BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
NineT Scrambler 2016
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Along the way many times people stopped me for a picture...
IMG_7416.jpg
IMG_7543.jpg

After 7000 km finally Samarkand! When I was a child I had a book about the great ancient cities...Machu Pichu, Timbouctu, Samarkand...a dream since childhood for me!
IMG_7412.jpg
IMG_7544.jpg
IMG_7428.jpg
IMG_7468.jpg
IMG_7492.jpg
IMG_7501.jpg

Simply magic!
Senza titolo.png

Senza titolo1.jpg

·
Registered
NineT Scrambler 2016
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
After breakfast, the return began!
IMG_7534.jpg

Same Countries but different routes or stops.
IMG_7694.jpg

Merv ruins (Turkmenistan)
IMG_7659.jpg
IMG_7665.jpg

For the second turn on the Caspian Sea I was luckier, just a day of waiting on a more comfortable ship.
IMG_7752.jpg
IMG_7771.jpg

I arrived at the port of Baku (a desert land 60 km away form the city center) at 3 A.M. Too late to look for a hotel, so after breakfast on the road again for beautiful sunrise and landscape.
IMG_7800.jpg

Senza titolo.png

IMG_7804.jpg
IMG_7815.jpg

·
Registered
NineT Scrambler 2016
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
On the way to Lahic (Azerbaijan), mountain village famous for copper.
Senza titolo.png

IMG_7831.jpg
IMG_7832.jpg
IMG_7838.jpg

Seki (Azerbaijan).
IMG_7851.jpg
IMG_7844.jpg

Around Tbilisi (Georgia) and the proverbial Georgian hospitality. A very nice family invited me to join their barbecue.
A whole afternoon of drinking the traditional Georgian wine.
IMG_7859.jpg
IMG_7862.jpg
IMG_7868.jpg

Drunk in Tbilisi for a really very funny nightlife😉😉😉
IMG_8037.jpg

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Classic 2020
200 Posts
Goodness @talox , I know you said you didn’t do social media, but the quality of these photos and richness of your experience are worthy of being shared to inspire other bikers do to what you have done. Have you considered writing a book, either self-published or with the help of a publisher?

·
Registered
NineT Scrambler 2016
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Goodness @talox , I know you said you didn’t do social media, but the quality of these photos and richness of your experience are worthy of being shared to inspire other bikers do to what you have done. Have you considered writing a book, either self-published or with the help of a publisher?
Thank you Alfodr! I don't have social media account because I can report only one trip a year and I think it could be a little bit for my followers.
About this long trip I really have many many photos but writing books is a second job🤣🤣🤣
If anyone wants to know something else about my trips or needs some suggestions I can give it. It's a pleasure for me.

·
Registered
NineT Scrambler 2016
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Last episode of the story.

Russian military road to Kazbegi (Georgia)
IMG_7983.jpg
IMG_7919.jpg
IMG_7925.jpg

Vardzia (Georgia), a monastery in the caves
IMG_8054.jpg
IMG_8061.jpg
IMG_8087.jpg

Early morning in Goreme (Cappadocia, Turkey)
IMG_1591.JPG

Love Valley (Cappadocia, Turkey)...it's not difficult to understand why they call it "Love Valley":cool:
IMG_1640.JPG

Europe border!!!
IMG_8151.jpg

Igoumenitsa. The last sunset, the last beer before boarding!
A little bit tired and sad for the end of the trip but also happy, satisfied, proud and safe and sound!
IMG_8163.jpg

·
Registered
15'NineT
62 Posts
Last episode of the story.

Russian military road to Kazbegi (Georgia)
View attachment 139585 View attachment 139583 View attachment 139584

Vardzia (Georgia), a monastery in the caves View attachment 139586 View attachment 139587 View attachment 139588

Early morning in Goreme (Cappadocia, Turkey) View attachment 139589

Love Valley (Cappadocia, Turkey)...it's not difficult to understand why they call it "Love Valley":cool:
View attachment 139590

Europe border!!!
View attachment 139591

Igoumenitsa. The last sunset, the last beer before boarding!
A little bit tired and sad for the end of the trip but also happy, satisfied, proud and safe and sound! View attachment 139592
Really like your story and pictures, trully inspiring. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
15'NineT
62 Posts
That's over 200km/130 miles per day.. You must really like to pedal.
Correct. And lots of hours, rain, sun, wind... well, you already know what I'm talking about, just similar to riding a motorcycle but a bit slower😜.
Back to topic, Talox we all hope you will give us more ride reports as this magnificent one!

·
Registered
NineT Scrambler 2016
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you Oiertxu, I’m waiting for the end of this pandemic crisis for a new trip. I have two options: Pamir Highway or Middle East (by ferry from Italy to Israel) and I’m already studying visas questions!

·
Registered
R nine T Classic 2016
53 Posts
Totally amazing story!! I love your photography and especially Bukkhara. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
266 Posts
Fantastic pics and insight into that part of the world. Thank you very much for sharing the experience with us.(y):cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great trip. I would like to know more about your bike setup as I want to get my Scrambler setup for long distance rides.
Is that the BMW high seat or an aftermarket seat and was it comfortable for you?
Are the H&B panniers on C Bow racks?
Which screen is that?
Is there anything you will change on the bike after doing this epic trip?

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
216 Posts
Great trip. I would like to know more about your bike setup as I want to get my Scrambler setup for long distance rides.
Is that the BMW high seat or an aftermarket seat and was it comfortable for you?
Are the H&B panniers on C Bow racks?
Which screen is that?
Is there anything you will change on the bike after doing this epic trip?
Yip not bad idea as there are a lot of discussions re suspension, seats, seating position and footpegs and you clearly paid your dues on the long way round.

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
216 Posts
long way round ??
Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman travelled from London to New York on the 1150 GSA that was as basic as the nine t and called it the "Long way round" They travelled through parts of the world that Talox is exploring. The long way down was from London to Cape Town and as far as I can remember Talox travelled a bit of Marocco as well. It would seem that in terms of long distance travel and going to out of the way places, his opinion is worth listening to. A lot of riders change from GS to nine t and their opinion is that the nine is not a long distance off the grid machine, well Talox is doing well, or would he rather go on a GSA. I am personally thinking of swopping the GSA for an Urban GS, simply because the Urban has less electronics and is a back to basics bike. The GSA, well is there a dealer in Samarkand that will allow you to plug in the bike and look for a fault? Let us know Talox.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Wow! That was amazing Talox. Such beauty unseen by most, thank you.
Avventura epico, signore, saluto il tuo coraggio. Molto bene. Few people will know the sense of freedom you embrace. Live long and tell many stories, share your wealth of experience. StayUpOn2 Sir ........Blitz

Reactions: Norbi
21 - 40 of 56 Posts