BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
You could also stick on glow in the dark stars.. you know.. the ones you used to have on the ceiling as a kid? Hours of fun!
You mean like these little foam day-glow stickers I have all over my full face …………… Gotta-Love it !
Fluid Paint Gas Personal protective equipment Circle
Helmet Motorcycle helmet Sports equipment Sports gear Automotive lighting
Liberate yourself Chris … have some fun … it’s all a one-trick pony so get your moneys worth before the ride is over …….. no regrets my friend when you’ve tried it all. ,…..Blitz
Helmet Sports gear Motorcycle helmet Cap Hat
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Motorcycle
Sports equipment Football Ball Font Personal protective equipment
Automotive lighting Helmet Home appliance Kitchen appliance Bag
Helmet Headgear Bag Musical instrument Serveware

The glowing wire is a thin plastic tube with a small battery pack called ELW or Electro-Lumeniscent Wire.
You should see the looks I get with glowing stars and flashing “Tron” helmet …… WHAT FUN Chris !
Loosen up a bit man …. I don’t want to blend in … I wanna bust out ! …so get with the program or get out of the way …… Dull is Dead and I’m not quite there yet, don’t worry you’ll get your chance too, no doubt !
…… HaveFun-GoFast …… don’t stop till you can’t get up …. Then just smile and let go because you’ll know you did ALL you could do .. and no regrets. Take a walk on your wild side, you may find a part of you that’s been MIA for a very long time … a part you could really come to enjoy, before it’s to late …………………Blitz

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
“In Progress” is a very very good place to be my friend … Potential is easily folded into hope .. Labeled: I’m not done yet ! says everything. The best is yet to come. You ain’t seen nothing yet ! Etc etc…. That’s where the impetus for pushing into tomorrow and tomorrow ..is born. No matter how hopeless it feels at times there’s always renewed hope when the sun comes up again….. an opportunity with unlimited potential is always on the horizon for brave people…. and you CO are a shape-shifter my friend. I await your MasterPiece UpOn2 Sir. ………………… onward thru the fog ! ………………….Blitz
That is true!

As the man said, “If you're not busy living (and changing), you're busy dying....”

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 · (Edited)
If you following here’s a quick update …. The paint job I’m doing is in progress using a polyurethane rubber deck coating … it’s a two part mix so it must be used all at once. Therefore ALL prep must be complete before any painting can begin … so … I decided to finish the new tail bag I began a month ago so it could be painted along with the tank and swing arm….. see picts below ….. paint should happen mid-week and be ready to ride by the week end … BeWell Mates …. Blitz

Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Flooring Creative arts

Fiberglassing tail bag (box) ……

Wood Musical instrument Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas

Wood Gas Electric blue Composite material Engineering

Tail box masked of where I-don’t want rubber …

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive design

This shows box to bike proportions …

This special sprayer throws paint everywhere so everything that does not get paint gets covered … very messy stuff and application is not real accurate … AND if you’ve ever tried to clean up cured rubber spray when it goes where you DONT want it you know it’s easier to mask and mask some more. You won’t be sorry ,….

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bicycle fork Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,127 Posts
Can’t wait to see the final version live!

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Can’t wait to see the final version live!
I’ll be riding down to the hill country after you and I plan for a round up over a week end this fall ……
“The Texas Rowdy Boys UpOn2” …. desperados on the ride for Wienerschnitzel and beers …..,

• Love
Reactions: Norbi

·
Administrator
13,670 Posts
@BlitzSchnell - Duke, I couldn't help notice the work you're doing on the tank - are you going full exposed aluminum?
I reckon he's going for a full repaint of the tank, but we'll have to wait for the man himself to reply! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
@BlitzSchnell - Duke, I couldn't help notice the work you're doing on the tank - are you going full exposed aluminum?
Yes but the serious advantage of this paint is the prep doesn’t have to be perfect so just throughly roughing the paint and aluminum with 80 grit is great … the tank will be completely covered head to foot … no emblems as I’m filling the badge indent as well as the three indents of design pressed into the tail. The tank cap will be blacked out and I’m going to try the reverse mount so the cap lifts the other way … I read about breaking the lid from the weight of the gasoline nozzle and hose so I thought I’d try that out ., I’ll let you know.
…….Blitz

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 · (Edited)
OK …. I’ll post a short update for those interested … the paint is now complete and it’s outrageous, I’m highly pleased … I’m still detailing so it will be a couple days before I begin final assembly … picts show some of the many steps … this was my first Polyurethane paint job, the material takes some getting used-to and I’ll explain the tricks I picked up on later posts .. Enjoy … …Blitz

Tank prep … I got rid of the Brand badges and the indent details as well … smooth !
Motor vehicle Helmet Fender Gas Personal protective equipment

Next, I will clean it throughly, tape and mask it off then prime …
Automotive tire Fender Glove Rim Personal protective equipment

NOT FOR BEGINNERS !.. I’m mounting a small luggage or package rack on my tank ..(it was a fender style luggage rack from a HD).. Don’t drill your tank unless you’re sure you can handle the process ……. If you’re serious PM me and I’ll explain how I do this with out a leak.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Workwear Fender Gas

pop rivet style nut
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Automotive exterior

Next you’ll see finished paint job …….. Ready ?
Fender Automotive design Automotive tire Electric blue Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Light Automotive tire Blue

lots of details yet to add …. Don’t make up your mind until you see the complete package.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread Bumper

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle

Blue Textile Wood Tints and shades Denim

just a peep show …. I should have the re-modeled version complete by next week.
I’ll keep you informed … ……..Blitz

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,127 Posts
OK …. I’ll post a short update for those interested … the paint is now complete and it’s outrageous, I’m highly pleased … I’m still detailing so it will be a couple days before I begin final assembly … picts show some of the many steps … this was my first Polyurethane paint job, the material takes some getting used-to and I’ll explain the tricks I picked up on later posts .. Enjoy … …Blitz

Tank prep … I got rid of the Brand badges and the indent details as well … smooth !
View attachment 158660
Next, I will clean it throughly, tape and mask it off then prime …
View attachment 158661

NOT FOR BEGINNERS !.. I’m mounting a small luggage or package rack on my tank ..(it was a fender style luggage rack from a HD).. Don’t drill your tank unless you’re sure you can handle the process ……. If you’re serious PM me and I’ll explain how I do this with out a leak.
View attachment 158662

pop rivet style nut
View attachment 158663

Next you’ll see finished paint job …….. Ready ?
View attachment 158666

View attachment 158669

lots of details yet to add …. Don’t make up your mind until you see the complete package.
View attachment 158670

View attachment 158671

View attachment 158672

just a peep show …. I should have the re-modeled version complete by next week.
I’ll keep you informed … ……..Blitz
OmB! Stuff you normally only see in the dark web!

181 - 195 of 195 Posts