BMW NineT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so who's the best to take a stock 2018 9T to better quality ect ect ect?
Northwest of England if possible

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm certainly has a lot of confusing comments about any tune both here and across the pond.
After speaking to HT I was assured he has the dogs bollocks tune and also it wouldn't affect my warranty for his tune is stealth and also adjusts automatically to any future mods I may throw at my 9T.

I'm not after more ponys myself to be honest but I do want a smoother throttle and gear response along with a touch or 2 of grunt.

As you say tho it really is a can of worms and one which I don't want to open if I'm wasting money on something that holds up no satisfaction.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hmmm certainly has a lot of confusing comments about any tune both here and across the pond.
After speaking to HT I was assured he has the dogs bollocks tune and also it wouldn't affect my warranty for his tune is stealth and also adjusts automatically to any future mods I may throw at my 9T.

I'm not after more ponys myself to be honest but I do want a smoother throttle and gear response along with a touch or 2 of grunt.

As you say tho it really is a can of worms and one which I don't want to open if I'm wasting money on something that holds up no satisfaction.
There was a post from someone who had the HT tune to get their bike measured on another dyno - this would help a lot to validate their claims.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Ian_H I've read the lot.....a very very small positive feedback is what I find mostly too.
Doesn't really instill me with confidence to go ahead with it ...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don’t agree, having had mine done just under 2 years ago, I’d list it as one of the most significant mods I’ve had. Yep people on this forum have had mixed results and a lot have commented who have never had it done. Have a look at the GS forum for ‘more balanced’ feedback. Just been for a cracking blat and that engine always makes me smile. Super smooth, great pick up and nice grunt and it ain’t like that standard.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don’t agree, having had mine done just under 2 years ago, I’d list it as one of the most significant mods I’ve had. Yep people on this forum have had mixed results and a lot have commented who have never had it done. Have a look at the GS forum for ‘more balanced’ feedback. Just been for a cracking blat and that engine always makes me smile. Super smooth, great pick up and nice grunt and it ain’t like that standard.
Obviously you're local to HT.....did you ride in or did you post the ECU off to them.

·
Administrator
11,353 Posts

FWIW if I hadn't gone for the Bren tune I'd probably have invested in getting Hilltop to tune the bike. They do offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. There are indeed polarised opinions on HT on this forum, but it seems to me that if they were selling snake oil they would have been outed long before now, plus many boxer owners swear by the work HT do. They can't all be wrong...

In any case please come to your own decision after reading up as much as you can on the subject, or feel free to ask more questions in the relevant threads, but don't expect a straightforward clean-cut opinion to develop... ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yep they’re about 35mins from me so I rode in, sat and watched the dyno runs and rode out. Really happy with the result that day and ever since. Don’t dispute some people’s feedback, each to his / her own. Accept that dyno runs are contentious / disputable but I know what I feel when I twist the throttle.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The more I read the more my decision is questioned.
Bite the Bullet!!!
Ok lads thanks for the info and I think we'll leave it there for now ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you did decide to go with a HT tune, it would be great if you could get a third party dyno before and after.
It would also give you something more tangible to compare, and decide if you want to get your money back or not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you did decide to go with a HT tune, it would be great if you could get a third party dyno before and after.
It would also give you something more tangible to compare, and decide if you want to get your money back or not.
Good idea ?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
+1 Hilltop makes big claims. Big enough that if true you'd be looking to see if they slipped in 1500cc cylinders.

What I haven't seen are independent before and after dyno pulls that back up their claims. The independent tests I've seen have shown mediocre results. They exist on this forum.

Can anyone provide a link to (or a screenshot of) independent tests showing Hilltops' tune giving anything close to what they claim?

·
Administrator
11,353 Posts
Closing this thread. There are other threads if folk want to continue the debate. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.