BMW NineT Forum banner

Magura Brake Clutch Master Cylinder

50K views 121 replies 44 participants last post by  skiptoids 
#1 ·
Magura HC1

Magura recently announced a new option for Brake and Clutch master cylinders - the HC1. Really nice slim design.

The good news is that these will be less than half the price of the HC3s.

Even better news is that there is a Clutch version that is designed for mineral oil! As in these will work on our bikes.

The not so good news is that they will still cost about $800U.S. a pair...

RobertVP

Attachments

See less See more
#116 · (Edited by Moderator)
Clutch master cylinder replacement

Hi all,

I thought I was on a roll today. I replaced my OEM bars with Rizoma clip-ons. As I was retightening the clutch master cylinder bracket, it cracked. Should’ve used the torque wrench!
I ordered a Magura HC-1, and I’m just curious if the replacement is straight forward? Or should I send to a mechanic for installation?
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Bicycle handlebar Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part
Fuel tank Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

#122 ·
Clutch master cylinder replacement

Hi all,

I thought I was on a roll today. I replaced my OEM bars with Rizoma clip-ons. As I was retightening the clutch master cylinder bracket, it cracked. Should’ve used the torque wrench!
I ordered a Magura HC-1, and I’m just curious if the replacement is straight forward? Or should I send to a mechanic for installation? View attachment 164323 View attachment 164324 View attachment 164325
I feel your pain, bro. I cracked the clutch perch on my 2019 k1600b, even though I used a torque wrench.

#118 ·
Hey @TorontoR9T - I know that you're looking for a forum member who has done this install. I believe @rich46 has tackled this for his Racer, perhaps you can reach out to him, he's very knowledgeable.

Here's Magura's own video on the HC-1 install.

Additionally, this thread deals specifically with your topic. Take a look at post #57 specifically.