BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I’ve got the massmoto hotrod exhaust and it sounds great! I’m actually in contact with them now for an exhaust for my xmoto aswell

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the chrome ones and order titanium a week ago. After a year I can tell the pipes are as mean as they can. No video does justice to the sound.

According to them no tune is needed but once I saw my spark plugs I called BS.

I dyno tuned mine and no issues. And just so you don't think I am biased I went from akrapovic to spark to ZARD and ended up with Mass. Never looked back.

I have been a ZARD fanboy since my Ducati days but I had on two sets exhaust leaks on the welding changed.

Trust me you won't regret. Make sure you wear earplugs with no db killer unless you want to become deaf
Are you still happy with your mass exhaust? I hear so many different things...

·
Registered
14 Posts
What type of tune did you get? I've had mine on for 6000 miles and haven't tuned it yet...
Hi
I am maybe going to get one of those but hear a lot of different things about it, like engine running lean, not so good performances. Are you still happy with it? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

I´m so interested in this. I´m still waiting for my racer to arrive but already looking at some after-market options. This one caught my eyes a while ago and have been reading feedbacks and listening to every youtube sound example out there. What puzzles me is that I have never seen such opposed strong opinions about the same product as for this! Some say it is the best they have ever had and some say it is by far the worst! Some youtube tunes sound sweet and some sound terrible! Something is very wrong. I can only think it could be a quality control issue or the different material options give very different results (which seems very odd to me!). I cannot really understand and despite thinking about getting them sooner or later (Homologated version), I can´t stop having doubts since we are not talking about a few changes in the pocket.

Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

I´m so interested in this. I´m still waiting for my racer to arrive but already looking at some after-market options. This one caught my eyes a while ago and have been reading feedbacks and listening to every youtube sound example out there. What puzzles me is that I have never seen such opposed strong opinions about the same product as for this! Some say it is the best they have ever had and some say it is by far the worst! Some youtube tunes sound sweet and some sound terrible! Something is very wrong. I can only think it could be a quality control issue or the different material options give very different results (which seems very odd to me!). I cannot really understand and despite thinking about getting them sooner or later (Homologated version), I can´t stop having doubts since we are not talking about a few changes in the pocket.

Cheers.
Hi

I totally agree with you and went into the same process, long minutes on youtube (with my bose headphones on :) )
I talked to a guy who posted a video
and he says it is crap whereas it sounds pretty good to me.(see comments)
Did you eventually get it and if yes yes what is your final opinion?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Gents,

You all should go for it, they've been a great set of pipes! Understandable how opinion's have been all over the place. However as a USA customer who has them and my experiences with the company.....they've been great to work with.

So I was torn between ordering the HOT ROD 2into2 pipes (because of my Racer stock rear controls footpegs setup which is different from stock/pure) as back then they'd yet to install this particular system on a Racer. So ended up deciding on a custom job that we came up with based on an older Buell reverse retro modded exhaust I had sent him pics of and thus they were able to custom make for me (however now being offered on their site).

Regarding some of your questions:

Sound: They were provided with an internal silencer/baffle that could easily be installed/removed as needed. They sound louder than stock but more so with a deeper tone and a bass rumble vice the farty higher pitched whine treble (as from other after market pipes) BUT this is purely subjective as I've owned bikes with custom pipes, Vance Hines pipes, and Termignoni Pipes. Go figure......my Harley friends rarely notice the tamed sound on the Mass Moto's, while my BMW friends grimace at the sound. It sounds great and tame at Idle although definatley gets louder as your working up the power band and picking up speed. I've always worn earplugs so either way, not really a factor.

Tune: It's been stated that a tune is not really needed (if this is your only change) as our ECU's are smart enough to adapt. However I went with one.

Customer Service: They were very good, honestly great: receptive and professional. I was a little concerned as paying a good bit for them on an overseas purchase (me USA and them ITALY) but again complete professionals all the way through. Numerous and timely back/forth emails, he would even send me pics as pipes were getting built with follow on tracking info and post purchase follow up emails.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gents,

You all should go for it, they've been a great set of pipes! Understandable how opinion's have been all over the place. However as a USA customer who has them and my experiences with the company.....they've been great to work with.

So I was torn between ordering the HOT ROD 2into2 pipes (because of my Racer stock rear controls footpegs setup which is different from stock/pure) as back then they'd yet to install this particular system on a Racer. So ended up deciding on a custom job that we came up with based on an older Buell reverse retro modded exhaust I had sent him pics of and thus they were able to custom make for me (however now being offered on their site).

Regarding some of your questions:

Sound: They were provided with an internal silencer/baffle that could easily be installed/removed as needed. They sound louder than stock but more so with a deeper tone and a bass rumble vice the farty higher pitched whine treble (as from other after market pipes) BUT this is purely subjective as I've owned bikes with custom pipes, Vance Hines pipes, and Termignoni Pipes. Go figure......my Harley friends rarely notice the tamed sound on the Mass Moto's, while my BMW friends grimace at the sound. It sounds great and tame at Idle although definatley gets louder as your working up the power band and picking up speed. I've always worn earplugs so either way, not really a factor.

Tune: It's been stated that a tune is not really needed (if this is your only change) as our ECU's are smart enough to adapt. However I went with one.

Customer Service: They were very good, honestly great: receptive and professional. I was a little concerned as paying a good bit for them on an overseas purchase (me USA and them ITALY) but again complete professionals all the way through. Numerous and timely back/forth emails, he would even send me pics as pipes were getting built with follow on tracking info and post purchase follow up emails.

Hi
Thanks a lot for your information.
Did you get the catalysed version or not?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi
Thanks a lot for your information.
Did you get the catalysed version or not?
They inherently build them with internal catalyzation into pipe, however you can order without them.

Mine was built as they intended, with catalytic and they also supplied me with removal baffles (db killer).

·
Registered
19 Posts
They inherently build them with internal catalyzation into pipe, however you can order without them.

Mine was built as they intended, with catalytic and they also supplied me with removal baffles (db killer).
@TX R nine T Can you post some pictures of the exhaust on the racer? I am interested in this setup for mine.

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
195 Posts
Have you see this one? Very minimalist, I’ve not heard one...

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
55 Posts
I am talking to MASS and was about to pull the trigger today, but now I hear voices that it is very noisy even with db killer. Any thoughts / knowledge?

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
195 Posts
I am talking to MASS and was about to pull the trigger today, but now I hear voices that it is very noisy even with db killer. Any thoughts / knowledge?
I don’t but there’s a used one on eBay so could may be talk to the seller

41 - 60 of 73 Posts