BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW R ninet Pure
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Long story short, I had a tire change at my dealer a months ago, few days later when I ride on straight road my handle bar tilted approx. 2-4 degree clockwise.
[I think the entire upper fork cross brace are tilted]

-Decided to go back and talk to dealer about this problem and all the technician said it's normal.
So next day I went to BMW Authorized repair shop, they've loosen the Fork brace and fix the twisted tube,

-Yesterday I did a visual inspection on the front part and saw this steer stops [or steer stems ] its appear that the right one is damaged.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone here who owned the R ninet Pure could you please share your photo of this specific part?

In Bangkok, Thailand most of the dealer don't stock the R ninet bike so it's pretty hard to find and compare.

My bike never had any accident and only 4 months old.

Thank you for your help!

Lower Fork Cross Brace
Part Number: 31428558481

193355276_226617169021090_3051551068574982135_n.jpg 194174651_109434974597087_8098256145542367202_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Peachkkt
Looks like a technician has used the steering lock stops to try and align your fork twisting complaint. The black powder coating has evidence of stress as well as the alloy stop.
Don't think it will be a safety issue but best take it up with the dealership that "corrected" your steering issue.
My pics are from a Racer frame so are a little different but you can see light marking on the alloy but yours has a dent in the alloy indicating a fair bit of force has been applied.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 BMW R ninet Pure
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peachkkt
Looks like a technician has used the steering lock stops to try and align your fork twisting complaint. The black powder coating has evidence of stress as well as the alloy stop.
Don't think it will be a safety issue but best take it up with the dealership that "corrected" your steering issue.
My pics are from a Racer frame so are a little different but you can see light marking on the alloy but yours has a dent in the alloy indicating a fair bit of force has been applied.
Thanks man! I have discuss with my dealer already, they said the lower fork brace will be replace with a new one. But I am really frustrated how they threat my bike :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts