154 Posts
And my last non-bmw bike was a Bonneville... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Retjustdad53

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking forward to this one!
My $ is on the BMW, but just like Alligator, I am conflicted...
I counting on BMW and Triumph both achieving victory. If it helps the Griso owner issued the challenge.

He just mentioned he might have to work on Saturday. That leaves me running against stretched, air shifting, slick wearing Kawasaki's and Suzuki's. If I'm lucky a 150 horsepower sport bike.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hey Dad, thanks for picking up the hatchet. You got this..... on either bike but especially your Bavarian Beauty .... The trick will be to shift just before the over-rev kicks in to get every bit of torque she can offer you. Don’t back off the throttle, and barely use the clutch at all after launch, sit up on the end of the tank and anticipate lifting the front wheel in second, lean forward and don’t back off. My money is on the Beamer by a bike length at 90+ and about the high 7’s or low 8ths in a measured 1/4 mile. Don’t miss a gear or shift prematurely and put your blinders on because they might take you out of the hole but you’ll pull away at an 1/8 and beat them by a 1/4. Keep your head down and wear you armor too. Good Luck ... StayUpOn2 GoFast-HaveFun ! I look forward to seeing some video clips. ....Blitz

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Dad, thanks for picking up the hatchet. You got this..... on either bike but especially your Bavarian Beauty .... The trick will be to shift just before the over-rev kicks in to get every bit of torque she can offer you. Don’t back off the throttle, and barely use the clutch at all after launch, sit up on the end of the tank and anticipate lifting the front wheel in second, lean forward and don’t back off. My money is on the Beamer by a bike length at 90+ and about the high 7’s or low 8ths in a measured 1/4 mile. Don’t miss a gear or shift prematurely and put your blinders on because they might take you out of the hole but you’ll pull away at an 1/8 and beat them by a 1/4. Keep your head down and wear you armor too. Good Luck ... StayUpOn2 GoFast-HaveFun ! I look forward to seeing some video clips. ....Blitz
I'm thinking a high 11s @115 mph in the quarter mile should do the job. We are running at 2695 feet with low 80s temperatures so our density altitude will effect the bikes evenly. I will also publish the corrected speed and ETs for those interested in what the run would be at sea level.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts