK.

Firstly with the stock BMW light Bezel - straightforward install.

And then with the RSD headlight bezel - bit more of a challenge but end result justified the more involved install.

Reactions: Dauphinais

·
Administrator
11,349 Posts
Are you able to say if its the pilot bulb circuit or main beam circuit that's throwing the error? We need as much detail as you can provide. There are members on this forum that are much better than I on electrics so they might be able to offer advice.

·
Administrator
11,349 Posts
Glad it appears resolved, mate! Have to say the light looks good on your bike. :)

Here's the install on my bike:

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
157 Posts
Lose of BMW logo in headlight is main reason why I am not LED already. Second but minor is that I typically do not ride my 9T in the night. :)
Same here so this is a mod that is low on the list for me

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
the pilot bulb I believe... i took the bulb, the white I attached to the DRL. That’s how I get the light on when you turn the key. Now I detached and the problem is gone for now... not sure if it will show up again
Why is the black wire not connected to anything?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts