BMW NineT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
57 Posts
Hi,

my MASS Exhaust just arrived, great attention at MASS, and very quick and less than expected delivery costs (DHL), ordered /paid it last friday, had it in hands this Wednesday noon, in Lima, Peru on the other side of the planet (!). Here a first picture, next step installing it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

my MASS Exhaust just arrived, great attention at MASS, and very quick and less than expected delivery costs (DHL), ordered /paid it last friday, had it in hands this Wednesday noon, in Lima, Peru on the other side of the planet (!). Here a first picture, next step installing it.
View attachment 133737
That pipe looks absolutely gorgeous. After you put a few miles on it, can you report back whether the forward exhaust exit increases the heat on your right leg/foot?

·
Registered
285 Posts
That pipe looks absolutely gorgeous. After you put a few miles on it, can you report back whether the forward exhaust exit increases the heat on your right leg/foot?
Responding to your PM but will also post here:

So that’s a fair question, however no issues at all that I’ve experienced with heat in any such way by my feet. However the noise level is a bit more aggressive in your RIGHT ear as your banging through the gears/RPM band as it’s location (right front) is more forward, however I wear earplugs so not much of a factor.
F0B8EC6C-BABC-420E-88F9-3A54A40EBCE4.jpeg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed ...
Did you go with the cat or decat version? Did you get a tune? Do you notice your bike running richer/cooler at all?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm deeply interested in this setup but want to do all my research before dropping that kind of $$$.

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
57 Posts
Hi,

I went for the decat version. The bike seems cooler, but we are in Winter right now so it's a bit difficult to judge. I am under the impression that a bit more fuel would make her run better - but it's just a hunch from when I tuned my carb cars. There is a nice video somewhere here (black and white if i recall) of an exhaust change using a tune, that Racer definitely sounded "lighter revving".

Any way to easy read A/F ratio off the Lambda sensors? Any "cheap" tune suggestions?

Tom

Did you go with the cat or decat version? Did you get a tune? Do you notice your bike running richer/cooler at all?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm deeply interested in this setup but want to do all my research before dropping that kind of $$$.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I went for the decat version. The bike seems cooler, but we are in Winter right now so it's a bit difficult to judge. I am under the impression that a bit more fuel would make her run better - but it's just a hunch from when I tuned my carb cars. There is a nice video somewhere here (black and white if i recall) of an exhaust change using a tune, that Racer definitely sounded "lighter revving".

Any way to easy read A/F ratio off the Lambda sensors? Any "cheap" tune suggestions?

Tom
I'm not sure about "easy" or "cheap", we're talking about simmers here, right? Haha.

I was debating between the Rapidbike Easy booster plug or the Rapidbike Evo fuel controller that constantly remaps the ECU in real time as you ride. I'm assuming you can set it for what kind of mix you're looking for via some software.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just sent in my order to massmoto for my 2in2 hot rod exhaust! Super excited. Will I need 1 servo buddy or 2 if at all? gaskets? Will put in a rapid bike evo later this year.

·
Registered
2017 R9T Pure
5 Posts
Hi all, just joined the community.

Looking for a dual exhaust (or maybe I'll make a custom one). Really like how k-speeds exhaust looks and sounds like. Mass moto dual exhaust also looks great, but seems loud:)
Currently I have Pro-race slip-on as the simplest way to get rid of bulky stock muffler, but it's way too loud (and I haven't removed the flapper valve yet).

Will I need 1 servo buddy or 2 if at all?
You will still need one as there's only one flapper valve (located after 2 pipes merge in one) with one actuator. The other simpler approach is to remove metal cables between actuator and valve, so that actuator still works but does nothing. It's just a 10 minute procedure, there's a lot of guides on YT and you can always revert it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am talking to MASS and was about to pull the trigger today, but now I hear voices that it is very noisy even with db killer. Any thoughts / knowledge?
Curious how you feel about the loudness after installing them? Is it a lot louder than stock?

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
57 Posts
Curious how you feel about the loudness after installing them? Is it a lot louder than stock?
They are significantly louder than the original, even with the db Killer inserted. Sound is higher pitch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just sent in my order to massmoto for my 2in2 hot rod exhaust! Super excited. Will I need 1 servo buddy or 2 if at all? gaskets? Will put in a rapid bike evo later this year.
Did you get your exhaust? Any comment? More on the bass line or the table line?

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
57 Posts
Hi Thomas, we are mixing up, I have the Massmoto 2 in 1 and the sound is higher pitch (more "treble less bass") than the original.

Hi
I thought these 2in2 sounded lower pitch. I certainly don't want higher... please let me know.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hmmm....and yet another perspective. As I also have the Comeback Exhaust (2 into 1) and don’t find it any way to be high treble (pitched) although I do wear earplugs. Those few occasions when I haven’t, I have just noticed it to be overall louder (in rumble, guessing low pitched).....due to the fact that the single outlet exists out the right front, right ear attenuation area.....anyhoo my .02 cents FWIW.....and the Original stock sewing machine sounded farty to me (but again only my perspective......

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
57 Posts
I think it really depends and each persons perception. When I received my bike with the original exhaust, I was positively surprised about the nice and low, almost harley like sound of the boxer (my first), after switching the sound became louder and more aggressive, less low-endish. My impression. Just sold the bike if not I would take a video.

Hmmm....and yet another perspective. As I also have the Comeback Exhaust (2 into 1) and don’t find it any way to be high treble (pitched) although I do wear earplugs. Those few occasions when I haven’t, I have just noticed it to be overall louder (in rumble, guessing low pitched).....due to the fact that the single outlet exists out the right front, right ear attenuation area.....anyhoo my .02 cents FWIW.....and the Original stock sewing machine sounded farty to me (but again only my perspective......

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think it really depends and each persons perception. When I received my bike with the original exhaust, I was positively surprised about the nice and low, almost harley like sound of the boxer (my first)......
Yup.....we definitely have different ear attenuations.....and perceptions......the stock BMW R9T almost Harley like sound .....hmmm 🤪.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts