BMW NineT Forum banner

My first ride with my brand new R NineT G/S

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  motoqtreiber 
#1 · (Edited)
My first ride with my brand new R NineT G/S

Wow! Was I startled pressing the start button. Was that me? What a sound! The looks stunning anyway. I am going to call her "The Model"
„Sie ist ein Model und sie sieht gut aus. Ich nehm sie heut gerne mit zu mir nachhaus.“ (Kraftwerk). The first bike I bought cause of the Looks.
I had a test drive at the BMW Motorrad Days in Garmisch, Bavaria and immediately ordered it afterwards. But during a long winter I had nearly forgotten.
I was expecting a cozy GS. Big mistake! Even if it looks like it. It is more of a sporty roadster, seating position is front oriented as on a S1000R (which I am a fan of). It can go fast, but unlike the S1000xx you can stroll along lake Walchensee and enjoy the view, the sound ...
And from time to time you open the throttle -still breaking in the bike- and enjoy the sound.

Namlostal
[media]https://youtu.be/6KwjWn7jiaA[/media]​
https://youtu.be/6KwjWn7jiaA

Kesselberg​
https://youtu.be/UVJIlqOBhGs

See less See more
#2 ·
the UGS to Turban is without doubt the most beautiful little racer and tourer BMW has put on its wheels for a long time . . . an old school bike what seating position, wind and rain protection are concerned,

But with the right tires (the TCK 80 look great as knobblies but are not the most enthusiastic through the corners) this little bike allows for a good base speed up and down the Sudelfeld, while seated comfy and "on top of things" - try the Endurance Next

For long hault, I wish for a little more wind protection, but hey - we are old school as well in good and bad days. . . enjoy this classy head-tuner my dear Treiber

#3 ·

No unfriendly load change responses when reducing the gas before or in the corner and accelerating again. All smooth. I guess they don’t reduce the gas completely when driver lifts off the accelerator and the bike goes into overrun.

I will probably not go an dirt roads with this beauty
- Suspension is more on the sportive side
- Driving while standing I look like a duck diving on the ground of a lake. I am 185cm. For that I would need the Wilbers suspensions with 7 extra centimeters, higher handle bars and lower pegs. But after a 1150 Adventure I really enjoy reaching the ground with my feet :)
- I would fear to hurt my beauty…
So I decided against the spoke wheels and have a normal Tourance Next. Maybe Continental TKC 70 (looks cool but is 70% for street) or Continental Road Attack 3 for best road performance. This way it looks a bit like a Supermoto version of a GS.

#4 ·
Sudelfeld: Nice road, but you need more speed to enjoy the curves and there is a lot of police waiting for your money.
On the Kesselberg ( a former race track) you can enjoy the curves at your personal top speed and you are sill legal. Somehow.
And it is close to BMW Motorrad Days. Have you been there?

BTW I am from Frankonia. Nice area in Germany with a lot of curvy roads, too. And cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.