·
Registered
1,036 Posts
We need a google earth map with pins.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance you get North at all? If so, PM me and we can get together for a ride. I'm from traverse city.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much fun is it to ride your 9T on M119 north of Harbor Springs? I have a vacation home nearby that I sometimes take my F800GS up there. Haven't taken then 9T, maybe this fall.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I dunno John, just returned from there, and the traffic from Traverse to Harbor springs is pretty brutal. Stay off 31. 119 wasn't much better. Maybe north of Harbor springs as you said. Downtown Traverse, is like NYC. (or maybe Carmel at rush hour) Maybe a 7am ride :) I'd look for the back roads myself!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would hardly qualify tc as nyc traffic. Just drove from tc to glen arbor to empire and back to tc on no straight rode!!!! I have the best curves up here! Friend from below said best roads ever for riding. Lets get together and ride! Of Course we will not ride in town!!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
i would hardly qualify tc as nyc traffic. Just drove from tc to glen arbor to empire and back to tc on no straight rode!!!! I have the best curves up here! Friend from below said best roads ever for riding. Lets get together and ride! Of Course we will not ride in town!!!
Ok, lets qualify that. Ride 31 through TC on Fri or sat, heading to Petoskey. The fudgies make it pretty busy on weekends. (btw I used to temporarily manage an office over looking the beach there on Traverse bay. Needless to say at peak summer times it was hard to get work done). My guess with school back in session, there will be less traffic. I plan to trailer my bike up there next sept, and get in some nice riding on Leelanau and Old Mission, then up to Harbor springs and above. Think I will do the early morning rides.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
How much fun is it to ride your 9T on M119 north of Harbor Springs? I have a vacation home nearby that I sometimes take my F800GS up there. Haven't taken then 9T, maybe this fall.
John, next spring or fall, I will trailer my bike up there and we can hit some nice roads. Getting a bit tired of the "Carmel Twisties" (the roundabouts). Between your knowledge of the area, and mine, I'm sure we can find some cool places for breakfast or lunch. I know the old stuff, if its still open, you will know the new. My old fishing buddy Bill Frazier I understand is the mayor of Petoskey now! (and owns Jesperson's cafe and pie shop). I was gonna do that a couple weeks ago, but had to drive my car up. The Expedition is in the shop, and its the trailer puller.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rkevwill<
I will look forward to it. I certainly Know the TC area best and leelanau (I live here) and old mission are where I ride most. The food places up here are amazing as well. Only worry about early morning is the deer. Ouch! I commute to grayling one day a week and LOVE the ride and rarely experience HEAVY traffic now that the festivals are over. As long as you stay out of town and off the main roads you will be fine. The twisties up here are amazing, there is no straight road here.

Any other michigan riders heading up this way? If so PM me and we can do some riding!

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
John, next spring or fall, I will trailer my bike up there and we can hit some nice roads. Getting a bit tired of the "Carmel Twisties" (the roundabouts). Between your knowledge of the area, and mine, I'm sure we can find some cool places for breakfast or lunch. I know the old stuff, if its still open, you will know the new. My old fishing buddy Bill Frazier I understand is the mayor of Petoskey now! (and owns Jesperson's cafe and pie shop). I was gonna do that a couple weeks ago, but had to drive my car up. The Expedition is in the shop, and its the trailer puller.
I'm always happy to take the Lake Ferry across from Milwaukee. I try to do it at least once a year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The TUNNEL OF TREES...yes its on my list but i live two hours away from there and with young children, (and a crazy work schedule) the wife doesnt let me get out as much these days!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd love to be in a pack of nineTs and on those twisties be a grand time. There's some nice campgrounds to stay at up in the TC area too

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok rkevwill karamazov srss et al the riding season is among us. I propose a Traverse city meet and ride. Lot o talk about coming, lets make it happen. Any particular dates work. I feel like I know you guys after reading all your posts for the past year. I need a little headway but would love to catch up with you guys and rip up the concrete up here! If you are coming let me know so i can get some time to show you around! Even know some great 'blue ribbon water' @rkevwill!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
ok rkevwill karamazov srss et al the riding season is among us. I propose a Traverse city meet and ride. Lot o talk about coming, lets make it happen. Any particular dates work. I feel like I know you guys after reading all your posts for the past year. I need a little headway but would love to catch up with you guys and rip up the concrete up here! If you are coming let me know so i can get some time to show you around! Even know some great 'blue ribbon water' @rkevwill!
Seriously doubt if I will be bringing the 9T up to MI this year. Looks like an old Expedition, wife, dog, fly rod and GPS trip. We will be Grayling area, Traverse City, Ludington to Ferry, Minneapolis, Duluth, then Isle de Royale. Thats one trip, but we may make more, we are usually up there 2-3 times a summer. johnmweiss, another of our forum members also gets up there, and takes one of his bikes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Brighton area here, some ok roads southwest of here but nothing like the northern half of the lower penisula, love M-22 but haven't ventured much north of Traverse (119 is a good ride?) or east of 75... But am definitely not opposed to exploring new areas!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts