BMW NineT Forum banner

141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Looks great👍 I had the same idea but it stopped when I got bored on trying to figure out the mounting. I have the bmw bags but you’re solution looks great, where did you find the mounting brackets that you put on the bags? Is it the same as bmw?
The mounting brackets are from SW Motech, these ones:

SLC side carrier

They mount straight on to the SW Motech side carrier mounts:

Mounts

They work really well however, for me they sit a little too high so I’ve bought a slack cut Pro Race stubby exhaust which means I can mount the panniers a lot lower... one everything is here and I’ve had a chance to fit everything I’ll post some more pics...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thought I'd posted this before but maybe not. The SLC side carriers are limited to 5kg each side weight limit. There's no brace or support down to the footpeg support so be careful how much weight you carry. I have them on my Urban and really ike the versatility but they are limited in application

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Urban GS
16 Posts
Hello,
New to the forum so thought I'd throw up some photos of our last jaunt (pre-lockdown).
Location was Drinkwater Flats OHV, just off San Francisquito Rd and down Forest Rte 5N16 in Los Angeles county. Just behind Lake Castaic.
Was a rainy, muddy day with some slippery clay. So glad I didn't drop my baby prior to the engine guards & BarkBusters being installed. :p:cool:
My two boys joined me; oldest in the suv, youngest was on the Kawi.
Nothing special done to the bike - yet. But lotsa of stuff on order - lol.
Look forward to engaging with you all.

Ciao,
Jessica

p.s. The last pic is from me on my bike looking North, found this bench on top of a hill that was at least an hour of off-roading from the nearest hwy and in the middle of nowhere. Good view of the weather too.
😍

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been raining for a long while and now it's stopped it's really humid and sticky but i decided to go explore some back roads and came across this descent, ruts and washouts from the rain made it a challenge and it's a long way down! the rest of the road wasn't too bad, more ups and downs but not washed away as bad as this big hill. the one behind the bike not the one in front of it...
View attachment 129319 View attachment 129320 View attachment 129320
Great pics. What under tail kit is that?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bolt ons:
Wunderlich bash plate & crash bars
Unit Garage rear rack, luggage racks & canvas saddle bags
Bark Busters white hand guards
AltRider Stepup brake peddle
SWMotech Ion foot pegs
Wunderlich handle bar bag with phone portal
CorTech magnet small tank bag
Michelin Anakee Wilds

Looking for the proper suspension setup that will give me 30mm to 50mm more clearance. Keep getting hung up on berms.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bolt ons:
Wunderlich bash plate & crash bars
Unit Garage rear rack, luggage racks & canvas saddle bags
Bark Busters white hand guards
AltRider Stepup brake peddle
SWMotech Ion foot pegs
Wunderlich handle bar bag with phone portal
CorTech magnet small tank bag
Michelin Anakee Wilds

Looking for the proper suspension setup that will give me 30mm to 50mm more clearance. Keep getting hung up on berms. View attachment 131878 View attachment 131879 View attachment 131880 View attachment 131881 View attachment 131882
Hey GuyOn2Wgeels. Nice looking UGS. I see your saddle bag on the left side appear pretty close to the stock exhaust. Is that the case? Any adjustments required to make it work? Do you find anything getting too hot?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 R nineT Urban GS
21 Posts
Here's mine. Partway through its evolution!
I've had BMW Bodyshop paint the fender and fairing in Jet black. had the seat recovered in black leather, removed the rear frame, fitted a Daedalus mini tail light (running, brake and indicator combined) and some bar-end mirrors off eBay, made in the UK, lovely quality! Just recently fitted a Nitron R1 Rear shock and now they have released the fork cartridges, I'll be ordering them shortly (when my clients pay!). I've changed the tires from the TKC80s to a pair of Conti road attack 3's which is the best thing I've done to improve the road riding, transforming the bike into a sports bike slayer on the twisty bits. Not so good offroad (see pic) but I don't ever go apart from last weekend daft folly. Also fitted a Pro exhaust Gp1, which is incredibly loud, but splits lanes like Moses. I love the sleeper aspect of the bike. After the forks are done, I might go for a set of carbon wheels, just to add to the madness of the SB killer feel.

Photo 16-05-2020, 08 30 28.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey GuyOn2Wgeels. Nice looking UGS. I see your saddle bag on the left side appear pretty close to the stock exhaust. Is that the case? Any adjustments required to make it work? Do you find anything getting too hot?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
@b_rock - there is a spacer inserted to adjust the tail pipe inward about 10mm creating a bit of space. Thus far I haven’t run into issues with heat, but I do pay attention as it does ride close.

I’m using the symmetrical racks, which in hindsight I probably should have gone with the asymmetrical model.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Beautiful! I love the seat. Was it a custom job? If so, was it built over the original red one?
Yes , it was re-padded and covered, basically a copy of the Touratech seat. It was done by a popular seat modifier here in Australia.

141 - 160 of 180 Posts