BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay let me see if I do this right with images I finally picked up my 9T after the oil change and I asked the dealer to install the wheel hugger.
AS we can see or maybe I screwed up and you cant see the images. but just imagine if the pictures do not come out :)
the wheel hugger is nice I like the looks of the carbon fiber
I also like the way it stretches all the way an inch after the passenger seat
and once again in FLorida we had rain so I rode it back in rain.
did it protect? who the heck knows because I do not understand why people complain when it rains rain comes from above/sideways so wet is wet rain an dirt will be with us till our last day we ride so its all about the looks :) Also it does seem to fit wider wheels

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,513 Posts
Okay let me see if I do this right with images I finally picked up my 9T after the oil change and I asked the dealer to install the wheel hugger.
AS we can see or maybe I screwed up and you cant see the images. but just imagine if the pictures do not come out :)
the wheel hugger is nice I like the looks of the carbon fiber
I also like the way it stretches all the way an inch after the passenger seat
and once again in FLorida we had rain so I rode it back in rain.
did it protect? who the heck knows because I do not understand why people complain when it rains rain comes from above/sideways so wet is wet rain an dirt will be with us till our last day we ride so its all about the looks :) Also it does seem to fit wider wheels
Very nice, Bill... Those pictures have just confirmed that it's the ilmberger hugger I'll be buying next! It's a decent size and fits in with the looks of the 9T pretty well.... :D

·
Administrator
11,513 Posts
I know the answer is on the forum elsewhere, but perhaps you could confirm that it's the hugger for the R1200R you order as there is not a specific application for the R9T?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the answer is on the forum elsewhere, but perhaps you could confirm that it's the hugger for the R1200R you order as there is not a specific application for the R9T?
Hi Dave,

Well I am sorry but I just realized I do not know where they ordered it from but I had gone to dealer to make apointment for oil change and I was lucky to run into
the mechanic that just installed one of these to another 9T and when I saw it on someone else's 9t I said thats it and I told them to order me one.
He did say that this is the brand that BMW uses for their bikes.

I will be at dealer this week ordering a rear passenger seat so I will confirm where this hugger came from.

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts

·
Administrator
11,513 Posts
Thanks @Bill88 and @Karamazov

I've managed to track down an Ilmberger hugger on Hornig's site at a substantial £30 saving over Nippy Norman's price, inclusive of shipping...

Just ordered it!

Could have got one on eBay slightly cheaper, but Hornig is a well-known company, and with the usual German efficiency I'll be assured of a prompt delivery.... I am suitably pleased! :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Mike,
the dealers get them an give a 10% or 15% discount. I assume is because I bought a bike from local dealer and to tell you the truth they were good salesmen they showed it on another 9T so I was sold. check with your US dealer they should give some sort of discount after buying with tax and all a 17K plus and plus and plus bike

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hey Mike,
the dealers get them an give a 10% or 15% discount. I assume is because I bought a bike from local dealer and to tell you the truth they were good salesmen they showed it on another 9T so I was sold. check with your US dealer they should give some sort of discount after buying with tax and all a 17K plus and plus and plus bike
Except I purchased my bike "used" from a private party.

I ordered one from the retailer posted above. With shipping it came to $270 which is not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Except I purchased my bike "used" from a private party.

I ordered one from the retailer posted above. With shipping it came to $270 which is not bad at all.
After I placed my order, I realized that I ordered the primed one when I wanted the CF unit. Ooops.

I emailed them to cancel that order.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is by far the nicest looking hugger I've seen - but i have to wonder what it really does. I have to admit that I don't ride in the rain often ... but when I get surprised by some water on the road ..I suppose I'd appreciate a little extra dry on my behind. Anyone have a thought on what they really do? Also - anyone have a picture of this hugger with the passenger seat removed on the Nine T ? I like that look for the bike ..but then you're really not protected behind ..thinking this hugger might be the answer. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dear John :) Guys and gals,
it looks nice thats for sure, Now about protection, It probably protects the most out of these huggers due to size, strength and length. How much protection or does it make a difference?
that is up to the "Eye of the Beholder." I think it should be stock too (Vancouver is right) so thats why I bought it. Now I need to play the lottery because the Carbon Fiber cylinder head protectors / sliders are looking good to my empty pocket.

·
Registered
269 Posts
This is by far the nicest looking hugger I've seen - but i have to wonder what it really does. I have to admit that I don't ride in the rain often ... but when I get surprised by some water on the road ..I suppose I'd appreciate a little extra dry on my behind. Anyone have a thought on what they really do? Also - anyone have a picture of this hugger with the passenger seat removed on the Nine T ? I like that look for the bike ..but then you're really not protected behind ..thinking this hugger might be the answer. Thanks in advance.
I also have one and it is an improvement.

What it does is keep the mud off the rear spring/shock assembly.

When riding in the rain, it is some help compared to no hugger but the water still manages to soak your butt.

Now to buy some waterproof over clothes.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well Mike,
I have ta check and look at the receipt but it was with tax and all around mid to upper three's (there was a discount of 10% or 15 % I do remember that so it helps but the helpfull part was I did it with the 600 mile check up and they installed it and I do not see a charge for install or if I did it must of been 1/2 hour or less.
BUT BUT the frekin fuel light is on YES fuel light issues with a 600 mile check up

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Well, shipped to my door from Hornig is $380.92 so I will just go ahead and order it so that I don't have to deal with a dealer that I do not have a relationship with.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts