BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
261 - 279 of 279 Posts

· Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,324 Posts
Norbi Mate ….I thought you’d gone for KNOBBIES on your TT Racer ? What happened, you think those Michael Jordan TennieShoes are going to help …? ………. Just Do It ! 😇
@BlitzSchnell Wait - you think this “situation”:

is MY bike?!? What?!?!?
You need some more sleep, buddy! I’m deeply concerned now.

@Chris<CJ>: watch this educational explanation of the difference between wing and spoiler:

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Is that a "spoiler" on the tail?
Naaa … no aerodynamic value at all ….. It’s a small salute to Star Trek I guess … it’s a set of Rizoma LED tail lights … I just didn’t want to mount them like everybody else does. My thought was, ‘what if I buy something and want to tie a small package to the the tail ?’ I need something to bungee it to ……
Either that or it looks like a small hammer head shark …. Whatever … at least it doesn’t look like everyone else’s …and that’s what I like … you’ll understand when the whole lighting array is lit up …. There will also be a single bright UV Blue light on the tail that will make it even more unique ……. Stay tuned … Blitz’s new persona is developing. ………………………………. Blitz

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
The modified indicators from #244
Your correct Tom …. They were just to wide in that 224 post picture and are about three inches shorter overall now … everything but the lenses of the lights will eventually be deck coated with texture, along with the entire tail piece to match the tank ……………………………. Blitz

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
@BlitzSchnell Wait - you think this “situation”:

is MY bike?!? What?!?!?
You need some more sleep, buddy! I’m deeply concerned now.

@Chris<CJ>: watch this educational explanation of the difference between wing and spoiler:

If you measure with your head …. What if your a FatHead like me ? I had to special order my helmet at 7 3/4” minimum. Does that mean l’ll give a biased review ….? What hat size would be the best review ? ………………. I always thought a wing was a piece of chicken and a tail is what you went looking for on a Friday night after a few drinks at the bar …. Now I’m confused ! ………Maybe it’s a story told round the camp fire …………………………………. Blitz

• Haha
Reactions: Norbi

· Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
290 Posts
Here’s what I found …… View attachment 150897
The best feature is that it zips open at the bottom and virtually doubles in size (height only)
Down side is it’s not leather but heavy vinyl so the UV will eventually get to it. 👍🏻
Dang gum it Blitz, somehow I missed your post answering my question about this bag. I have lived in quiet obliviousness for just short of a year not knowing about or where to find it which given my budget has been just fine... AND now reading a post from one of my favorite RNine madman tinkerer extraordinaire, that's you, Blitz, I find your answer to my question and think I need to go buy that bag because you made it look so good on your ride.

Thanks a lot, buddy...🤣
~Bean

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Dang gum it Blitz, somehow I missed your post answering my question about this bag. I have lived in quiet obliviousness for just short of a year not knowing about or where to find it which given my budget has been just fine... AND now reading a post from one of my favorite RNine madman tinkerer extraordinaire, that's you, Blitz, I find your answer to my question and think I need to go buy that bag because you made it look so good on your ride.

Thanks a lot, buddy...🤣
~Bean
That was for me Bean …the best Blitz has ever looked ..(if I wanted normal … and for a bit I though I did).. the traveling I used to do has changed so the bag was a bit to large. Now I’ve decided to tidy the tail with a custom box big enough for goggles, gloves and g*n. …(that’s gin 😉 right!)… With the addition of “Lightning” my new trailer I don’t need to carry anything on the bike but me … no bags at ALL. No back pack, no saddle bags, no tank bag and no tail bag either … Nothing ! Hurray ! I can travel conveniently with ALL my gear .. then arrive at my destination .. disconnect my trailer ..(in 30seconds).. and ride away a naked bike to tour the town. When disconnected the trailer handles like a small wheelbarrow so I roll it out and put it in a motel room no problem ………………… TheBag .. I was at one time planning to disassemble that bag and copy the pattern. Then completely re-build it in all top grain leather but then I got side tracked with something else .. sooooo .. I took the bag to a leather shop here in town and proposed the same idea. He said minimum $1,200 so I tipped my hat and said “No thanks” … if I had done it, zippers and all maybe $350 in materials perhaps two days labor. Taking the bag apart and making the parts is the long and difficult part … sewing is maybe 3 or 4 hours total Simple labor is so expensive these day …. and I need to do maintenance on my Pfaff before I sew anything ….. so much to do, Tempus fugit. ……………………Blitz

· Registered
290 Posts
That was for me Bean …the best Blitz has ever looked ..(if I wanted normal … and for a bit I though I did).. the traveling I used to do has changed so the bag was a bit to large. Now I’ve decided to tidy the tail with a custom box big enough for goggles, gloves and g*n. …(that’s gin 😉 right!)… With the addition of “Lightning” my new trailer I don’t need to carry anything on the bike but me … no bags at ALL. No back pack, no saddle bags, no tank bag and no tail bag either … Nothing ! Hurray ! I can travel conveniently with ALL my gear .. then arrive at my destination .. disconnect my trailer ..(in 30seconds).. and ride away a naked bike to tour the town. When disconnected the trailer handles like a small wheelbarrow so I roll it out and put it in a motel room no problem ………………… TheBag .. I was at one time planning to disassemble that bag and copy the pattern. Then completely re-build it in all top grain leather but then I got side tracked with something else .. sooooo .. I took the bag to a leather shop here in town and proposed the same idea. He said minimum $1,200 so I tipped my hat and said “No thanks” … if I had done it, zippers and all maybe $350 in materials perhaps two days labor. Taking the bag apart and making the parts is the long and difficult part … sewing is maybe 3 or 4 hours total Simple labor is so expensive these day …. and I need to do maintenance on my Pfaff before I sew anything ….. so much to do, Tempus fugit. ……………………Blitz
Blitz,

I have two bags or trunks as I call them for Bean. One is a small that when I bought it I thought would be fine for carrying the essentials like sunnies, (sunglasses), light gloves, chapstick, etc. However, it proved to be a bit too small so I bought a bigger version. The thing is with my style and the areas I cover riding my essentials now include flat kits, pump, tools, water bottles, snacks, kitchen sink, etc. Let's not forget camera gear, drone gear, sunnies, a hat, and sunscreen. So even with my extensive mods to the larger very expensive Hapco and Becker trunk I still don't have the convenience and space I would like. All that said I am always looking for things or ways to ease my burden which is why I was looking at your rig.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank White
Obviously not there yet...:rolleyes:
So that whole thing about a trailer sounds really good to me for the long haul. As for looking as good as you do, well only Photoshop could help me there...

Kind regards,
~Bean

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Blitz,

I have two bags or trunks as I call them for Bean. One is a small that when I bought it I thought would be fine for carrying the essentials like sunnies, (sunglasses), light gloves, chapstick, etc. However, it proved to be a bit too small so I bought a bigger version. The thing is with my style and the areas I cover riding my essentials now include flat kits, pump, tools, water bottles, snacks, kitchen sink, etc. Let's not forget camera gear, drone gear, sunnies, a hat, and sunscreen. So even with my extensive mods to the larger very expensive Hapco and Becker trunk I still don't have the convenience and space I would like. All that said I am always looking for things or ways to ease my burden which is why I was looking at your rig.
View attachment 160897 Obviously not there yet...:rolleyes:
So that whole thing about a trailer sounds really good to me for the long haul. As for looking as good as you do, well only Photoshop could help me there...

Kind regards,
~Bean
Ahhh that’s nice to hear Bean …. But …. You and the Bean have gone to places and seen things that me and Blitz can only dream of Mate. Looking good is not a criteria you use when on tour on a motorcycle. I’m having some fun for sure .. but you and the other road Gypsies full of wanderlust and hearing the call of wild go cruzing out into the unknown with a personal challenge to see, to conquer, to overcome any obstacle for the experience … me … I just want to ride my motorbike … doesn’t matter where. It’s really nice when it’s beautiful but not necessary … besides I’m usually going way to fast to sight see anyway. For me biking is about gravity trying to steal my machine out from under me ..and me continuing to out smart it when I can’t out fight it. I’m always looking for limits … how far can I take … somewhat safely … without endangering anyone around me but me. My trips these days are all on super highways at 80+
so I can get from point A to point B as quickly as possible. Not much to see but pretty SunSets or rises. To old to change again …… WYSIWYG ….. ………………………………………. Blitz

· Registered
290 Posts
Ahhh that’s nice to hear Bean …. But …. You and the Bean have gone to places and seen things that me and Blitz can only dream of Mate. Looking good is not a criteria you use when on tour on a motorcycle. I’m having some fun for sure .. but you and the other road Gypsies full of wanderlust and hearing the call of wild go cruzing out into the unknown with a personal challenge to see, to conquer, to overcome any obstacle for the experience … me … I just want to ride my motorbike … doesn’t matter where. It’s really nice when it’s beautiful but not necessary … besides I’m usually going way to fast to sight see anyway. For me biking is about gravity trying to steal my machine out from under me ..and me continuing to out smart it when I can’t out fight it. I’m always looking for limits … how far can I take … somewhat safely … without endangering anyone around me but me. My trips these days are all on super highways at 80+
so I can get from point A to point B as quickly as possible. Not much to see but pretty SunSets or rises. To old to change again …… WYSIWYG ….. ………………………………………. Blitz
Blitz,

It's all good on two wheels...
Plant Sky Bicycle handlebar Cloud Motor vehicle

~Bean

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 · (Edited)
OK … some picts with the almost complete tail change up (before & after) …. I like it much better than the first rendition ..but it’s not quite right .,. I’ll know why after I stare at it while …. It looks really good when lit up at night ….. like nothing else I’ve seen yet 👍🏻…. Point is, now I’m freed up to get the trailer on the ground … “He” has been christened “Donner” … (thanks Norbi) .. Blitz is a she …. I’ll get official soon and break some champagne … I have a dozen errands to run for the trailer project now that Blitz is up and running again. Onward thru the fog ! ………..Blitz & Donner - Lightning & Thunder ……………. Blitz
First two picts: (with green grass) show first version … the rest are latest but not the last ….

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Musical instrument Hood
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

I’m fabricating an illuminated plexiglass lightning bolt as a “hood” ornament to mount on the front fender (not shown) …. Can’t help myself FUN !

· Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,324 Posts
The only thing missing now is some kind of genius contraption that keeps the BMW logo in the rear wheel upright…and lit😉

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
The only thing missing now is some kind of genius contraption that keeps the BMW logo in the rear wheel upright…and lit😉
That’s going to happen Norbi … before I see you in spring that will occur no doubt … on your bike and mine … however I have forgotten why we are redoing yours, did it not work properly ? … was it to just tighten up the fit ? Make it thinner and lighter ? Change the overall shape (not much) ? What was the reason … ? ………………………………………… Blitz

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
@BlitzSchnell I think it is fairly square (the box and the light) and that doesn't flow well with the more rounded features on the bike. that might be why you think something is off....
You have a good point Bob. I curved the top, perhaps the sides and back could use some rounding … I’ll take some good picts and play on photoshop and see how that would look. You’re right .. the tail light is not right yet (sure looks cool at night) I know other bikers look as I go by and say “WTF was that?” …… …and I am soooo cool with that ….thank Bob. ……………..Blitz

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
Started the sculptured lightning bolt for the front fender hood ornament today … it rained all day and was in the 40° range …so work on the trailer was postponed. First two picts I’m testing LED strip for illuminating the bolt internally by casting the strip inside the bolt .. grey clay box is for forming the first half of a two part silicon mold .. last pick is the mother piece actual size …. My old silicon went bad so I have to get more tomorrow … some clear plastic too. I’ll get back here later …………………………………. Blitz

Textile Sleeve Gas Tints and shades Electric blue
Hood Azure Automotive tire Tints and shades Electric blue
Wood Rectangle Gas Font Concrete
Wood Gesture Art Font Asphalt

· Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
A bit more done tonight …. I got my supplies today … I finished the two part silicon mold (in blue) and pulled the first cast for ..proof of concept … the shape is good but I got anxious and opened the mold about 10 minutes to soon and lost the very pointy part of the lightning ….the next pull (tomorrow) will contain the LED lights ……… I haven’t decided yet if I’ll use a true UV LED or just RGB selectable (Red Green Blue) and mix what ever shade I want … the casting resin is clear and I added some glow flourscent powder to the clear … that’s why in the picts D-G-E the bolt looks white. When subjected to UV light it should glow a blue-ish white light ………… I should have it further along tomorrow so you can see where I’m headed with this A.D.D. diversion from the trailer … I work late late nights and it’s just to cold to work on it the past few days … I hope I make another summer … 🤞🏻 ……… Blitz
Wood Flooring Wood stain Hardwood Plank
Wood Gesture Flooring Wood stain Thumb
Wood Wood stain Floor Flooring Hardwood
Blue Azure Font Tool Paint
Clothing Azure Window Sleeve Rectangle
Wood Sleeve Font Bow tie Rectangle
Blue Liquid Fluid Sleeve Rectangle

D-G-E …. First pull different angles … translucent UV glow plastic
C-A-F-B … silicon mold ….

261 - 279 of 279 Posts