BMW NineT Forum banner

221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Having my abm fitted next week.
Today i have my gps on a ram ball mount on the lower clamp threads that are m8.

Could someone advise if i can still use that thread when removing the standard bar. On the pictures it looks like its just the top screw holes that are visible. Are those m10? And does anyone know if the actual screw threads start right away so this m10 ram ball would work? </title><style></style><meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="content-type"><title>

I hope my question is understandable. Writing from my mobile, and cant really Come up with all the english words...monday...:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got inspired by the thread starter "Tiagorito".

Just mounted my clip ons and got rid of the high original mirrors looking like rabbit ears on the bike.

Low clean machine is the result. Actually I think the bar end mirrors give better rear view as it is outside my arms/shoulders when riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just mounted my clip ons and got rid of the highsider bar end mirrors I've been ridden the last two years looking like rabbit ears on the bike.

Low clean machine is the result. Actually I think the bar end mirrors give better rear view as it is outside my arms/shoulders when riding.
WORD !

pics of my bike at www.klaeham.de

·
Registered
273 Posts
Got inspired by the thread starter "Tiagorito".

Just mounted my clip ons and got rid of the high original mirrors looking like rabbit ears on the bike.

Today I swapped to ABM Clips ons!
Great result. Only had a chance to ride it for 30 mins or so.

Did hurt my back a little, but first time riding with clip ons so I will blame my back for that, not the bike.

But,
The bar end mirrors I had pruchased did not fit. Or so my local BMW dealer said. Purchased them as a package at charlymoto:
ABM : Demi guidons ABM Multiclip BMW R NINE T 14-

So I'm desperatly looking for someone to point me to a pair that they know to 100% will fit the ABM Clip ons.
So; Mazze,
Could you send me a link to yours? :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Motogadget "M-Rear" will fit perfectly !
Hmm googled those, and the mount looks like what I have. Maybe its the actual bar ends that are wrong.
Here is what i got today:
http://motogarage.ch/images/product_images/info_images/301-736.jpg

What do I need to fit those?
Do i mount them on the actual bar end or on the clip ons?
If so, should the countrols have been mounted a bit further in on the clip ons to give room for these at the end?

Sorry for the newbie questions. Really feel like a dumbass

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hmm googled those, and the mount looks like what I have. Maybe its the actual bar ends that are wrong.
Here is what i got today:
http://motogarage.ch/images/product_images/info_images/301-736.jpg

What do I need to fit those?
Do i mount them on the actual bar end or on the clip ons?
If so, should the countrols have been mounted a bit further in on the clip ons to give room for these at the end?

Sorry for the newbie questions. Really feel like a dumbass
From the looks of it, looks like will be mounted on the actual clip ons itself

·
Registered
273 Posts
Found some old Barend mirrors in the garrage that I used until i get the adapters.

Spent almost 2 hours just mixing with the settings today. Found my sweet-spot and went for a 4 hour ride! Didn't feel a thing in my back this time. Some tension in the wrists but not that bad.

AMAZING difference! Both on the looks, but mainly on the riding position! Holy crap! The bike went from cool retro-racer to a straight up twist-race-eater! :D Rode with a Hayabua and a couple of sportsbikes today and had no problem at all keeping up.

Thanks to all in this thread for keeping up with me and all my questions before pulling the plug and purchasing these clip ons.

In the Swedish back forests :)

Before and after picture:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had to drill the ABM clip ons

Today I swapped to ABM Clips ons!
Great result. Only had a chance to ride it for 30 mins or so.

Did hurt my back a little, but first time riding with clip ons so I will blame my back for that, not the bike.

But,
The bar end mirrors I had pruchased did not fit. Or so my local BMW dealer said. Purchased them as a package at charlymoto:
ABM : Demi guidons ABM Multiclip BMW R NINE T 14-[/url

So I'm desperatly looking for someone to point me to a pair that they know to 100% will fit the ABM Clip ons.
So; Mazze,
Could you send me a link to yours? :)

I had to drill the clip ons to make the bar end mirrors fit.
5 min work, 13.5 mm drill, about 25 mm deep if I dont remember wrong.
Will check for the link to the mirrors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think you will need a bar end billet mounted at the end and then you "clamp" the mirrors around them.

I don't think it will be able to fit directly on the bar end cause then you have to move the handlebars inward and cables will be stressed.

Not 100% sure but I think thats the case.

The mirrors I attached needed me to drill the bar ends from 12 mm to 13.5 mm about 25 mm deep if I don't remember wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To Petrolpants

Whats your settings?

I have the clamps to the fork like in 90 degrees and then the bar ends slightly back just as far back making them free from the tank. But I think its a bit wide and is considering angle the clamps to the fork a bit forward to be able to narrow the bar ends a bit more. Looks like your settings is more like that.

Can you post the "numbers" in the "gradings" for the clamps and the bar ends or take a narrow photo?

·
Registered
273 Posts
To Petrolpants

Whats your settings?

I have the clamps to the fork like in 90 degrees and then the bar ends slightly back just as far back making them free from the tank. But I think its a bit wide and is considering angle the clamps to the fork a bit forward to be able to narrow the bar ends a bit more. Looks like your settings is more like that.

Can you post the "numbers" in the "gradings" for the clamps and the bar ends or take a narrow photo?
Sure!
Here it is:

221 - 240 of 276 Posts