BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attention SoCal BMW R nineT Owners... It's time to shake off the rust and get back to our regular rides. Here’s the plan for our May event.

When: Sunday, May 24th - 9 AM

Where: Commodity - 1322 Coronado Ave, Long Beach, CA 90804

What: R nineT Ride-Out in Honor of Freeman Chen

On our last ride in January, one of our own lost his life in a tragic accident. After a long hiatus due to various factors, I'm more than ready to get the gang together for an overdue ride in memory of our fallen brother Freeman Chen. I was profoundly affected by his passing that day and I know many of members were as well. To honor him and give those present that day a chance to process and get some closure on what happened, we're going to take the same route as last time, AT A MANDATED MELLOW PACE, to the location of his passing on the east end of Ortega Highway. We'll stop for a moment of silence and from there we'll conclude the group ride.

Arrive at Commodity at 9 AM to catch up over coffee (while maintaining proper distance) and we'll depart at 10. For members arriving from the south, you can catch us while we take a break at the same Chevron as last time, around 11:15 AM until 11.45 AM.

Address for the Chevron is 30801 Gateway Pl, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675.

Again, this will be a mellow cruise. Also, please maintain respectful distance when we're off our bikes. Commodity says they "SHOULD" have restroom access available, but just in case, you may want to use the facilities at a nearby gas station (and fill up) before arriving.

To stay in the loop for rides, events and special offers for members, join the SoCal nineT Owners Group on Facebook. Search for socal9tog".

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Happening tomorrow! Looks like we'll have a good sized group judging from the FB and IG crowds.

Looking forward to seeing both new and familiar faces (behind masks of course).

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,954 Posts
Great to see you guys getting out, and it's a really nice and respectful touch to dedicate the ride to a fallen brother...

When I finally realise my dream of riding the PCH, we'll have to see if I we can time it so I can ride with you guys.

Stay safe and enjoy the ride! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts