BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@Sage Welcome to the forum and glad to hear of your experience at BMW Detroit! Any road north and west up here is best. My Ten minute commute often takes an hour or more as I find getting LOST in leelenau pennisula enchanting. Bring her up in a week (after Cherry Festival) and we can break her in the proper way!>:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Sage Welcome to the forum and glad to hear of your experience at BMW Detroit! Any road north and west up here is best. My Ten minute commute often takes an hour or more as I find getting LOST in leelenau pennisula enchanting. Bring her up in a week (after Cherry Festival) and we can break her in the proper way!>:)
Be careful what you wish for! I just may...

Family vacation is the last week of July at Crystal Lake. Friends have a place on Torch Lake that I might be able to go to sometime.

I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
We are up in MI right now matter of fact. On the Ausable now, will be at Traverse City in a couple days, then meeting friends at Crystal Lake before we head home. Unfortunately, sans bikes. I need a trailer!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@Sage... BRING IT! I amoff work the last week in July! Film festival in TC! LETS RIDE?!?!?!?!? Frankfurt is close as is Crystal lake. We could meet at Fusion for lunch? You will LOVE it up here with your Steed!
@rkevwill, Shame on You! Get that trailer!, Next year for sure. We have 'Blue ribbon' water running right out of town!

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Sage... BRING IT! I amoff work the last week in July! Film festival in TC! LETS RIDE?!?!?!?!? Frankfurt is close as is Crystal lake. We could meet at Fusion for lunch? You will LOVE it up here with your Steed!

@rkevwill, Shame on You! Get that trailer!, Next year for sure. We have 'Blue ribbon' water running right out of town!

PM me your number, I'm going up Sunday night and can only stay through Wednesday so maybe Monday/Tuesday we could ride 119.

Hey rkevwill, yeah well I manned up and bought a trailer! Not only that, but I'll be at Crystal Lake this weekend, don't worry I'll ride the loop in honor of you not having the R NineT with you.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
PM me your number, I'm going up Sunday night and can only stay through Wednesday so maybe Monday/Tuesday we could ride 119.

Hey rkevwill, yeah well I manned up and bought a trailer! Not only that, but I'll be at Crystal Lake this weekend, don't worry I'll ride the loop in honor of you not having the R NineT with you.
jvdo and I did meet for coffee, and although I was extremely jealous he was riding his bike, I did like the bag he had strapped on pillion. I am very envious of you guys, as we did a lot of driving around on the Lelanau peninsula, and driving down to Crystal the following day to visit friends. Whoa, I have driven those roads for 30 years or more in a car, but driving them last week gave me a whole different perception being back on bikes these days. Sure wish I had one of my bikes with me. I should figure out something for next year. Driving my old Expedition up there just isn't the same as being on the NineT.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@rkevwill, Great meeting up with you. Next year, figure the trailer thing out so we can ride up here. There is a new owner in TC as well, trying to convert him to the forum. Hopefully, will post some pics of @Sage and i's reide this coming week.
My best,
john
ps, every morning i drive to work at 6:30 along M22 and west bay, makes the winters tolerable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@Sage, AWESOME riding with you today! Nice to meet you and your brother and hope you found a love of our little gem in the north! No straight roads! The ride we went on is truly my daily get lost after a crappy day at work routine! Glad to share it with you, parking lot aside!
john

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Welcome @jkk58. Never knew where Gregory was? We go to Chelsea twice a year for my daughter to show her horse at Woodbine. Nice area! Maybe next summer I will ride the bike down!

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Sage, AWESOME riding with you today! Nice to meet you and your brother and hope you found a love of our little gem in the north! No straight roads! The ride we went on is truly my daily get lost after a crappy day at work routine! Glad to share it with you, parking lot aside!
john

I wasn't going to mention the parking lot incident ;)

Fun ride it was, thank you again for showing me around. I look forward to riding there again! I'm making a little "Ride Report" thread of my own, and will post the pictures there.

@jkk58 I've ridden through Gregory probably 30 times in the last month, you ever see me? Could meet for a ride sometime, Waterloo and Irish Hills are fun areas.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I wasn't going to mention the parking lot incident ;)

Fun ride it was, thank you again for showing me around. I look forward to riding there again! I'm making a little "Ride Report" thread of my own, and will post the pictures there.

@jkk58 I've ridden through Gregory probably 30 times in the last month, you ever see me? Could meet for a ride sometime, Waterloo and Irish Hills are fun areas.
We need more info on the parking lot incident. >:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We need more info on the parking lot incident. >:)
Lets just say i 'almost' layed my baby down after nearly 100 mile ride trying to find a spot to park. Not my best moment but I didn't drop her! The film festival in town had everything a mess! @Sage was gracious and the ride was amazing!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys, hope you don't mind the resurrection - little late to the party! I'm just outside Battle Creek and always up for a ride. M43 from Richland to Hastings is a great after-work blast and I hope to take the Racer for a spin up at Grattan next season, too. It's gonna be a long winter...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts