BMW NineT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 122 Posts
@Cas Yep those work, though using the Forum Code (copy/paste) may work better as you'll see the images on your post. As a test I'll try to put one in this post.

Yep this seems to work. I'll delete this post if you'd rather I didn't link to your photo, no offence will be taken. :)

I installed Magura 195 Master Cylinders recently. 13mm mineral oil on the clutch side and 16mm on the brake. There was a bit of drama with wrong parts that you can read about in my fairing post here along with photos of the install.

http://www.ninetowners.com/#/forumsite/20682/topics/104042?page=4

Bottom line is the Magura parts are awesome and there was a huge improvement in braking control. The stock brakes were grabby for me. Plenty of power but I would often find myself surprised by how hard the brakes were engaged. That phenomenon is gone. The power is still there if not improved somehow; although I cannot figure out how that could be, but the biggest improvement for me is in the precise control I have in feathering the brakes and applying them smoothly without being surprised by a powerful jolt going into a turn or changing into a lane.

Hallo Cas

I read carefully your article about how you have done the conversion.
Finaly I also bought now the HC1 pumps. Could you please tell me how much longer needs to be the new clutchline and how much longer the new brakeline than the original was?
Thank you for your help.
KR
Chris

I would also like to know about the brake line. If you still have the original, would you please tell us how long it is? With that info I can figure out how long a line I need. Thanks.

Dave,
Is there any way you could repost the Magura HC1 installed photos, please? When I tried to open them, I get a "removed due to inactivity" error message. I am thinking about going this way, with Rizoma reservoirs and would really like to see how they look. I think certain chunks of plastic just seem out of place on our bike.
Thanks,
Ed

Dave,
Is there any way you could repost the Magura HC1 installed photos, please? When I tried to open them, I get a "removed due to inactivity" error message. I am thinking about going this way, with Rizoma reservoirs and would really like to see how they look. I think certain chunks of plastic just seem out of place on our bike.
Thanks,
Ed
If this is directed to me, I'm afraid there's nothing I can do as they are pointing to a member's private photo account on a hosting site on the web. Only the member @Cas would be able to log onto that site and reactivate the photo.

Howdy all. Was wondering if the Magura master cylinder makes the clutch pull lighter /easier to engage. I'm dealing with a torn tendon in my clutch arm and am needing a lighter/ softer set up. Also someone had mentioned that just ordering the Magura 13 mm hc1 mineral oil setup wasn't enough and that the seals have to be specified as well? Don't see a seals option on Maguras website. Lastly rear view mirrors need to be mounted elsewhere now, or the Magura set up has a mount for them? Much appreciated. -Alex

Howdy all. Was wondering if the Magura master cylinder makes the clutch pull lighter /easier to engage. I'm dealing with a torn tendon in my clutch arm and am needing a lighter/ softer set up. Also someone had mentioned that just ordering the Magura 13 mm hc1 mineral oil setup wasn't enough and that the seals have to be specified as well? Don't see a seals option on Maguras website. Lastly rear view mirrors need to be mounted elsewhere now, or the Magura set up has a mount for them? Much appreciated. -Alex
Hi Alex, replied to your PM. Glad you found this thread, was about to PM you again to direct you here. Hopefully you'll get an answer! :)

Reactions: AJninet
If you decide to upgrade to Magura’s HC1 master cylinders, you must replace your clutch and front brake cables as you will need at least an additional 5 cm in length. When I purchased my new master cylinders, I removed the brake and clutch cables and took them to the dealer who made new, longer cables for me. Yes, it’s a hassle, but well worth it in the end. You won’t be disappointed with Magura. Quality kit manufactured in Germany. PM me with your email address and I’ll send you a few pictures of my bike to show you how it looks with Rizoma reservoirs.

Did you upgrade your clutch and brake lines and levers?
No. Took time out. I might install them in this winter time.

Cas said:
f you decide to upgrade to Magura’s HC1 master cylinders, you must replace your clutch and front brake cables as you will need at least an additional 5 cm in length. When I purchased my new master cylinders, I removed the brake and clutch cables and took them to the dealer who made new, longer cables for me. Yes, it’s a hassle, but well worth it in the end. You won’t be disappointed with Magura. Quality kit manufactured in Germany. PM me with your email address and I’ll send you a few pictures of my bike to show you how it looks with Rizoma reservoirs.
Do you have ABM clip ons and still needed 5cm extra length to cabels? And did you installed this original BMW part #83300413582 to clutch switch to make it plug and play install. Magura support said that it will do so..

Hallo,
I have now upgraded to the Magrua H1 clutch / break master cylinders on my Urban.

I got the kit with break/clutch line adapters from Moto-Madness`s Magura HC1 Brake & Clutch Conversion Kit.
I did not need to install new lines, I only needed to reposition the clutch line little, see the pics.
I also did not need to back bleed, took some time to get out the air bubbles, but it helped to have the engine on a little, the vibrations helped. Felt easier then black bleed them:)

Here is some pics, I am very happy. But I can´t have the OEM mirros on without seperate mount them next to the master cylinders and guess it will remove the clean look. Will see how I do, I like the OEM mirrors...

Edit: Seems I cant attache images, I will try to create a gallery on my page

What am I missing?
Why do all of You Guys change your clutch and front brake master cylinders?
Are the originals not performing good enough?
I did the same but with a different brand (Beringer), explained here on this forum: http://www.ninetowners.com/forum/wh...257-brake-clutch-master-upgrade-beringer.html

I did not like the brake feel at all, and after I went with radial masters I was amazed how much lighter the clutch was as well. Definitely a worth while upgrade.

How long is the OEM clutch & brake lines? Anybody? Was thinking to upgrade Magura HC1 Radial Masters and Magura clutch & brake lines..
I did not replace my brake line but the clutch line had to go because of the weird BMW connector. The clutch line is exactly 48 inches. For the clutch-line I went with a slightly longer 50.5 inches with a fixed banjo fitting on one end and a screw-in banjo on the other (mind you that this was for Beringer controls so the mounting position might be different on Magura)

21 - 40 of 122 Posts