BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Truth! I forgot there are a lot of people driving who don't seem to use their mirrors at all.
I like to see who is behind me to see if they are tailgating me because I know sometimes my brake light doesn't come on when I slow down. Or does engine braking make the light come on? I'm getting in the habit of braking more effectively with regards to other drivers. Anyway, stay present. It's the challenge and skill it takes that I LOVE! (Not the risk.)

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 · (Edited)
Truth! I forgot there are a lot of people driving who don't seem to use their mirrors at all.
I like to see who is behind me to see if they are tailgating me because I know sometimes my brake light doesn't come on when I slow down. Or does engine braking make the light come on? I'm getting in the habit of braking more effectively with regards to other drivers. Anyway, stay present. It's the challenge and skill it takes that I LOVE! (Not the risk.)
@radchick1 They make an auxiliary tail light that mounts on the back of your helmet …it works on an accelerometer so when you decelerate it lights up automatically … every time you down shift and get off the gas it pick up on the motion change and signals behind you. Also comes on during normal braking …. Look it up and read further ,,. Blitz
Product Font Material property Screenshot Technology

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
OK … I flipped the bar ends mirrors inward and I’ve got maybe two hours of traffic on them … they work really well but I’m not satisfied with the field of view .. when they were installed in the standard bar end manor I had stuck some additional adhesive add-on tiny circular convex mirrors on them up in the edge … about the size of a quarter … I removed them when I inverted the mount … I didn’t realize how much I was using them and how much more information they were giving me … I think I want to change the mirror units altogether and go with full convex mirrors, mounted in the new manor, inward. I’m going to order a set tonight and decommission Blitz to begin the paint job I’ve been talking about for a couple of months ….. I just HATE thinking about not riding for days while I give her a face lift Botox make over. I originally wanted to wait until I found and mounted a full rear fender but that process will be a project of its own …. another day. I have hours of masking to do, also to drain and remove the tank … Check back later……………………Blitz

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
The reverse mirrors are really working out for me… takes some getting used to but I’m liking it. I have to remember to look down instead of up. Getting them tweaked into position took some time but they don’t bump the tank and don’t bump my knees or wrists so it’s only a matter of getting used to the new position. I like them …..
Sky Plant Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

These are all pictures before “THE” paint job …. I’m looking to change the look of the pict below to what’s pictured below it. I airbrushed the pict and blacked out much of the silver trim and gold shocks …. I never liked the golden front forks ….
Fuel tank Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle

Tire Plant Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

The blacker the better ………. I’m about to decommission Blitz …(for the first time.. for any length of time)
Probably around two weeks, to dismantle, prep, tape and prime, final paint and cure …. Raptor brand two part polyurethane …black …deck paint with heavy texture pattern. I’ll have knee grip all over the damn tank. I’m tempted to re-shape it a bit too, we’ll see how it goes…. In any case here it goes ………… Wild ones get ready to smile, traditionalist get ready to cringe …. I’m gonna get ready to ride ! …………..Blitz

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Man blitz I love how a few of your photos got flagged for possible adult content. At least they did here. I had to go through a second step to view them just to see your unique turn signals. Keep them coming!

In my opinion it does need a little more cowbell though.
YeeeeeHaaaaa Cowboy Baloo… hold on to your hat Pardner ….. if’n it’s agunna have a bell in the front with horn’s then … it’s agunna have one of those things in the rear…. and Ohhhhh brother the methane ..Pheuuu !
…………Blitz
Sky Plant Tire Wheel Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood
I’m so glad Blitz doesn’t have access to the internet …..

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,765 Posts
YeeeeeHaaaaa Cowboy Baloo… hold on to your hat Pardner ….. if’n it’s agunna have a bell in the front with horn’s then … it’s agunna have one of those things in the rear…. and Ohhhhh brother the methane ..Pheuuu !
…………Blitz
View attachment 156771 View attachment 156772 I’m so glad Blitz doesn’t have access to the internet …..
Ha!!!!
I got to say. Out of all the people that I know on this forum, you are definitely one of them.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Nice job on the airbrushing, Blitz. (y) That black is gonna look good!
Thanks @CerealOwner … No wax, no polish, easy wash with soap and water then blow dry with a leaf blower. I think that polyurethane textured finish is going to be amazing. I like the idea of having knee grip galore, I climb all over the tank anyway while cornering and having a solid grip will feel really good. Blitz may loose some of her BMW style beauty.. but her “down-n-dirty” side of “MissBehave” will show in spades. When complete .. not only will she sound like a proper bike she’ll look the part too. That’s the fun in this moto adoption process of making your machine into “ your machine” it will always be on a very Freudian level ..a direct reflection of the owner/rider. So from now on as we admire the many picts of bikes on here … try and imagine the rider, based on his choices, selections and combinations of ….. well ….. everything ! …………….Blitz

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
…………Blitz
View attachment 156771 View attachment 156772 I’m so glad Blitz doesn’t have access to the internet …..
Dont forget the Fuzzy Dices hanging from the handlebars. :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
This thread has been a hoot to follow and please do reconsider leaving the forks gold so we can recognize you from all the other blacked out sportsters out there. 😛
Ahhhh ….. the cylinders go the other way ……… Oh .. and the BMW will be the one out front ……….Blitz

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Well Mates … FYI - I intend to decommission Blitz a week from today .. as I still have two medical appointments next week to attend …but I was just sitting here making plans and feeling anxiety about the fact I won’t be able to go for a ride and clear my head as I do every single day (except rainy ones) … She’ll be down … I’m thinking two week, maybe less … it takes about 72 hours ( 3 days) for the urethane to cure fully.. and I know once I get her stripped down and the tank and covers off that I’ll find other details I’ll want to do as well .. a full black out as far as paint … then… like a full tune, fluids, valves/plugs on & on bla bla …………… I haven’t own a car in years …….. I may have to go rent a surrogate bike to keep me sane while Blitz gets a face lift and Botox boost. I’ll name my rent bike .. “Methadone” because she’s just a temporary substitute for the real deal, you addicted riders know what I mean …. I just know I’m not going to get much sleep until this is done … I can’t seem to even think about much else. …. I’ll know I’m committed … in for a penny in for a pound when I begin to sand paper a perfectly good gas tank … I’ve reached that fork in the road of BMW brotherhood and cannot resist the pull, I know I am not normal, the object is to increase the beauty and value … not flush it ! Ahhh, Who Knew ? …. See ya on the other side UpOn2 …………..Blitz

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
making your machine into “ your machine” it will always be on a very Freudian level ..a direct reflection of the owner/rider. So from now on as we admire the many picts of bikes on here … try and imagine the rider, based on his choices, selections and combinations of ….. well ….. everything ! …………….Blitz
Uh oh. Now you've got me thinking about this. :unsure: What does mine say about me -- especially since I can't seem to ever finish changing it?

I guess I'm a work in progress...

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Uh oh. Now you've got me thinking about this. :unsure: What does mine say about me -- especially since I can't seem to ever finish changing it?

I guess I'm a work in progress...
“In Progress” is a very very good place to be my friend … Potential is easily folded into hope .. Labeled: I’m not done yet ! says everything. The best is yet to come. You ain’t seen nothing yet ! Etc etc…. That’s where the impetus for pushing into tomorrow and tomorrow ..is born. No matter how hopeless it feels at times there’s always renewed hope when the sun comes up again….. an opportunity with unlimited potential is always on the horizon for brave people…. and you CO are a shape-shifter my friend. I await your MasterPiece UpOn2 Sir. ………………… onward thru the fog ! ………………….Blitz

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,765 Posts
Sending out positive vibes to you blitz. I'm hoping that your medical appointments go well. Wishing you the very best. I think you should alternate black and white stripes on your front forks by the way. Some to think about

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Sending out positive vibes to you blitz. I'm hoping that your medical appointments go well. Wishing you the very best. I think you should alternate black and white stripes on your front forks by the way. Some to think about
Thanks my friend 👍🏻… how about black and gold stripes …. Black and white looks to much like a BarberShop!
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Automotive tire

161 - 180 of 195 Posts