BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please please help.
I have looked everywhere for the part reference of the connector which is on the wiring loom side of the bike connecting to the indicators’ cable.

The female connector is easy to find from BMW or other providers (Rizoma, Wunderlich, Bangood, etc). What part it connects to is a mystery!!

I like the form factor of the connectors and want this to connect my license plate light cable (located on a GS mudguard) to the tail tidy cabling at the back of the bike. Reason is I want to be able to remove the mudguard and disconnect the cable at the level of the rear wheel hub.

Does anyone know the answer?
Thanks a lot - Silaxe

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Captain,
It is this type of plug but with 2 wires.
Yes. I have checked all the diagrams from the repair DVD for the nineT and also asked the parts department of my BMW dealer and they could not tell me :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't know the answer to the BMW socket, but I've used a bunch of connectors for drone hobbyists, and I think something like a JST PH connector or a beefier XT60 connector would probably work out pretty well. If you want waterproof there's these beefy bad boys but I think that's probably too big.

On my adventure bike I just use crimp on bullet connectors, with the male and female sides opposite. (For the wires coming from the bike use male for the ground and female for the power, that way when you unplug the light the power line won't short to anything!)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bonafidebob,
I actually have these type of plugs but I would like to stick to an OEM like install. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone,
So I have continued my investigation and the connector is a Hirschmann Automotive OEM specific part, not available for purchase. I am still trying to get a small batch - Let's see.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Google "K&S T/S WIRING ADAPTER/PR BMW # 30-0200", should get you want you are looking for. I used it for my aftermarket indicators without issue.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi KO-GS,
I actually have these to connect to the indicators and plug into the harness seamlessly.
What i would like is the male side to neatly connect the light of the license plate holder.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here are a few sites that might be able to help you. I've linked to some connectors (both sides) that are a pretty close match, but don't look exact. They both have ways to ask them about specific connectors, you could try reaching out to them. I figure someone must make this part for the harness, just gotta find them...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts