BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
241 - 260 of 279 Posts

· Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,324 Posts

· Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
432 Posts
@Norbi
MAD or NOMAD, that is the question!
Why not both? The mad scientist goes Nomad!! The Mad Max experiment on a Nomadic Adventure!! Such a great build, @BlitzSchnell, I'm excited to see the bike and trailer working together, put together from the mind of a really good combination of imagination and engineer. You are an IMAGINEER!!

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 · (Edited)
As for my welding needs … (1st pict) The main frame is now complete … swingarm for the wheel is complete … I can begin to install the bearings and hardware like the shocks and dampener ……. I have to work out the ground clearance, set the running height and degree of dampening as well as the weight range of the new ATV shocks I’m using. Lots of work and lots of fun too ………………..
(2nd pict) ..makeshift wood mold for possible new tail light to be cast … CRE LED assembly times two at 12vdc (resistors are built in) shown in picts 4/5…
(3rd pict) is rough cast of tail light broken out of wood mold …
(6th pict) possible use of new cast tail light ………
….. at this stage any thing goes .. it will no doubt change several times from what you see here …”it“ …(the bike look and MadMax concept)… evolve so we will all see it bloom into whatever … I’ll be as surprised as you fellas … else what fun would this all be ….. and I don’t do it if it’s not FUN Last two picts (7/8) are possible use of the Risome original lights … hammerhead shark like….. I like the idea but they are a little to long … I’m going to shorten them.
Later ……………….. Blitz

Wood Bicycle frame Gas Bicycle part Engineering
Rectangle Wood Red Gas Tints and shades
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Automotive parking light Bumper
Wood Red Wall Rectangle Gas
Font Rectangle Slope Aircraft Aviation
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive exterior Bicycle tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

· Registered
931 Posts
Duke, both you and your bike are one of a kind and deserve applause!

The tail light looks good.
Will it be drawing power from the original plug?
You may have to use some kind of connection adapter and possibly wire in a resistor to keep the ECU happy.

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Duke, both you and your bike are one of a kind and deserve applause!

The tail light looks good.
Will it be drawing power from the original plug?
You may have to use some kind of connection adapter and possibly wire in a resistor to keep the ECU happy.
@Chris. Thanks Chris… The elements used in the lamp are CRE style “bulbs”. They are rated at 12vdc so their resistors are built in to the circuit, …no additional resistance is needed. Most LED’s are using less than 12vdc so the resistance is necessary to reduce power in order not to fry the diode. The variation in lumen levels to have a distinction between the brake light and running lights (bright and dim) are achieved by adjusting the frequency or how often they flash, it’s very quick…(faster than you can see)… not a voltage variation or separate filament. Because the new light is an LED the CanBus won’t even be aware there’s been a change. When you compare the electrical system on these bikes to old school … it’s very different but it achieves the same results … like comparing fuel injection to a carb … they accomplish the same goal but go about it very differently. Using LED tech opens a HUGE potential for creativity … having a very bright and yet cool source of light to design any shape you desire is amazing as a artist. The set up I chose is soooooooo basic … maybe when I add the original Risome “bullet” lights back into the finished design I’ll like it better, right now it’s kind of plain …… ordinary. I’m for anything but plain and ordinary. I want bike people to say: “Interesting what he did with his Beemer” and non-bike people to say: “What kind of bike is that? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one like it.” ….. since my lawful regulations here in Texas with tail lights amount to something like: “Well .. they gotta-be RED” …and that’s about it ! The sky is the limit. GBT (GodBlessTexas) I won’t really know what it will look like till it’s done … who know how many iterations it will take on before I lose interest and start on some thing else. A.D.D. hounds me moment to moment. Thanks for the heads up … somewhere down the line I picked up an Associates Degree in Electronics just to get familiar with DC mentality so most of this is familiar to me. I’ve never had any higher college education but I’ve picked up 5 associate degrees in a wide array of directions just to keep up with ever changing tech. If you don’t stand with at least one foot in the ever growing pool of general knowledge you immediately begin to fall behind …. There are evening and night classes in academia on any topic that could possibly interest anyone … turn off the Boob-Tube (Television) and go back to school …. (Hint: Your government {any government} would like you to stay a little stupid, your easier to control and regulate) look around … There’s so much I didn’t know I didn’t know … ……………… always take time to learn something new ! What ever it is. …… at least LOOK at everything ……… Tempus fugit people … no kidding……. ………Blitz

· Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,324 Posts
Those tires are still too regular. Try this instead:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
@BlitzSchnell , The last picture with the rear lights on a stand makes me think about a sci-fi space ship. Or some kind of stealth plane? Im not quite sure but it looks different and nice!
Never make up your mind till the deed is done @Chris. … so much is going to change when I can hook up the trailer and ride off ………………..
Back cushion on the new glove box / tidy-tail … a place I can lock my goggles, gloves, disk-lock and other BS. Again the finished piece will look better, the leather is freshly dyed and black is always dull and dirty until it gets a polish job, so don’t judge ……… not yet. Now I have to wet steam and curve the top piece from thin veneer to replace the cardboard shown in these picts. Then I’ll add the hammerhead tail lights and fab a frame for the single cast light at the very tip. I shortened the spread on the hammerhead tail light and I like it much better. Picts to follow soon ………….

Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Wood
Musical instrument Wood Flooring Floor Tints and shades
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle
Open glove  box

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Those tires are still too regular. Try this instead:
View attachment 160797
Norbi Mate ….I thought you’d gone for KNOBBIES on your TT Racer ? What happened, you think those Michael Jordan TennieShoes are going to help …? ………. Just Do It ! 😇

Reactions: Benkos

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 · (Edited)
Coming along … Hood Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Automotive tire Electric blue Luggage and bags Bag Fashion accessory
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

(pict #1) reinforcement arch to firmly support the top.
#2) 1/4” 3layer plywood .. slotted or kerfed so the wood can be bent or curved
#3) modified hammerhead tail lights (shortened the overall length by 4”)
#4) showing fixed curve in what will become the new roof or box top
#5) back rest now covered in polished leather …. LoookingGood.
#6) leather back rest now covered in masking tape ……
tomorrow the box should be finished and ready to deck paint …. ……………. Then to the trailer and beyond ! …………… ✌🏻😎👍🏻 Blitz

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
If I lived closer, I'd be begging to be an apprentice to learn the stuff you do. I'm truly impressed.
Gene … if your like me and retired … I have no fixed schedule … Your only about 14 hours out from Dallas and that’s if you run the speed limits …. The worst would be two days at 7 hours each … my sister lived there for 50 years and I’ve made that trip many times. When you get here I have a private apartment with fully equipped kitchen, bathroom & shower that could be your for the asking …. Spend a week and we’ll work on your bike …. Summers coming Man ….. You’ll be welcome at my fire anytime ….. …………….Blitz

· Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
432 Posts
I'm afraid I haven't made it to retirement yet. I came close when my employer decided all employees had to be vaccinated and I refused to get one. Turns out the company blinked first and I'm still there. I have several years to go to retire. For my next vacation, I'm trying to convince my wife its in her best interest to let me ride a couple of the backcountry discovery routes this summer.

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
I'm afraid I haven't made it to retirement yet. I came close when my employer decided all employees had to be vaccinated and I refused to get one. Turns out the company blinked first and I'm still there. I have several years to go to retire. For my next vacation, I'm trying to convince my wife its in her best interest to let me ride a couple of the backcountry discovery routes this summer.
My Girl Judy doesn’t ride, she’s 81 so it’s a bit late to break her into cycling. She won’t go near Blitz… so I’d find out where she wanted to go and then I’d plan some elaborate long way around route on State highways and back roads. Then I’d leave ahead of her ..(she’s in the cage-mobile).. I’d take the twisties or scenic route on Blitz and she’d take the car on the main highways and we’d meet up for overnight stays in road side motels. She got to see all the places she was curious about and I got to Ride all over Texas… we’d site-see and dine together, sit and make plans for the next town and then do the same thing all over again. … win / win !
I’m sad you can’t just pack you bag and head for Texas … should you get out this way you know you’d be welcome here Gene. BeWell
Regards Duke & Blitz & Thunder ……….

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
Wood Bumper Hood Flooring Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
The new tail is looking better and better, I’m getting happier and closer to complete. Then I’m spending full time on the new member .. Thunder, my single wheel trailer, … I should finish the tail this week and paint as well.………………….. Blitz

· Registered
931 Posts
241 - 260 of 279 Posts