BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey Laalves,
Great looking R9T! (y)
Is that center stand made by BMW or is some 3rd party part? I would like to have some kind of center stand for maintenance purposes and that might be a good option.
Thx TiM81! It's the Wunderlich centre stand. You can get it straight from Wunderlich here: Wunderlich R nineT centre stand

Note that, if you have the single seat configuration with the BMW low exhaust bracket, you will have to modify the bracket to fit the left side centre stand bracket and that requires the use of a milling machine to do it properly. They do not show this in the instructions or in the website.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thx TiM81! It's the Wunderlich centre stand. You can get it straight from Wunderlich here: Wunderlich R nineT centre stand

Note that, if you have the single seat configuration with the BMW low exhaust bracket, you will have to modify the bracket to fit the left side centre stand bracket and that requires the use of a milling machine to do it properly. They do not show this in the instructions or in the website.
Oh it's Wunderlicht, that's good to know. Thanks a lot for the information! :D
It's good that you mentioned that, because have no milling machine that I could use, so I think it might be better to just skip this one.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
And today I painted the front fender brackets and the seat brackets in black and installed a Rizoma aluminium front fender. I clearcoated all of these (brackets and the fender itself).

It would be nice for Rizoma to had done this and save me the hassle, considering this bike is already full of brushed aluminium.

The seat and fender brackets end up with a frosted look due to the texture of the cast aluminium with which these are made. Still dreaming with the Gilles Tooling 1000€ seat brackets, but I guess they will stay as a dream:

For that price I can put in Öhlins cartridges in the front suspension which is the next long term project.

·
Super Moderator
3,295 Posts
I too have the Rizoma front mudguard but am wondering why you though to clearcoat it?
Do you just prefer a 'thicker' finish?
What did you use for the clearcoat, and was there any special prep so it stays on?
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
10,487 Posts
Still dreaming with the Gilles Tooling 1000€ seat brackets, but I guess they will stay as a dream:
Yeah I drooled over those too, but no way am I paying the asking price! Nothing pre-owned has appeared on fleabay and haven't seen any on our forum marketplace either at a price more welcoming to a canny Scot! :)

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I too have the Rizoma front mudguard but am wondering why you though to clearcoat it?
Do you just prefer a 'thicker' finish?
What did you use for the clearcoat, and was there any special prep so it stays on?
Cheers
Well, the brushed anodised (flat) aluminium look does not agree with any of the clearcoated brushed aluminium bits I already have: tank sides, hump, radiator covers and airbox covers, all BMW OEM.
So, I simply sprayed 2-component epoxy clearcoat high gloss on it, after prepping it with some light scotchbriting. As it comes brushed from Rizoma already, it is now a very good match with the other bits.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yeah I drooled over those too, but no way am I paying the asking price! Nothing pre-owned has appeared on fleabay and haven't seen any on our forum marketplace either at a price more welcoming to a canny Scot! :)
Yep, horrible asking price. I could get it for about 800€ from my Rizoma dealer but still way too much. 500€ or so would have me scratching my head in due consideration.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts