BMW NineT Forum banner

241 - 260 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
My mod for the month, a flying horse sticker on the tank, there's a story behind that but some other time. Next mod is a Moto Machine Mud Sling for the rear then I'll fit a proper rear guard under that GapRunr has with his bike.:cool: IMG_1650.JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
Finally a decent day aligned with time available to get out for the first time this year. It was even warm despite the snow still on the hills, put a smile back on my face after weeks of lockdown. Also gave me a chance to try out my winter mods, Wilbers shock and front springs, hugger, rack and rear subframe removed. Suspension is pretty good out of the box and should be even better with a bit of fine tuning. Anyway here’s a few pics just to prove the sun does actually shine up here.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Porsche fan?
I like Porsches but I didn't know there was a connection to the flying horse. When I was little kid we moved from the country to the burbs and my old man had a Mobil owned fuel station/workshop. But the real draw was the HRD Vincent Black Lighting ridden at Bonneville by Roly Free had one painted on the tank, they were sponsored by Mobil, that was just after ww2 and a real shot in the arm for British manufacturing pride. Plus the fact that the decal gives me one extra horsepower.:cool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I like Porsches but I didn't know there was a connection to the flying horse. When I was little kid we moved from the country to the burbs and my old man had a Mobil owned fuel station/workshop. But the real draw was the HRD Vincent Black Lighting ridden at Bonneville by Roly Free had one painted on the tank, they were sponsored by Mobil, that was just after ww2 and a real shot in the arm for British manufacturing pride. Plus the fact that the decal gives me one extra horsepower.:cool:
You're probably familiar with this song about a Vincent Black Lightning - one of my favs!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah baby!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lovely bikes peoples. I do like the colour scheme of the 2021 model. I think the tank looks good with the new lines.

A few pics of mine from a three day ride we did last week to the Snowy Mountains. I put some Anakee Wilds on for the dirt sections and had HUGE amounts of fun. I found the limits of the standard suspension a few times, and standing was not as comfortable as my GSA. BUT, the bike was a hoot on the dirt, I really enjoyed the lighter bike and being lower to the ground. I'll be upgrading the suspension some time this year. The Wilds did a fantastic job. Lots of grip in the gravel and on tarmac too. It took a little getting used to a knobby tire, the turn-in was way quicker than the Pirellies Angels I use for commuting. Tire life, well I'll have to see, two thousand kms took about 2mm of rear rubber off. The tire started with 9.8mm. I'm leaving them on for now as I may have to use the bike for a two week trip to the centre of Oz. That is if parts from Germany does not arrive in time to fix my GSA. I had five days in the very wet conditions Sydney offered of the weekend. I found them excellent with very little loss of traction. What really surprised me how they do not aquaplane when I hit puddles. I think it must be the knobby design. There were times under hard acceleration on the wet that the traction control came on.

Further reports on longevity to follow.

Cheers, Pete

20210312_150927.jpg

20210314_121419.jpg

20210313_111513.jpg

20210313_123056.jpg

241 - 260 of 278 Posts