BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on these kits, good or bad?

filtri + tappi airbox BMW ninet, LuisMoto
I went the DNA route on mine, proven filters and they had them matched in grey for the pure. They also come with blanking plates for the airbox.

Ordering direct from their eBay store, they arrived from Greece in 3 days. The fit is perfect and they are nowhere near your legs when riding.

The luismoto kit does not do it for me, the filters are pretty small, and I’m not sure of their filtration qualities.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link. They look the dogs and proven filters so i think i'll invest in a pair. Did you have to get it remapped or run it as is?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I too am interested to know if any remapping is needed, although I wouldn’t think so?
Also, will these type filters be as efficient as the stock system?
Will they get saturated with water if left standing in the rain, and if so, would that be detrimental?
Thanking you,Ken.
PS. Did 245 miles (Furthest to date on Pure) in a day last Sat. My bum was numb when I got home!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
No mapping needed done in mine, it runs fine, does not appear to be lean at all, but I also have to declare I did it just for the cosmetics .

The filters are oiled so water resistant, but you’d not want to leave them out in torrential conditions for a while I guess.

I’m lucky in the fact that my Pure is for summer fun as the GSA I have does the big miles and utilitarian work.

I’m happy with the DNA kit, both for fit and quality, and performance wise, there’s an audible increase in a very good way when on the gas, but fuelling seems fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, i was told to move it to the frame but i'll clarify if that's if it remove or keep the air box in. They do look great though so next purchase i think

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered a set from Pier City Cycles in Brighton and plan to leave the sensor where it is, just blank the holes off and fit the filters. Bit later i'll add a Rapid Bike easy module they also do. Rory at PCC says they move the sensor to the LH side of the frame when they remove the box but i'm not taking all the bike to bits to do that when i can do the job in 30 mins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts