BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
101 - 120 of 136 Posts

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Ok soooooo..... after a looooong time i got a chance to ride on my saddle. However i noticed that its not really attached to the bike... No really. Front clips in as always but at the back there is no locking it seems. Just a special custom bracket that prevents total side to side sliding but does not really hold it in place at all. With the hump installed you can grab the back of the seat and lift it off the bike pulling whole deal apart.

I gently rode on it securing whole assembly by my body weight but surely this cant be the design ... is it??!?

· Registered
100 Posts
I've just received my Mustang seat - it's seriously well made, the covering is thicker than the original BMW seat and the foam is deeper and firmer as well as the seat being wider at th rear. I don't think it will look out of place either.

It's not cheap having it shipped to the UK, Revzilla charge US$45 shipping then customs and VAT entering the UK adds another UK£67 - but I'd pay double that if it means I can ride all day !

· Registered
15 Posts
Looking at the Mustang seats, those with the Tripper, are you still happy and how do you find the comfort?

One thing I like the about the std seat is it is narrow which helps a short use like me, so thinking the tripper over the solo as it is slimmer I understand?

· Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone have any experience fitting the Mustang pillion seat with a tail tidy? Specifically the Evotech tail tidy?

I just picked up a used 2018 and and it came with the Mustang solo seat and no pillion because a Sargent storage pod was fitted. I'd like the option of a pillion, but I think the Mustang unit matches the solo seat better than the OE pillion, and it looks like it's considerably cheaper as well.

My concern is that it looks like it hangs down a bit further than the OE unit and I think it might interfere with the tail tidy.

Appreciate your input!

· Registered
71 Posts
Mustang seat

First, I want to apologize if this post is posted in the wrong section. I used the forum's search tool for the r9t mustang seat but none came up.

I received the r9t mustang seat about 3 days ago and I must say that I'm very satisfied with the purchase. It is very comfortable and I noticed that on long trips, it greatly reduces skeletal fatigue. One thing is that the seat is most comfortable at the rear so if you like to hug the tank for long periods, the seat may not be for you. I was reluctant about ordering the seat because I liked the look of the stock seat on the r9t. But I have a mustang seat installed on my Harley and can't say enough about it so I figured I'd give it a try. So far, so good.
Hi do you have pictures and are you still happy with the seat torn between mustang and Sargent

· Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,648 Posts
Unfortunately you may not get an answer as the post you have quoted is from July 2015 and the member hasn't logged on to the forum since Aug 2015! o_O
I did buy a Mustang riders seat and having had Mustang seats before, can vouch for their comfort.
They are a bit wider than the stock seat, but doesn't look out of place.
I'll post a picture later on.

· Registered
71 Posts
Unfortunately you may not get an answer as the post you have quoted is from July 2015 and the member hasn't logged on to the forum since Aug 2015! o_O
I did buy a Mustang riders seat and having had Mustang seats before, can vouch for their comfort.
They are a bit wider than the stock seat, but doesn't look out of place.
I'll post a picture later on.
Thanks mustang looks a little slimmer than Sargent and offers passenger seat vs Sargent sells rear seat cover to match and you have to staple it on your pan

· Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,648 Posts
Pictures of the Mustang riders seat with the OEM passenger fitted.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts