BMW NineT Forum banner

MassMoto Exhaust Full-System on 2021 R9T Pure - Help with 3rd 02 sensor

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Dominic 
#1 ·
Hello all, I just purchased the Massmoto Full exhaust system and it doesn't have the 3rd 02 sensor bung location. Is there a way to not run the 3rd 02 sensor on the 2021 R9T?

Musical instrument Wind instrument Wood Automotive exhaust Brass instrument

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you tried fitting the system to your bike? The Euro 5, 2021 on, bikes are different and the system may be for a 2014-2020 bike.

If it fits, any decent exhaust shop should be able to drill a hole weld a suitable boss to your exhaust for the 3rd sensor (you can buy the sensor boss on eBy etc. just make sure you get the correct thread size).

#3 ·
@Tmation is correct. If the headers don't have the 3rd bung for the post cat sensor it is for the 2014-2020 R NineT and you will have to have a shop put in a bung for you. The only reason I know this is because I just went through this with a purchase here. Because the exhaust was made for models prior to 2021, I would need another pipe for where the servo flap is, and a 3rd hole for the oxygen sensor to get it to work.

You also may need to check the diameter of the pipe to make sure your link pipe or slip on fits. Apparently they changed the diameter by 1mm or something.

#4 ·
You are in Luck ! I just installed a Diablo from K Speed on my 2021. Diablo is for 2020 and below models because it only has 2 o2sensors. I unplug the 3rd o2 sensor and don't have any error codes. runs the same and no issues.

#6 ·
No issues so far. Runs perfectly fine, no difference.
This is what you can do. unscrew your 3rd sensor and zip tie it before you unplug it and run it for a couple days. This is what I did before buying the K Speed exhaust.I wanted to make sure.

#7 ·
No issues so far. Runs perfectly fine, no difference.
This is what you can do. unscrew your 3rd sensor and zip tie it before you unplug it and run it for a couple days. This is what I did before buying the K Speed exhaust.I wanted to make sure.
I'm going to try that. If this works then I'll just install the servo flapper delete pipe and I should be able to mount the full system from a 2020 onto my 2022. That would just be fantastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.