BMW NineT Forum banner

Mechanical throttle mod

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Dauphinais 
#1 ·

Has anyone tried to put a mechanical throttle on. How do you think it would look on a racer and how easy would it be

See less See more
#2 ·
That’s really nice if your going steampunk. Looks like it would pull a cable just fine, certainly unique I’d say. From the pict, doesn’t appear to be to difficult to adapt to your 9T. Have at it and post Picts when your done. …when it’s different, not run of the mill … I love it !
……Blitz Hope you don’t get any loose clothing or your glove caught up in that. ✌😎

#3 ·
That’s really nice if your going steampunk. Looks like it would pull a cable just fine, certainly unique I’d say. From the pict, doesn’t appear to be to difficult to adapt to your 9T. Have at it and post Picts when your done. …when it’s different, not run of the mill … I love it !
……Blitz Hope you don’t get any loose clothing or your glove caught up in that. ✌😎
Just bought it I’ll let you know how it goes

#5 ·
Wow. Never seen such a thing...

Part of me thinks it’s a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist (one that will leave at least a couple of inches of cable exposed to the elements). But part of me thinks it’s pretty freakin’ cool - and would be especially fitting for a 9T.

Good luck with it. (Hope you’re in the market for a conversation-starter!) ;)

#6 ·

small update finally got the part aaand it’s looks amazing it’s a high quality hand made part but it’s not perfect. Didn’t take a vid of it turning but some of the teeth are not perfect so it doesn’t turn perfect in some spots. Have a machinist going over it currently. As soon as he’s don’t I’ll have a vid fitting it and one riding with it.

#7 ·
View attachment 145662
small update finally got the part aaand it’s looks amazing it’s a high quality hand made part but it’s not perfect. Didn’t take a vid of it turning but some of the teeth are not perfect so it doesn’t turn perfect in some spots. Have a machinist going over it currently. As soon as he’s don’t I’ll have a vid fitting it and one riding with it.
SteamPunk all the way … awesome. I picture you riding down the highway and taking a toothpick out of your mouth, sticking it between the gears to set your Cruz-control … (NOT) … I hope your machinist is a good one. Re-cutting bevel gears is no easy task. Does it have a two cable set up, one to open and one to close the throttle body. Pushing a cable to close the throttle is not a good thing, maybe an internal return spring built into the grip ? I hope so. Make it safe first then it can be a pretty as you please…….Blitz
P.S. make sure your gloves have some good grip on smooth aluminum handles too … ✌😎

Reactions: jthejewel
#8 · (Edited)
Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Crankset Hood Automotive tire
Slight update been super busy planning to put the part on next week just some slight work to do.
Got the part mocked up and I need to foxy a couple things. First of all I need to make a whole through the throttle body for that bolt that holds it on. Nest as you’ll see it aVideo a stop needs to be welded because it’s possible to put a pushing tension on the cable🥶.
Next the part that holds the cable is really sharp and I’m worried about it cutting the cable

#9 ·
It looks amazing @jthejewel , I hope you get it sorted out.

By the way, the links to your videos do not work because it appears as though they are on your personal "one drive" which will not be accessible to anyone but you, without permissions. The best way to put a video into a post is to put it on YouTube first, and let it be served from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.