BMW NineT Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
@b_rock - there is a spacer inserted to adjust the tail pipe inward about 10mm creating a bit of space. Thus far I haven’t run into issues with heat, but I do pay attention as it does ride close.

I’m using the symmetrical racks, which in hindsight I probably should have gone with the asymmetrical model.
Took a few pics of the space between the muffler and saddle bag.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@Jonnydee I was thinking about a similar set up. How's the clearance between the left US20 and the exhaust? Do you take an special precautions on protecting the bag and the contents?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
@Jonnydee I was thinking about a similar set up. How's the clearance between the left US20 and the exhaust? Do you take an special precautions on protecting the bag and the contents?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I have the extra height Ohlins shock installed (and high Andreani fork inserts) so that gives me some extra clearance. There's about 1 inch between tip of exhaust and corner of bag. The only precaution is that I strap the top rear corners of the left side and right side bags together, with a strap that goes across the top of the seat. This prevents the bags from sagging down while riding. The Kriega bags have a loop that allows for this - it's actually meant to be used when stacking their bags on top of one another.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine, recently purchased, and added BMW garmin satnav cradle, swapped TKC80's for Mich PR5 trails (awesome in the wet and dry). Machine art cylinder head guards, Mudsling, got a rad cover from PRC not fitted yet. Givi tanklock bag and Kriega US-10 for carrying day to day shizzle. Got the BMW canvas style rear 40L tailbag for trips.

Looking to add BMW handguards at some stage and take tank off to fit fly lead for my Keis heated gillet. In the fullnesss of time will possibly swap front and rear suspension and put a lighter/ shorter/ louder exhaust on.

So far so good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@Ma Junior - running factory suspension or is highered a bit?
Always like dirty UGS
Raised the rear with a R1200GS Shock and the front with fork extenders. This will hold me over until I’m ready for a full Wilbers kit

Lovely looking bike.

May I ask how effective are the smaller mirrors? The bike looks very good without the OEM ones. What brand are they, and are they bolted onto the Barkbuster bar?

Cheers, Pete
Mirrors are small convex units from the auto parts store. Made a simple mount to the bark busters. Inspired by Highway Dirtbike hand guards

15B79ABB-90E3-41BB-899F-0FD2418D1D4A.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
My turban in the urban and the bush.
Love the bike and especially the seat. Was that something you had made custom? I found a manufacturer out of Japan K&H that does something similar, but I like the way this piping accentuates the lines way better. Thanks!

161 - 180 of 180 Posts