BMW NineT Forum banner
61 - 80 of 122 Posts
So they still deliver ? Tried contacting them a couple of times about shipping costs to the Netherlands but never got an answer. Also their site shows the kit on back order. How long dit it take for yours to arrive ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Took around 2 months...the clutch MC was out of stock and he had to bring one from Europe. If you want it sooner, I suggest you buy directly from Magura Europe.

Tried to find this kit in Europe but could not find it. Will have another look around the great internet.

Thnx for the info !

Here is my conversion update so far:
On the brake side, you could manage to re-use the same OEM brake line without the adapter, however you must route the line in-between the front suspension.

This is with the banjo adapter installed, no need to re-route the line, it stays as OEM.
I opted for this route.

Fyi, the banjo bolts on the R Nine T are all different from model to model. The angle degrees of benjo fitting bend on the Racer is the most extreme out of R Nine T. I had to change the line on the clutch side, the adapter alone was not enough. The brake side only need the adapter.

Yes you are right...The brake side only need the adapter.
The clutch side needs and extra 2.5 in length and that's with the adapter.
I would definitely need to change the clutch line.

If the Racer came with same banjo fitting like the Classic, the adapter would work. But on the Racer, it's the banjo fitting. The angle of the bend is just too extreme, there's too much tention on the line when you turn the handlebar. Over time,
it's very likely for the line to snap at the benjo fitting point due to the tention. I changed the line with different banjo fitting just to be safe. Also on the Racer there's the fairing clearance you have to tackle with, you can only install the adapter at certain angle. This was a complicated process. Also the Magura HC3 clutch micro switch circuit is incompatable with the BMW circuitry. The clutch micro switch from Magura does not work properly with BMW wiring loom due to the Magura micro switch are 180 degrees out of phase. The issue with the switch is known and Magura supposedly have a solution. Magura did sent me another mico switch, but it's the same micro switch. End up removing the Magura micro switch and
installing a different banjo bolt with the micro switch instead.

You only need to wire the clutch side micro switch, the brake side is activated by front brake ABS from pressure in the line. Try and see if you can purchase switch wiring adapter from BMW and solder the wires from the micro switch to switch adapter.

Anybody here know the exact length and angle of banjo bolts needed to make a new clutch and brake line which fit when installing the Magura hc1 on a racer ?

After using the MC brake for a couple of weeks now I do feel that the lever travel is short with more effort needed compared to OEM. The kit that I ordered came with 18mm bore size for the brake side.
I think I do need the smaller piston size 15mm. Anyone has used that size yet?

After using the MC brake for a couple of weeks now I do feel that the lever travel is short with more effort needed compared to OEM. The kit that I ordered came with 18mm bore size for the brake side.
I think I do need the smaller piston size 15mm. Anyone has used that size yet?
I have the Magura HC3 15 mm brake HC3 master cylinder (part#2100297) on my bike right now. The lever travel is a little shorter than the OEM but the effort to actuated is much easier and softer. I love my current setup. No regret! The HC3 has 3 WAY LEVER RATIO. The hand activated master cylinder lever has a clever 3 way adjustable point of support (Piston diameter 15 mm = 14 to 16 mm). This mimics the effect of using a piston size 1 mm below and above the selected hydraulic ratio. Simply remove and reposition the lever support retaining bolt for a softer or harder pressure point. All 3 positions offer 90° full radial activation.

So your piston size is 15mm which make more sense.
I believe the 18mm is more track oriented.

I just ordered today #2100451, (which is the 15mm piston size & long lever).
Will report back once installed.

You only need to wire the clutch side micro switch, the brake side is activated by front brake ABS from pressure in the line. Try and see if you can purchase switch wiring adapter from BMW and solder the wires from the micro switch to switch adapter.
Cool thanks man. Got my HC1s in today and came accross this loose in the box. Any idea what it could be

The 15mm piston size for the brake side is perfect, I left my at the 15mm position.
Doesn’t this give a more spongie feel when braking ? Or is the 18mm just to hard ? I like a brake which has good feedback but don’t won’t it to be too soft

Nope...the HC3 radial design gives better feedback vs axial..no spongy feeling, if anything it gives more direct brake feeling for improved control..I believe the stock OEM piston is also 15mm?? If you like it hard just stick to the OEM, no need to upgrade to Magura.

I installed the 15mm piston size MC brake and I like it more compared to 18mm.
I'll probably sell the 18mm that I have.

I am about to order a new brake/clutch line but wanted to ask fellow member who already changed the brake line:

-The brake line has 2 black sleeves which I think is there to protect the paint on the chassis and to protect the gold fork.
Any one of you ordered a brake line without these two sleeves?

-Spiegler has a clear coat on the line, wouldn't that be enough?

I am trying to see if I can buy the female connector of the clutch micro-switch.
Does anyone knows if a p/n exist?
I feel we need to cut it and solder it with the Magura clutch switch?

61 - 80 of 122 Posts